clutch9k

Eye Candy
Apr 12, 2005
As it should be. The game feels half way finished. I played the beta and decided not to even do the trial. I really wanted to like it but its really a let down.

H

highhitler

Original poster
Final fantasy I-X and XII were each beloved by me.(i'm not an mmo guy, i hardly have time for traditional gaming these days) 11 amazing games is a hell of a track record. but i swear they have released literally thousands of shovelware projects in the few years since the release of FFXII under the final fantasy banner, destroying the reputation of one of the greatest and oldest franchises in gaming with gusto. heres an idea, how about 1 ff game every 3-6 years, no more slapping the word "final fantasy" on every piece of crap game that can be thrown together in a few months. seriously, it may already be too late to save this once venerable franchise.

finalmattasy

Almost Not a Noob
Dec 4, 2008
It'd be nice to hear the original producer defend himself. I went to 14's site from here and it's amazing. It's a huge aching apology to gamers concerning the expectations that they have for Final Fantasy as a franchise.
The apology makes it feel like Square might really be feeling scared, embarrassed, and dishonoured. They've even replaced many of the top members on the 14 team.
"What were they thinking?" is what I want to know. Did the original producer not have the time, the team, the money? Or did he think that this type of gaming model would work? If so, I want to hear him defend his original vision for the game. Unfortunately he's not gonna quit or be fired. So he'll just keep his mouth shut and take the lumps the company wants him to take without letting us know exactly why the game he was in charge of sucked.

In light of this, I think it's imperative that good games be made by people who actually care about the world and the characters. In spite of budget or medium or technology, I think that audiences respond to heart, not format. Heart that gets to realize it's intention.

finalmattasy

Almost Not a Noob
Dec 4, 2008
tragicmoogle "support ATLUS!"

EXACTLY!! Demon's Souls might not feel like FF in the least. But I think those developers really felt what they made. That. Game. Works=Rules.

May 24, 2008
Well I rather wait for Square Enix to release FF14 when it has been repaired. To have it ready for Playstation 3 when the technical issue have been resolved. I like that last installment. So hopefully this will work well on PS3.

ShaggyJesse

Almost Not a Noob
Aug 6, 2005
When I hear delay for this game I say "good." That right there means FFXIV is a crappy game. Doesn't have to be, but right now yes.

ajz8922

Noob
Oct 27, 2009
If the PC version sucked then how can the PS3 version be better not that im trying to diss the ps3 or anything but we all know MMO's run better on PC they should just cancel this garbage game and move on.

balashark

Almost Not a Noob
Nov 17, 2007
I have the game and it's beyond bad and borderline unplayable, my finger has been on the delete button many times.

As a result, other than the purchase of the game we have not paid a dime, they know the issues and unlike alot of companies are manning up and fixing pretty much the entire game and not making us pay monthly yet. You have to at least respect that.

I look at it as if the game is in beta stage, wich in all reality it is. Lets see where we are in two or three months and take a look again, I haven't quite givin up yet but thats just me. Don't expect to see this on console until next Xmas if even then, the quotes in this article are verbatum the email all of us got from Square today, but they gave us alot more detail on what is happening.

Ludiadoc

Noob
Apr 24, 2007
If they remove the monthly cost, and it doesn't totally suck, I would probably buy it. With that monthly cost in there - not interested. I have a dozen other games right now and not enough time to play them - I couldn't justify a monthly cost for one game.

H

Howfish85

Original poster
Translation:

the game is garbage and they know it.

Arashi4761

Noob
Dec 6, 2003
I think they will find themselves in an untenable position with one ton gorilla WoW and the pending release of Knight of the Old Republic. Also with many good to very good free/micro transaction games is there any need for another pay to play franchise?

The_Huxtables

Prime Member
Mar 23, 2008
Well at least they are looking to not make the same mistake twice in releasing the game before it is ready. Keep up the hard work Square. I look forward to playing this game in the future.

ValidusMos

Noob
Mar 4, 2010
Every time I see comments about how the FF series was at its best with FFVII, I just laugh. FFVI was better than FFVII. I also favor FFX and FFXII over FFVII. Hell my personal favorite out of the series is FFXII and I've played every last one of the damn games. FFVII-FFX were the best? Right.

Anyway, on topic: FFXIV is an immense let down. Not sure how they're going to save it so far into develpement, but I have my hopes. The game is built on a decent foundation. And now that they have FFXI heads helming the project there might be chance to save FFXIV. I'll give it until PS3 release. But if it's not up to snuff by then, I'll be switching to Tera.

Aug 22, 2010
this game does sucks on pc... but when they said they wanna fix that pro issues before released it on ps3 im gonna see what happens next..

CoolFlow80

Noob
Jun 17, 2007
All these delays are forcing me not to believe in their games. I loved all FF games, but now I don't care. Square you SUCK!

CoolFlow80

Noob
Jun 17, 2007
Some company should come out with their own MMORPG for the PS3 and shutdown this stupid hype of Square's MMORPG once and for all. Square is forgetting that graphics arn't everything when it comes to MMORPG's. Look at World of Warcraft. It doesn't have super graphics, but it's the biggest MMORPG in the world. 15 million subscribed users. You would think that someone would want a piece of that pie.

snicker80

Noob
Nov 8, 2009
@coolflow80 there's also dc universe
@think-green_974 i didn't know free realms was or will be on the ps3 thanks for news

ceximantm

Noob
Aug 14, 2010
honestly, I don't mind how long Square-Enix takes to release the PS3 version of this game....but I would greatly appreciate SOME update. Me thinks it's never going to come out.

Feb 21, 2011
I'm beginning to share that feeling, but at this point and with everything I've heard about it, perhaps this isn't such a bad thing.