Bot-IGN

<marquee> Crush... Kill... Post Articles... </marq
Mar 28, 2001
Article Comments for [link=http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/818/818832p1.html]skate Review[/link]
by Hilary Goldstein

Summary:
I've been hooked on skating games since first playing 720° at the local 7-11. I've played them all since that point. I remember, very clearly, when Tony Hawk's Pro Skater first arrived. To that point, just about everyone thought they new what an action sports game was supposed to look and play like. Hawk woke us up, showed us that there were greater possibilities. The same thing happened with Fight Night. Until it arrived, we'd thought boxing games were button mashers and that's the only way it could be done. It's not often that games come along that can change our perception of how things should be done for a genre. EA's skate joins that pantheon of games that redefine a genre. No, it's not perfect -- but then neither was the first Tony Hawk or Fight Night. After spending more than 20 hours with skate, it's hard to imagine going back to the old way of playing an action sports game. [link=http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/818/818832p1.html]Read Full Article[/link]

Zarile

Noob
Oct 5, 2005
Haha...I love how when he comments "Your only looking to do one or two tricks in a line" the video shows him kickflip, 50-50, shuv-it, 50-50, shuv-it out.

Zarile

Noob
Oct 5, 2005
It's a great review, and to be honest, I really did expect this, a 9 is right on the dot actually....I'm glad it got the review it did.

samiamscogin

Almost Not a Noob
Sep 10, 2006
this game is too hard for me, the demo anyway, if i ever buy another skateboarding game it will be a tony hawk one

Jacapo

Noob
Dec 5, 2006
are you high kid? Skate will get game of the year when hell freezes over. GOTY will be one of the following: bioshock, halo 3, cod 4 and mass effect.

Zodas79

Noob
Sep 7, 2003
9.0 is waaay low IMO.

This game is better than ANY Tony Hawk and revolutionizes video game skating in nearly every possible way. Neversoft did not do that in their near decade long monopoly on the sport!

If I play a DEMO of a game for over 100 hours...its better than just a 9.0

legacyAccount

Old Account
Nov 10, 2011
Jacapo, you are an idiot. First off, only one of those three you listed (Bioshock) has been reviewed. Second, skate has just as much potential as any.

Jul 3, 2006
*WRITES LETTER TO EA*

PLEASE LEARN TO F*CKING PROGRAMME FOR THE F*CKING PS3 PROPERLY PLEASE OR DO NOT PROGRAMME FOR IT AT ALL K THNX.
ID ALSO LIKE TO RECOMMEND A MONKEY AT THE ZOO I SAW THIS SUMMER FOR YOUR COMPANY TO REPLACE SOME OF YOUR WORKERS, MAYBE HE CAN ACTUALLY LEARN TO PROGRAMME BETTER?

K PLZ THNX IN ADVANCE
GRIZZLEBOY.
(no silly comments on caps please i did it for a reason)

legacyAccount

Old Account
Nov 10, 2011
on my top-priority list, this comes right after halo 3. damn the demo was so awesome i played it 10 times.

i was a bit worried about skate after lair's fall, but i trusted the critics to think like me. hell yes, 9.0 and editor's choice! not overly high score nor overly low score! if i can get my hands on this game hell yeah im getting it!

dukufett

Noob
Mar 12, 2005
You people should stop complaining, a 9 is fantastic and especially for a sports game. its very rare a sports game scores this high and ign took some points off because of some slight technical issues and some online issues. SKATE is going to be a blast and i cant wait!

Jul 30, 2007
The Wii sucks as a gaming platform. The Wii is just a last gen system with a next gen controller. The Wii would be dead in the water without the controller. Only the 360 and PS3 are able to fully present a true next gen gaming experience.

Jul 3, 2006
lol @ people going out of their way to make comments on my caps just because i said not to lol....the human mind lol. But no i did no do it because im stupid im just wondering wtf ea thinks theyre doing? If youre going to make a sloppy game, dont bother is what im saying. If they cant produce a product that performs well why bother? Just to piss people off? For the money? Both? It's just annoying.

legacyAccount

Old Account
Nov 10, 2011
if your wiimote was your skateboard, then it would really suck because you can't twist your wiimote around in order to complete some of the more difficult tricks. plus wii's graphics aren't up to the challenge especially when you want to check out your tricks in slo-mo.

you really don't need motion-sensing controls for skating. two thumbsticks and two triggers are all you need.

getcrunk48

Noob
Dec 13, 2006
Anyone know any games i can play to pass the time waiting for this game to come out. Its going to be the longest 5 days ever and I mean that.

dcd11

Nov 30, 2000
the wii's controls for this game would be horrible. skate is a very powerful game made for powerfull systems.

jeta1rock

Noob
Apr 13, 2007
9.0!! GAME OVER! TONY HAWK GOT OWN3D! :D This could be the new VGA winner for best alternative sport!

legacyAccount

Old Account
Nov 10, 2011
this is sad news, now that the game is coming out two days later. and yeah, this game miiiiiiiiight work for wii if it was like those finger boards we all played with in high school. That was fun,, but not 20 hours fun..(e.g. this would suck on wii and be gimmicky like most of its other games)

crosby56

Almost Not a Noob
Jul 20, 2006
Trenton, Ontario
Anyone know any games i can play to pass the time waiting for this game to come out. Its going to be the longest 5 days ever and I mean that.
___________________________________________________________________________________________
play the demo

gman09kid

Noob
Nov 6, 2006
what super smash? yeah right...i downloaded this demo and have literally played it for the full half hour 9 times in the last four days...i can't put it down...this will be (is) revolutionary and wii doesn't stand a chance

crosby56

Almost Not a Noob
Jul 20, 2006
Trenton, Ontario
i think the new tony hawk will be better than the last one and wors than skate. i say it gets a 8.7
___________________________________________________________________________________________
angh what do you know your 12

crosby56

Almost Not a Noob
Jul 20, 2006
Trenton, Ontario
suck it ill steal ur 360 in ur sleep with all ur games. including skate.

FIR3arms

AKA: FIREarms
Aug 20, 2007
I predicted it!!! I knew this would be the game to revive the skateboarding genre so cluttered by the mess now known as tony hawk. This game is a breath of fresh are, and I hope they take time on the sequel and not rush it out the door every year. Cheers EA!!!

therealsuperman67

I love you, no, but seriously, I do
Jul 15, 2007
Metropolis
this game is so realistic that actually takes some practice to get good. No super high jumps, and no easy grinds like tony hawk. When I didn't magnetize to my first grind, I was like "wtf?" Then I was like "oh I actually have to land on the grind realistically, and my speed on the grind depends how fast I'm going and the surface I land on?" Now that's tight.

Plus, from the demos alone, I did like this game that much better than Stranglehold.