D-Train35

Super Star
Feb 25, 2006
It's hard to tell how good teams are, because everyone seems to be week to week anymore, teams just aren't consistent. Nationally, outside of Georgia, nobody has been great. B1G has several good teams, but talent wise, OSU is head and shoulders above. Still, 2 weeks ago, Nebraska had every chance to beat them.
good is all relative obviously, i just didn’t want to outright say it seems like the sec is just way better and rustle any feathers

but it’s true

edit - well at the top anyway

D-Train35

Super Star
Feb 25, 2006
i was telling my buddy after the loss to a&m i still thought alabama could get in with a competitive, close loss to georgia...and with oregon out of the picture now i feel like it’s just as probable as improbable

hopefully not at cincy’s expense but as a central floridian i won’t have much sympathy for them

speaking of teams not being that great @HuskerTornado , i don’t wanna hear about cincinnati beating notre dame as an argument. ND was lucky to beat fsu in overtime who then promptly went out and lost to jacksonville state a week later, while they beat toledo by 3 that week. the irish aren’t that good

yes i’m still bitter about 2017-18, the knights should have been in damn it

rant over

Last edited:

Buffy_1997

Black Canarylicious
★ MOD
Jul 3, 2009
i was telling my buddy after the loss to a&m i still thought alabama could get in with a competitive, close loss to georgia...and with oregon out of the picture now i feel like it’s just as probable as improbable

hopefully not at cincy’s expense but as a central floridian i won’t have much sympathy for them

speaking of teams not being that great @HuskerTornado , i don’t wanna hear about cincinnati beating notre dame as an argument. ND was lucky to beat fsu in overtime who then promptly went out and lost to jacksonville state a week later, while they beat toledo by 3 that week. the irish aren’t that good

yes i’m still bitter about 2017-18, the knights should have been in damn it

rant over

Their win over Wisconsin wasn’t as lopsided as the 41-13 final score showed. It was 13-10 Wisconsin with like 13 minutes left in the game and then a ND kickoff return for a TD, 2 defensive TDs and an offensive TD off a fumble on a short field made the score swell up…,I’m convinced that if those 2 teams played right now that Wisconsin would win by 10 at least. Brandon Allen is a beast and Mertz is playing much better than he was back then and the Badgers defense save for yesterday is pretty good.

HuskerTornado

♪ Your delusions are yours, and not mine ♪
Oct 14, 2001
Parts Unknown
10-3, 11-2, 8-4, 5-6. 1 division title, 3 top 13 finishes (2 top 7). Seems like he should have had an opportunity to get things back on track next year.

HuskerTornado

Oct 14, 2001
Parts Unknown

And Martinez is out for the Iowa game with a shoulder injury he suffered just before halftime vs Wisconsin. So that was possibly his last play at Nebraska.

Last edited:

HuskerTornado

Oct 14, 2001
Parts Unknown
Was there any doubt Nebraska would blow a 21-6 2nd half lead?

Same old shit. Godawful OL, special teams, penalties...dropping multiple easy picks as well.

Last edited:

HuskerTornado

Oct 14, 2001
Parts Unknown
Are you kidding me? You're overturning that catch? How ridiculous. He's got it, he brings it into the body....that same catch happens all the time.

Now that 2nd review was close, and I think they gave it to Nebraska on a make up.

Woof at that 3rd and 2 playcall.

What in the flying fuck was that, Smothers? What a shit game, shit season, shit team. And another year of this shit coming in 2022.

Last edited:

HuskerTornado

Oct 14, 2001
Parts Unknown
Nothing more hilarious than 2 weeks ago, Frost saying he didn't believe it was necessary to hire a special teams coordinator, that they were doing well in coverage, protection, etc. And they proceed to give up a kickoff for TD and muff a kickoff return last week, this week they allowed a blocked punt for td. Not to mention the chickenshit fair catches with nobody in 10+ yards of you.

Yeah, you've got it.
giphy.gif

HuskerTornado

Oct 14, 2001
Parts Unknown
Holy crap at the end of this NC/NC St game. UNC blows a 9 point lead with 2:12 left. TD, onside converted, another TD.

Still 1:09 to go and UNC getting the ball back down by 4.

HuskerTornado

Oct 14, 2001
Parts Unknown
Georgia
Cincinnati
Michigan
Notre Dame or Oklahoma St.

But it gets really weird if Michigan blows the game next week and Okie St doesn't win the Big XII.

--Spoke too soon... roll Tide. Jfc Auburn

Last edited:

HuskerTornado

Oct 14, 2001
Parts Unknown
Man, I'll always wonder what would have happened had dipshit then-AD Eichorst interviewed and hired Gundy instead of Mike fucking Riley when Gundy wanted the job.....

ArchMadness07

Almost Not a Noob
Mar 4, 2018
We've gotta change this OT rule back or to something better than basically a free throw contest of 2 point conversions.. fuck a Penalty kick like in soccer would be more suitable than this shit. It's no way to solve a game AFTER EVERYTHING that's happened to lead up to it. "Player safety" is just destroying so many things about this sport, it's depressing.

How the fuck did an entire season go by and this thread is only 8 pages deep? That's even more depressing, what the fuck happened to all our users on this board. This place used to be the spot for soo many years man, did we all die from covid or from wives?

HuskerTornado

Oct 14, 2001
Parts Unknown
We've gotta change this OT rule back or to something better than basically a free throw contest of 2 point conversions.. fuck a Penalty kick like in soccer would be more suitable than this shit. It's no way to solve a game AFTER EVERYTHING that's happened to lead up to it. "Player safety" is just destroying so many things about this sport, it's depressing.

How the fuck did an entire season go by and this thread is only 8 pages deep? That's even more depressing, what the fuck happened to all our users on this board. This place used to be the spot for soo many years man, did we all die from covid or from wives?
2 pt conversion battle-off is a brain dead solution to a problem that doesn't really exist.

Steadily lost a few regs each season. 382 posts in here, 244 were mine,

D

deleted-97811125

Original poster
usc is going to hire like Jeff fisher or some shit lol

watch

HuskerTornado

Oct 14, 2001
Parts Unknown
If Alabama beats Georgia....should Georgia still get a playoff spot? Their schedule....woof. Arkansas and Kentucky are the only teams with a pulse they played all year. Oh....and Clemson. Lol

Last edited:
D

deleted-97811125

Original poster
yeah lincoln riley should probably dominate this conference lol