guillamo

Lvl 43 Chaotic Neutral Minstrel
Jul 29, 2001
I managed to find a "sale" of sorts for Jedi Fallen Order, for those who care. Redbox is selling a ton of games (Death Stranding included) for a very low price. I got Fallen Order for $25. The downside is it's redbox so there's a chance the discs are in questionable condition, plus they don't have an actual case. But blurays are pretty tough so it's typically not a problem. I picked up my copy yesterday and started playing a bit last night. So far it seems pretty cool!

ZotQuix

1st Daimyo of Ohio
Nov 21, 2000
Just finished Disco Elysium. It is...a very literary experience. I loved it an highly recommend it. My only small nitpick is that some of the VA work was done by people from Chapo Trap House, whom irritate me greatly. But the voices were competent so that's just a me issue I guess.

ZotQuix

1st Daimyo of Ohio
Nov 21, 2000
Trying Supraland. Didn't expect to like it but it is charming and has good music.

Pushing forward in Outer Wilds. I dunno why but sometimes a game I've heard is good will take me a bit to get into - like I have to make it a chore to play for a few sessions until it catches on.

Revisting Forza 6 because I was feeling like playing a good racing sim (I don't have 7). It can be fun in small doses.

ZotQuix

1st Daimyo of Ohio
Nov 21, 2000
Was feeling the need for something open world but with a sci-fi aspect. I found Elex. Same folks who did the Gothic/Arcania series. Same janky controls that take some getting used to (basically I'm rolling forward everytime I try to move). But it looks kind of decent. A bit like Fallout with a more vivid color pallet and minus the awesome music. Maybe I'll post again with a bit more of a review once I'm further in. Oh and you start out with a jet pack:

1596295056668.png

Arani337

Almost Not a Noob
Jul 13, 2020
Was feeling the need for something open world but with a sci-fi aspect. I found Elex. Same folks who did the Gothic/Arcania series. Same janky controls that take some getting used to (basically I'm rolling forward everytime I try to move). But it looks kind of decent. A bit like Fallout with a more vivid color pallet and minus the awesome music. Maybe I'll post again with a bit more of a review once I'm further in. Oh and you start out with a jet pack:

View attachment 326626
They did Gothic 1-3 and Risen 1-3. Arcania Gothic 4 was a joke a totally different type of game. A stain on the name of the best 3d pc rpgs imo.

ZotQuix

1st Daimyo of Ohio
Nov 21, 2000
They did Gothic 1-3 and Risen 1-3. Arcania Gothic 4 was a joke a totally different type of game. A stain on the name of the best 3d pc rpgs imo.

Interesting. I really only played the intro to Gothic and the intro to Arcania much later.

GhastlyN

No Longer a Noob
Jan 30, 2004
been playing WWE 13, 14 and 16 late last night and earlier this morning to refresh my memory of the rosters and the main story gimmicks.

Anyone know why Sony took off WWE 2K16's DLC off of the PSN store such as the Arnold Schwarzenneger Terminators?

shamy52

Not the Gay Maker
Nov 29, 2005
I started back playing WoW a few months ago, it's kind of fun. I don't like the changes to flying mounts so I'm just playing vanilla ATM... I'm a sixth level human mage. The 'modern' character I started off with is a level 104 human hunter who lost her flying mount [face_angry] so now I'm vanilla.

I've also been playing a Facebook game called Undead National: Last Shelter but that's going away on December 31 because of flash, grrr.

There's a Harry Potter RPG that I've been playing on my iPhone that's sort to neat, it's called Hogwarts Mystery and it's free. I'm well aware of Rowling's TERF status, I actually read the essay and I'm not mad about it. Rowling has some trauma that I personally think she should process in counseling but it's none of my business. I'm queer myself and if she woman who gave up her billionaire status to charity makes a few bucks off of me that's fine. :)

shamy52

Not the Gay Maker
Nov 29, 2005
Oh also I play WoW on my laptop with the track pad thing so I suck harder than I should at it; Shadmere said I should avoid dungeons and raids, so sure, I can do that.

ZotQuix

1st Daimyo of Ohio
Nov 21, 2000
I'm trying an FMV game (it is like we're in the 90s all over again) called The Shape Shifting Detective. It is gimmicky but fun so far.

Speaking of gimmicky fun, I've been playing Snakeybus on the Xbox. It is entertaining and chill in that Katamari Damacy sort of way.

Oh also I play WoW on my laptop with the track pad thing so I suck harder than I should at it; Shadmere said I should avoid dungeons and raids, so sure, I can do that.

Could you just use the keyboard?

shamy52

Not the Gay Maker
Nov 29, 2005
I'm trying an FMV game (it is like we're in the 90s all over again) called The Shape Shifting Detective. It is gimmicky but fun so far.

Speaking of gimmicky fun, I've been playing Snakeybus on the Xbox. It is entertaining and chill in that Katamari Damacy sort of way.

Could you just use the keyboard?
Oh I use both at the same time. :)

Skinker

Ilsabet
May 24, 2001
The Infectious Madness of Doctor Dekker is made by the same team and is fantastic. Get that next.

ZotQuix

1st Daimyo of Ohio
Nov 21, 2000
The Infectious Madness of Doctor Dekker is made by the same team and is fantastic. Get that next.

I might just do that.

That said I haven't gotten very far in The Shapeshifting Detective. Instead of trying to solve the murder I just hang out in the hallway listening to the radio. Maybe I'm not cut out for this line of work?

PhoenixHawk

Field Marshal
Apr 19, 2001
Beyond Skyrim: Bruma is fun. The music is new, but it invokes the old Oblivion music. The area is great. There are even places just outside the boundaries that are showing on the compass markers that I can't get to! And I can see several things to interact with just out of reach! So maddening! Someone give them a few million dollars to build the rest of Cyrodil and get it done! ::Hint, hint, Microsoft/Bethesda::

ZotQuix

1st Daimyo of Ohio
Nov 21, 2000
I was going to wait for a sale but I then I knew this was going to be a long haul so I went ahead and pulled the trigger on The Longing. Good music, atmosphere, charming, perhaps a bit sad...I love this game. I'll keep you company little shade.

Here's a short (4 hour long) trailer:

ZotQuix

1st Daimyo of Ohio
Nov 21, 2000
A friend of mine is really into Elite Dangerous so I am thinking of getting back into that. There are certainly a lot of updates that have been made since I last played. I am still setup for VR play too but I'm considering playing it normally at least some of the time to make it easier just to jump into after a long day.

ryodin

Treads the Jeweled Thrones of Earth Under His Feet
Nov 10, 2000
New York City
I platinum'd TLoU2 a few weeks back. The game was not bad -- but not as good as the first, to me. Was also way too fn'g LONG! Gameplay was great, however, and I generally did have a lot of fun with the combat. The story is where it really falls short. But even with that you just have to shrug your shoulders and go: "Okay. I *guess* that was one way the story could go. Wouldn't have been my choice, but hey."

I thought I would get into Miles Morales just before Christmas, but when the time came I just felt like vegging out to some streaming shows (The Queen's Gambit is AWESOME, btw!) and never started it up. I'll see about getting around to that on NYE, though.

If I had a next gen console, I would be playing Cyberpunk right now. But since I'm not getting one until possibly November of next year, I'll hold off a bit on this game. I'd rather play it on the best platform, and also when a good chunk of the initial bugs are already worked out. ;)

ZotQuix

1st Daimyo of Ohio
Nov 21, 2000
So I've been playing Gears of War 5 on Saturday night with this group of guys I know. Not my usual sort of thing but it is fun I suppose. I wish I could talk them into trying an MMO or something though.