IRMacGuyver

IR not supposed to be here
Jan 13, 2001
I hear that. Personally I'm still distraught over silent hillS

It was one of three games that were on my reasons to buy a ps4 list. Now mgs5 is the only one left and that isn't enough reason

Last edited:

Auron99

E-Hero
Jan 20, 2002
Locus of Control
I'll probably get a PS4 in the next two or three weeks. I've still got a few games I want to play on the PS3, but everything I want is coming out for the current gen. Looking forward to Guitar Hero Live for the soundtrack, and the new Need for Speed has my interest as well...

Auron99

E-Hero
Jan 20, 2002
Locus of Control
I'd say I probably filled up 300MB at most during my PS3's lifespan. Even with downloading games more frequently on the PS3 I still had plenty of room.

Also, it was kinda funny thinking back the other day about how part of what interested me about the original Xbox was that it had a built in hard drive and you'd never need to buy a memory card (compared to the PS2 or the GC). Considering how many sports games and RPGs I played back then (and how much memory both those games tend to eat up) it seemed a lot more practical than having to buy a new memory card or having to delete stuff to make room.

mikezilla2

i pawned road !
Apr 3, 2005
I'd say I probably filled up 300MB at most during my PS3's lifespan. Even with downloading games more frequently on the PS3 I still had plenty of room.

Also, it was kinda funny thinking back the other day about how part of what interested me about the original Xbox was that it had a built in hard drive and you'd never need to buy a memory card (compared to the PS2 or the GC). Considering how many sports games and RPGs I played back then (and how much memory both those games tend to eat up) it seemed a lot more practical than having to buy a new memory card or having to delete stuff to make room.

what your saying is you never had many games or you deleted a ton , quite a few game installs were over a gig some 5 , 10 , 15 eg

and with the PS4 all games have to do a full install - GTA 50+ gigs , wolfenstien well over 40 gigs , i have like under 10 games that take up 500 gigs good thing i dont need to worry about space !

Last edited:

Auron99

E-Hero
Jan 20, 2002
Locus of Control
what your saying is you never had many games or you deleted a ton , quite a few game installs were over a gig some 5 , 10 , 15 eg

and with the PS4 all games have to do a full install - GTA 50+ gigs , wolfenstien well over 40 gigs , i have like under 10 games that take up 500 gigs good thing i dont need to worry about space !

I have about 25 PS3 games, 2 PS2 games and about a dozen PS1 games. I will say that I do tend to delete downloaded games after I've accomplished all I wanted to which might have something to do with it. Also, the only GTA game I downloaded was 3 for the PS2, and probably the biggest games I have would be the ones from the Mass Effect Trilogy.

To be fair, I only had a PS3 for a little over two years so I didn't have nearly as much time to download stuff as someone who bought it at launch (or even a few years after that).

Last edited:

Auron99

E-Hero
Jan 20, 2002
Locus of Control
I feel like I should know who was using Eva but I don't. If the pic was from 2004-2005 then Fate didn't start using female icons regularly until a year later.

Sep 29, 2003
Green Hill Zone
I did some searching, to see if I could find the original posting, but it looks like it is gone. Unfortunately, I didn't know anyone on the board, just that jodiodi asked me to doodle her icon. So I went through really quick to see who was posting at the time and went from there.

These are the names that seem the most familiar to me from that time

2001:
Sarpedon
2002:
Gooble74
2003:
jodiodi
Bansheex3
2004:
Ruhab
georgiadawg1014
TEKKEN_MAD
Aapee
SHfanatic
mrHcore

Last edited:

georgiadawg1014

No Longer a Noob
Oct 12, 2004
I did some searching, to see if I could find the original posting, but it looks like it is gone. Unfortunately, I didn't know anyone on the board, just that jodiodi asked me to doodle her icon. So I went through really quick to see who was posting at the time and went from there.

These are the names that seem the most familiar to me from that time

2001:
Sarpedon
2002:
Gooble74
2003:
jodiodi
Bansheex3
2004:
Ruhab
georgiadawg1014
TEKKEN_MAD
Aapee
SHfanatic
mrHcore

Mentioned... you get a like kind, sir.

Yeah, I just looked through my WUL list -- which is still around for some reason. A lot of people on that list that I can remember conversing with a lot. Sadly, I couldn't tell you a damn thing about them save for a detail or two.

Auron99

E-Hero
Jan 20, 2002
Locus of Control
Ruhab and Gooble I spoke with a bit, but not as much as I wanted to. I didn't start posting here until 2008 though. I do remember SHfanatic (even adopted him for three months) and georgiadawg I've known for the entire time I've posted here.

Auron99

E-Hero
Jan 20, 2002
Locus of Control
SHfanatic switched to wolves_of_the_calla I think.

Yeah, I'm glad I finally got the chance to play through TWAU a few weeks ago. I missed the Telltale games during the first go around but I picked it up on flash sale and thought it was amazing. I've only played Tales of the Borderlands and TWAU, but both games evoked a lot more emotion out of me than maybe any other game I played.

