frobot

Noob
Aug 27, 2006
Gran is a what say it with me people an IDIOT. skate is a skating sim not a tony hawk arcade game. the motions are real skating motions and are suppose to be hard. your and idiot

Jan 19, 2005
frobot said:
Gran is a what say it with me people an IDIOT. skate is a skating sim not a tony hawk arcade game. the motions are real skating motions and are suppose to be hard. your and idiot

Now that's painfully ironic

Nov 14, 2005
isnt it kinda funny how alot of ps3 games have framerate issues hmmm if its "more powerful than 360" why the heck does every game that comes out on both do better on 360 1 and 2 360 doesnt have as many framerate screwed up games

Mar 7, 2007
i posted on this board the first page before skate came out. I said i didnt have a 360 and skate should have been on wii. i still think it could be on wii, like the nunchuk and wiimote could be the fingers on a fingerboard. Well, i eventually got a 360 for christmas. i got skate the next day. it is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay better than thpg. I was just so furious!!! but now im not because i have forza2, skate, dead rising, ultimate alliance, cod4, and assasin's creed. I'm happy.

Sep 17, 2002
um... if a game is more graphic intensive, do you think it's *more* or *less* likely to have frame rate issues...?

Jan 19, 2005
Wildcat2008 said:
um... if a game is more graphic intensive, do you think it's *more* or *less* likely to have frame rate issues...?

He said it's stupid to say the ps3 is stronger becasue many games looks worse on it compared too the the 360 [face_rolling_eyes]

Which of course is wrong. Look at the two newest high level multiplatform games. DMC4 and Burnout. Both have a small edge leaning towrads the ps3

Camo601

Noob
Feb 9, 2008
Well WitchKing45, you must consider the fact that most multi-console games are developed for the 360 due to the fact that the PS3 has an internal HD and runs on completely different hardware. If companies were to produce solely for the PS3, the 360 and Wii would find themselves struggling to keep up. Remember, the 360 still uses DVD disk technology, while most games for the PS3 are fitted on Blu Ray disks. Normal DVD disk store around 8 gig of info, Blu Ray disks store WAY more than that. So if a company were to load a Blu Ray disk to capacity then the 360 and Wii would experience things such as: slow down, horrid load times, downgraded graphics, framerate issues. The PS3 is more powerful as a whole, but has yet to be pushed to it processing limits due to the above reasons.

DVC1985

Noob
Oct 21, 2006
There are a whole heap of exclusives in development for 2008, there was a list somewhere but I can't be bothered to find it. Metal Gear Solid 4 and Gran Turismo 5 are the obvious choices, though, and based on the Prologue of GT5 alone it is going to kick the ass off every other racing game(sim, whatever) ever made, both graphically and playability wise(16 player online races ... shockingly good).

Jan 19, 2005
There are plenty of good titles for all three systems. The 360 had a great year, next year the ps3 will have a great year. Overall they're both great systems

legacyAccount

Old Account
Nov 10, 2011
Yeah, Gran Turismo 5 will be the king of the hill for racing sims for the foreseeable future, and MGS4 will be killer. Unfortunately, that's not enough to make me want a PS3 right now. I probably won't buy one until after this next holiday season, and that's because I'll be wanting a Blu Ray player by that time.

May 1, 2008
alright. i've had enough. i land a 360 flip like once in a blue moon. i've followed the trickbook, is there any EASY way to landing this trick? its the only thing i haven't figured out in skate.

legacyAccount

Old Account
Nov 10, 2011
http://www.play-asia.com/SOap-23-83-bw2y-71-dh-77-6-49-en-15-skate-84-j-70-23ct.html

http://www.play-asia.com/SOap-23-83-bw2y-71-bp-77-1-49-en-15-skate-84-j-70-28va.html

oerjan78

Noob
Oct 16, 2001
if i ollie up on a sidewalk on don't wanna be grinding all of a sudden. proving ground with nail the trick/grab/manual is much more fun. and as when i skate in real life i ollie up on the sidewalk or grind it, i decide, not the game.

overhyped game, hope skate 2 will be good or that there will be a new tony hawk game soon.

Aug 16, 2004
oerjan78 said:
if i ollie up on a sidewalk on don't wanna be grinding all of a sudden. proving ground with nail the trick/grab/manual is much more fun. and as when i skate in real life i ollie up on the sidewalk or grind it, i decide, not the game.

overhyped game, hope skate 2 will be good or that there will be a new tony hawk game soon.
Then get more speed, crouch a little longer and aim your skater better. I never have a problem.

JukesSB

Noob
May 22, 2009
i recently went back to play this for a bit even after playing it to death and owning skate 2, and i still found new things to skate. that just shows you how sick this game is.

Jan 3, 2002
way better then tony hawk, guy don't like the game cause he sometimes grinds curbs? I guess he can do 2,000,000 point tricks from tony in real life too, lol. Way more realistic way more fun just way better in every way! I could never go back to tony after playing this.