SimpsonsFan007

Calvin and Moddes
Oct 1, 2000
No big huge story, sorry. Just demodded due to inactivity. Nature of it being that the boards I frequented, which used to be WAY more busy and in need of moderating, slowing down.

I saw it coming; I haven't modded a single thing in months, easily. All good. Was a good run! If I want to come back later I should be able to.

SimpsonsFan007

Calvin and Moddes
Oct 1, 2000
Got that right. Makes a lot of sense actually. If I'm not regularly doing things around the boards, I might not catch if my account was compromised, for instance.

That said, in this case I log in to the boards roughly once a day (but really just to continue a PM conversation that has been going on for years), just haven't done any actual modding recently.

Ah well!

billybobjoe1881

No Longer a Noob
Mar 19, 2006
The Tragically Hips final show from this tour in Kingston is going to be televised live on CBC. Is anybody going to be watching?
Lol wuts that

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
The biggest band in Canada, that isn't known anywhere else. Their lead singer was diagnosed with Brain Cancer so they are doing one more tour this summer. Every show sold out within minutes, so the final show of the tour, in their hometown is going to be broadcast on CBC.

diamondtime

The shadows betray you, because they belong to me.
Nov 18, 2004
San Diego, CA
The Tragically Hips final show from this tour in Kingston is going to be televised live on CBC. Is anybody going to be watching?
Lol wuts that

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
The biggest band in Canada that isn't known anywhere else. Their lead singer was diagnosed with Brain Cancer so they are doing one more tour this summer. Every show sold out within minutes, so the final show of the tour, in their hometown is going to be broadcast on CBC.

20130419-geddy-x624-1366390677.jpg

billybobjoe1881

No Longer a Noob
Mar 19, 2006

billybobjoe1881

No Longer a Noob
Mar 19, 2006
The Hip have 8 albums that hit #1 on the Canadian Albums Chart, their top album in the US hit #12. Rush has 2 #1 Albums in Canada, Signals, and Clockwork Angels.

steelersfan70

No Longer a Noob
Dec 11, 2007
Your Face
Living in downtown Cleveland has its perks. Trying to fall asleep after the Cavs win their first chip is not one of them.

Car horns and people yelling non-stop pretty much from the time the game ended and still going hard now.

steelersfan70

No Longer a Noob
Dec 11, 2007
Your Face
Saw GNR last night and gotta say it was one of the most surreal concert experiences I've ever experienced. Honestly never thought I'd see Slash and Axl share a stage and man was I glad I did. For all the shit he got from AC/DC fans, Axl sounded amazing, truly the most surprising part of the entire concert. Not sure what band *coughpinkfloydcough* could top this one for me but if you ever liked them at some point, find the money to go see them, they are definitely still worth it.

Nintendo113

Super Star
Jul 23, 2005
Canada, Eh?
Saw GNR last night and gotta say it was one of the most surreal concert experiences I've ever experienced. Honestly never thought I'd see Slash and Axl share a stage and man was I glad I did. For all the shit he got from AC/DC fans, Axl sounded amazing, truly the most surprising part of the entire concert. Not sure what band *coughpinkfloydcough* could top this one for me but if you ever liked them at some point, find the money to go see them, they are definitely still worth it.
Glad to hear it, if they end up coming to my city, I think I'll go for it. I don't go to a lot of concerts, but I think GNR would be awesome.

darthgundam004

週末Not yet
Aug 1, 2005
Wanna get a trade going for gamesharing export codes, someone shoot me a PM if possible.

I'm going to have rock band 1 and 3's export code and i am looking for someone with rock band 2's

psycho-cyborg-ninja

Half as long, twice as bright.
Jan 26, 2005
Parts Unknown
Just saw Ghost for the umpteenth time. Seriously one of the best live bands going right now, love those guys (and gal).
I gave them a listen a while ago... but could not get into them. However, I mentioned them to my buddy and now he LOVES them.... They are slowly growing on me.

This song in particular:

It's like a classic rock song, mixed with an 80s songs, mixed some random rock song from the 00s, and it's about Satan. Craziness.

steelersfan70

No Longer a Noob
Dec 11, 2007
Your Face
They've gotten progressively more "poppy" since their first album, which is still my favorite, but I absolutely love Square Hammer due to its catchiness and sing along type of chorus, which turns into Satan worship out of nowhere. Their quirkiness is what makes me really like them because it's almost like they're doing it to be ironic one minute and the next, you're actually questioning whether they really do worship Satan or not.

Their first and second albums are straight odes to 70s metal though, especially the first. Definitely check them out when you get a chance, DT.