IRMacGuyver

Jan 13, 2001
The Walking Dead is excellent as well. Game of Thrones too...
Wiener, wiener wiener, wiener wiener
One wiener, next to another wiener
Two wieners alongside yet another wiener
Party, wiener party, wiener party, party party, wiener party, wiener wiener
Soft wieners, nice and soft, non-erect wieners!
Keep them flopping, flopping wieners, floppy floppy, dangle wieners, dangle dangle
Five wieners in my face

surprise1

A guy.
May 23, 2003
The Walking Dead is excellent as well. Game of Thrones too...
One wiener, next to another wiener
Two wieners alongside yet another wiener
Party, wiener party, wiener party, party party, wiener party, wiener wiener
Soft wieners, nice and soft, non-erect wieners!
Keep them flopping, flopping wieners, floppy floppy, dangle wieners, dangle dangle
Five wieners in my face
This is also excellent.

BuffOrpington

The Goat Whisperer
Nov 19, 2004
Not much, Maggot. Just stopping by for my monthly perusing of new threads on the board.

Yep, that's about what I'm reduced to haha. Actually visited the silent hill heaven forum the other day. Managed to remember my password and looked back through some posts. I joined this forum and that one when I was about 14-15 so now being 26 and looking back on those posts, it's a very... humbling experience to say the least haha.

Oddly enough, even when I was super into xbox fps like halo and cod a few years ago I didn't come back here for that. Since then I found myself in a position where I was going to school part time, working full time, and taking care of a sick parent and younger sibling in my spare time. I didn't have time for video games and now that I do I never really want to sit down and devote time to them. The occasional one gets me like fall out new vegas and skyrim. Actually kinda of want to play fallout 4 but haven't bought it yet, might not.

I guess ign has become a bit lost on me. I'm only on a few other forums now for different interests. One for urban exploration, and a few for art/photography. I enjoy the nostalgia of being here though.

georgiadawg1014

No Longer a Noob
Oct 12, 2004
Crocodile Dundee would be proud.

Yep, that's about what I'm reduced to haha. Actually visited the silent hill heaven forum the other day. Managed to remember my password and looked back through some posts. I joined this forum and that one when I was about 14-15 so now being 26 and looking back on those posts, it's a very... humbling experience to say the least haha.

Oddly enough, even when I was super into xbox fps like halo and cod a few years ago I didn't come back here for that. Since then I found myself in a position where I was going to school part time, working full time, and taking care of a sick parent and younger sibling in my spare time. I didn't have time for video games and now that I do I never really want to sit down and devote time to them. The occasional one gets me like fall out new vegas and skyrim. Actually kinda of want to play fallout 4 but haven't bought it yet, might not.

I guess ign has become a bit lost on me. I'm only on a few other forums now for different interests. One for urban exploration, and a few for art/photography. I enjoy the nostalgia of being here though.

It's not bad. I was taken over by it just being a new Fallout game, but while it improves on somethings it's still stuck in some of the old. And not the good old. But's it's enjoyable. The hoarder nature in me appreciates all the junk collecting to build my own establishments.

MacLur1

No Longer a Noob
May 27, 2004
Just west of Greentop Nursery is the Old Gullet Sinkhole

2016-01-20_00003.jpg

There you will find a friendly deathclaw. It wont attack so no need to kill it.

2016-01-20_00001.jpg

There is a sceret passage there in the corner of the pond you can fall down into to a cavern.

2016-01-20_00002.jpg

Upstairs there is some of the most gracious loot in the game. Also in the cavern there is a Wasteland Survival Guide.

Last edited:

MacLur1

No Longer a Noob
May 27, 2004
If you guys have a Twitch account and you do that sort of thing can you please add me please?

MacLur1

No Longer a Noob
May 27, 2004
Anybody one of you guys play Talos Principle? I believe its still only on PC but slated for consoles. Its one of the best games ever. This why I still really like games.

maxresdefault.jpg

Last edited:

MacLur1

No Longer a Noob
May 27, 2004
Anybody one of you guys play Talos Principle? I believe its still only on PC but slated for consoles. Its one of the best games ever. This why I still really like games.

View attachment 242720
Never even heard of it what's it about?
Double that.

Its a very deep puzzle game. Very intellectually satisfying. The more messages from Elohim(god/creator) and the more conversations you have with the man in the computer(satan/the adversary) the more intriguing it becomes. You play as an android and solve puzzles in order to get just one step closer to the top of the tower which you are warned by Elohim to never enter or "you shall surely die" but you know the entire point to the game is to get to the top of the tower. Its clear the creator has devised a sick joke for you. Worlds are set in places like ancient Greece, Egypt and mid-evil Europe and the game is gorgeous.

IRMacGuyver

Jan 13, 2001
Never even heard of it what's it about?
Double that.

Its a very deep puzzle game. Very intellectually satisfying. The more messages from Elohim(god/creator) and the more conversations you have with the man in the computer(satan/the adversary) the more intriguing it becomes. You play as an android and solve puzzles in order to get just one step closer to the top of the tower which you are warned by Elohim to never enter or "you shall surely die" but you know the entire point to the game is to get to the top of the tower. Its clear the creator has devised a sick joke for you. Worlds are set in places like ancient Greece, Egypt and mid-evil Europe and the game is gorgeous.
What kind of puzzles?