Status
Not open for further replies.

darthwarmonger4444

Almost Not a Noob
Nov 12, 2008
The problem with these types of games is that the development cycle is to short. Movie based games need to be discounted games, or DLC games designed as such. Make a short good game. These games need to work within their constraints if they are ever going to be good. Scott Pilgrim is a movie based game that got it right.

LukeyHew

Noob
Jan 19, 2011
I don't understand why he likes this, it looks liek the worst tie in ever. The graphics are bad even for tie in standards and the whole point of green lantern is that anything you can imagine you create, so unless it reads my mind the concept is already dead. The only tie in i have ever liked is the batman begins game for PS2.

Gozadera84

Noob
Nov 21, 2007
For those who who stated that they would like the Black Green Lantern, get over yourself. He is great and all, but I am tired of the inclusion of the "Black Character to diversify our roster" move (YOUNG JUSTICE: I am ALSO looking at you). Hal is the first and, dare I say, MOST IMPORTANT Green Lantern. I am tired of seeing Jon Stewart replacing Hal Jordan. Am I still waiting for a kick-ass hispanic superhero who is intelligent, dare I say actually worth a damn, and can speak english properly? Yes I am, and something tells me that I will continue to do so for some time. That is why I create my own when I can. I wished for this game to include a "Create your own Lantern" opportunity, but it looks like that will not be the case.

Dec 8, 2005
@Gozadera84
how would he be diversifying the roster if he's the star of the movie. that would make him the main character.

Ethelwulf

Noob
Nov 30, 2009
After writing that... you are a little more rich than I am. Since they didn't pay me to praise the game. Only when I see it i can know its not bad.

GJBM

Noob
Dec 23, 2008
One pretentious douche nugget among these comments... Let's see if you can find him.

TheStizzle

Noob
Mar 15, 2011
I feel like they always say the movie games wont suck this time but then it comes out....and what you know it sucks. Don't hold your breath on this one.

Jan 2, 2008
It has to be more than just an aesthetic. Captain america, Thor and this are essentially a game where you push buttons to do an attack move that is flashy. We need game mechanics that go beyond just beating up dudes in missions.

zlateh0

Noob
Mar 6, 2007
OK, IGN, why don't you just shut the f**k up already? We readers always see you hyping up a sh*t game to be awesome ("Wow this might actually be good!" "This one is an exception!"), only to find out on release day that these games are, in fact, crap. Why don't you just stop taking money from these crappy publishers and come out and say it: THIS. GAME. SUCKS.

NesterOne

Noob
Mar 31, 2011
I really hope it's fun. Green Lantern is an old fav of mine, which is rare for a DC character in my Marvel-centric mind. The flying levels sound foolish though. I guess I'll wait for the review

Jul 30, 2010
The only bad thing is - IGN always says this kinda stuff and then on the review they tell us the game suck's. :/ If your gonna give hope for a game and then tell us later it sucks, why bother wasting time writing these articles?

WINZEN_TWEEN

Almost Not a Noob
Nov 11, 2005
i lov that after decades of film licence failures even the reviewers open a review with it might not suck...one day in the distant future i will read the words...film licence game does not suck...at all!!! PROMISE! lol

GotChewZ

Noob
Sep 21, 2008
I am not a fan of Double Helix. Silent Hill Homecoming sucked and if I remember right, Double Helix used to be the team, that made Enter the Matrix, a game which was ok, but at the same time a complete mess.

Those guys just don't have the right recipe to make the next Batman Arkham Asylum.

Nov 30, 2010
Excellent headline. I felt like I was reading The Onion, but it's so called for. I hope we have another Spiderman 2 on our hands ... as in quality ... wait ... was that realllllly a movie tie-in? I guess kind of.

I_LIKE_TURTLES

Almost Not a Noob
Sep 26, 2007
I really don't like it when they base these games off the movie, especially when it has nothing to do with the movie's story. It works best to base it off the source material. :/

Jozeph14

Noob
Feb 25, 2011
WOW! It's like they ll never learn.... Last video game based on a movie that didn't suck: ....golden eye.. maybe

Dec 18, 2010
Fort Lauderdale, FL
Gozadera84 said:
For those who who stated that they would like the Black Green Lantern, get over yourself. He is great and all, but I am tired of the inclusion of the "Black Character to diversify our roster" move (YOUNG JUSTICE: I am ALSO looking at you). Hal is the first and, dare I say, MOST IMPORTANT Green Lantern. I am tired of seeing Jon Stewart replacing Hal Jordan. Am I still waiting for a kick-ass hispanic superhero who is intelligent, dare I say actually worth a damn, and can speak english properly? Yes I am, and something tells me that I will continue to do so for some time. That is why I create my own when I can. I wished for this game to include a "Create your own Lantern" opportunity, but it looks like that will not be the case.

You're the 1st person to even bring this up on this thread discussion it's sad that you feel this way. I mean what the hell is wrong with using Jon stewart anyway? Any one who knows anything about Hal Jordan knows he's one of the 1st human Lanterns, but they're both Green Lanterns so whether or not you think one is more important than the other is personal preference on your part. I mean seriously you say all that crap as if it is a crime for some us to actually want to see more Heroes of different races besides them almost always being mainly white all the damn time. You're the one who needs to get over themselves.

guambo-unlimited

Almost Not a Noob
Oct 3, 2005
lol at crappy dc character race wars...LOL.

I am brown but we all need to accept that whatever god you beleive in only creates white supermen...or blue if he's feeling lulzy.

Beezelbub occasionally manages to scrape the radioactive bucket and pull out a green skinned guy or and maybe some petrol got in the bucket from that time the idiot ran outta fuel and then you end up with FALCON, POWERMAN, LUKE CAGE, MISTY KNIGHT or Black Panther...and perhaps one of those *might* get a BET show but...oh...wait...HISPANIC??!?!!

BWAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAA!

ROFL AHAHAHSJKSAHJSAKJSAKSA...

Waht?

...I don't think you're paying attention...we don't do Hispanic....you might as well be asking for a jewish hero...sheesh, what are we multicultural now?

*huh...we're supposed to be? ...but mexicans don't have powers? We do have that Irish werewolf? No? She's white huh? Uh. Sorry man. I'm not doing it. I quit. F**K YOU! I will burn before I give immigrints powers. God! What has this country come to...*

*slams door*

*sets self on fire*

.....Black Panther (BET only) show cancelled.

Mar 24, 2010
Dont get too excited tho ppl. Greg also stated in a preview for the Iron Man 2 game that it had potential. And we know how that worked out.

Nov 18, 2010
It's a movie based game, what else can you expect? This game is meant for the kids who are getting into comic book characters for the DC Universe or comics in general. Then also to promote the movie. I'm just going to buy this game for the fact that you get to fight manhunters with constructs.

Oct 4, 2010
ive actally played the demo and i was surprised combat feels somewhat like spider man shatterd dimensions which i loved and the game looks well made so im going to give this a shot

Status
Not open for further replies.