Crabsoccer

Super Star
Mar 15, 2003
I watched Get the Gringo with Mel Gibson last night on blu-ray. I can't remember for sure but I think I picked it up for 3 bucks from Big Lots back in 2019. The movie kind of went back and forth between being somewhat good, to sort of dumb. Sort of stuck in between trying to be gritty, but also trying to be a hard to suspend your disbelief action flick. Also the cinematography looked kind of too TV-ish, which makes sense because it was filmed during those first few years where digital cameras were really taking over in Hollywood (2012).

LanceArmstrong

Livewrong
Jun 19, 2023
👺
I'll put this here in case anybody was waiting for this kind of release. Blu-ray (not 4K) steelbook pre-order is up on Amazon. $36 with a September 10 release date.

71CTbD0+xeL._AC_UF1000,1000_QL80_FMwebp_.jpg

The Blu Ray steelbook prelude to a 4k steelbook a half year later, perhaps?

Maybe we'll get some kind of physical release for Killers of the Flower Moon before each of us dies.

HeronAddict

boomer elder millennial
Mar 19, 2009
my Walmart didn’t have any heron 😤

I was honestly surprised to see it front and center in the new releases section. Shining in all of its glory. I went to try and find Twister in the steelbook section but found this instead. I wasn't even mad. I'm sorry you didn't have any luck. There were only 2 copies at my wallyworld

LanceArmstrong

Livewrong
Jun 19, 2023
👺
What is second sight's shipping rate? Preorder is up on Orbit and they do free shipping on 3 items and no tax charge

Shipping is almost half the cost of the DVD, at least to my zip code:

k338byZ.png

If you weren't aware, Second Sight ships from the UK, so technically an import.

I did some digging on this, and Second Sight has a much better reputation in terms of shipment quality and customer service than Orbit. I've ordered directly from Second Sight in the past and have had no issues, and just did so again in light of this information:

r2UIGyC.png

my Walmart didn’t have any heron 😤

Same. Fucking useless pile of concrete and linoleum. I shall raze it to the ground for this indignity.

Crabsoccer

Super Star
Mar 15, 2003
View attachment 1205693
View attachment 1205694

b&n pickups. watched peeping tom last night. good shit, disc looked good. watching le samurai and good lordy each fucking frame of this movie is gorgeous

I got the Pat Garrett one last week. Watched the newest cut on the 4K disc and it looked awesome. I also got the Peeping Tom 4K but I haven't watched it yet. I also snagged the 4K UHDs of Wings of Desire and To Die For.

mv01

anime icon
May 15, 2001
Watched civil war last night. One of the best 4k discs I’ve seen imo. the sound, good gravy.

Also watched turbulence. Kinda love that movie, disc looks great! Kino 😍😍

And also watched the anniversary cut or whatever it’s called of pat garret fucking loved it looked great.

great day of movies yesterday.

Longlegs tonight

Crabsoccer

Super Star
Mar 15, 2003
1000% pretty much any action/thriller from 94-98 imo

I sucks ass that Disney has all the Touchstone/Hollywood Pictures and Fox stuff that they will never release (or even on digital) because there would be so much great action stuff they could put out from that time period.