HuskerTornado

♪ Your delusions are yours, and not mine ♪
Oct 14, 2001
Parts Unknown
Feels like a sinking ship.
Something is still rotten there beyond the team. I'm not sure what it is, but it doesn't make sense for the program to be this bad for this long. Too much money, support, alleged recruiting success,, etc. They continually perform below expectations, and do it the same way no matter the personnel or coaching staff.

In addition, Frost and staff are doing something or many things wrong with their prep. Gameplanning and just getting their shit installed on a week to week basis is a real struggle.
You don't lose to a depleted Minnesota team if you are doing things right.
You don't get boat raced by Illinois if you are doing things right.
You don't lose your best offensive player 2 years in a row to transfer if you are doing things right.

It's likely Frost doesn't have the pulse of his team, especially not to the level he thinks he does.

Going into year 4 with 3 losing seasons behind you and one of the most difficult schedules in the country. That with an incompetent offense with no proven playmakers at the skill positions. [face_sick]

It's really hard to picture the thing getting turned around on his watch at this point.

A lot of self inventory, that should have happened last year and the year before, must take place this year. All we hear are constant excuses, those end now.

Last edited:

HuskerTornado

Oct 14, 2001
Parts Unknown
Your best player leaving for Kentucky can’t be a good sign.

On the surface, sure. It was an embarrassment considering how much they promoted him within the program and athletic department.

But, his dad and trainer have been trying to get him to Kentucky since HS. His initial commitment date was supposed to be a slam dunk to Nebraska, but he picked Kentucky to appease them. He ends up flipping on signing day to Nebraska and ever since there have been rumors of him transferring to Kentucky. Every time he went home for winter break or summer break he was allegedly not coming back.

His mom was recently hospitalized with covid, and also has MS, and that was the initial reasoning for leaving, but because of some other comments since and because he was entertaining other teams like Purdue, that seems like it wasn't necessarily the driving force.

Him telling ESPN that he didn't like how he was used in the offense was apparently news to Frost. His dad and trainer met with Frost last weekend and informed him of their grievances. Seems pretty poor to stretch this out so long, should have had that meeting.....before the season?

If he didn't like being used as a jack of all trades because that wouldn't help his draft stock, if that is actually coming from Wandale and not his dad & trainer, that should have been aired well before January 2021. It isn't as if getting touches at RB was a new wrinkle for him in 2020.

Not that I blame them, the offense has been putrid. But he's also not Rondale Moore. He has good lateral quickness and stop/start, but lacks that straight line speed to break plays open.

I'm over it at this point. They lost plenty of games with him, they can lose plenty of games without him as well. Perhaps not being worried about getting him enough touches will allow the offense to grow.

HuskerTornado

Oct 14, 2001
Parts Unknown
As expected, Luke McCaffrey has entered the portal. Not sure if he'll go play for his dad or what. Would have been nice if he wanted to change to receiver, could have replaced Wandale easily. But he wants to play QB, Frost wanted him there as well, so he saw himself sitting behind Martinez for 2 more years and wanted out.

Kurt Warner's kid, Kade, who dropped several TD passes last year is also in the portal.

As is Will Farnoik.

Meh.

FrostyTheCoachman

Almost Not a Noob
Apr 17, 2018
Mitch Sherman shared a hell of a stat on Twitter - since December 2019, 25 Nebraska players on scholarship have entered the transfer portal. A whole recruiting class gone over the past 14 months.

HuskerTornado

Oct 14, 2001
Parts Unknown
Mitch Sherman shared a hell of a stat on Twitter - since December 2019, 25 Nebraska players on scholarship have entered the transfer portal. A whole recruiting class gone over the past 14 months.

It's pretty ugly, especially if you re-rank those recruiting classes after the departures. It isn't unique to them, as you can see the transfer portal is overloaded as everyone is losing players (most players come out of it in a lesser spot than when they joined), but Nebraska is at the top of the list.

HuskerTornado

Oct 14, 2001
Parts Unknown
Nice to see Suh and David get super bowl rings. Davis, too, but he's a rookie. Suh and David have been stars in the league for over a decade and finally get rewarded.

Last edited:

FrostyTheCoachman

Almost Not a Noob
Apr 17, 2018
Another loss last night for Husker basketball and it wasn't particularly close. The lack of progress in both football and basketball since these coaches were hired is shocking. I wasn't expecting national titles, but this has been embarrassing. Both significantly worse than their predecessors so far.

HuskerTornado

Oct 14, 2001
Parts Unknown
They had a chance last night, Wisconsin was terrible for much of the game, but Nebraska just can't help themselves by turning it over time and time again.

HuskerTornado

Oct 14, 2001
Parts Unknown
What a choke... led Illinois by 6 late, then wasted 3 possessions, then tied with 16 seconds left they fuck around and don't even set up a shot.

Some real bullshit calls down the stretch both in regulation and OT. This Cockburn guy is allowed to do whatever the hell he pleases with no worry of being called. Same for Dosunmu.

0 for 5 in ot. Ffs

Last edited:

FrostyTheCoachman

Almost Not a Noob
Apr 17, 2018
Well, they ended the streak and they're playing a lot better but fatigue seemed to get the best of them at Maryland last night. Hard to imagine they do much better tonight against Maryland. That back to back is rough.

HuskerTornado

Oct 14, 2001
Parts Unknown
The schedule is what it is after the long layoff and wanting to play games, but it is like lambs to slaughter. They can't even practice between most of these games as per conference rules. I'm not sure why they were allowed a back to back.

HuskerTornado

Oct 14, 2001
Parts Unknown
He could have been a locker room problem, or it was just a one game anomaly where everyone played above themselves in response to a guy quitting on them. We'll find out Thursday vs Iowa.

HuskerTornado

Oct 14, 2001
Parts Unknown
Not unexpected, but still strange to see it in print.

Interesting to see where he goes. His shoulder surgery is supposed to be 4 to 6 month recovery time. Likely missing any spring ball. I guess he does have a redshirt available.. Guessing KSU or back out in California.

Last edited:

HuskerTornado

Oct 14, 2001
Parts Unknown
Rumor that Mickey Joseph got arrested.
Yep, 3rd degree DV and strangulation. What a loser. Feel for his family, they have 2 young kids... He had everyone fooled that he was a class individual. Thankfully he didn't get the HC job, this would be even more of a disaster.

Nebraska just seems to have a dark cloud over it. Good, positive things happening with Rhule hire and then this out of left field. I hate making this about the impact on Nebraska football right away, but it is glaring, he was a great recruiter and a key for the South as well as in-state should he have stayed on staff.

They were trying to keep him on staff, who knows what was going on in terms of the stress between him and his wife, but this makes the decision on him a no brainer. He was supposedly up for the Tulsa HC job as well, now charged with 2 felonies, likely a career ender.

Last edited:

HuskerTornado

Oct 14, 2001
Parts Unknown
Mickey had a zoom interview yesterday afternoon with Tulsa about their HC opening. Then was supposed to talk to new NU OC Marcus Satterfield as well. Said he needed to talk things over with family afterwards. But all hell broke loose at some point just an hour or or so after the Tulsa zoom. His wife deleted her twitter after posting about everyone needing to have patience while the process goes on about their next coaching stop. He was supposed to go to lunch with former player and current color analyst on the radio, Damon Benning, but Mickey hung up on him when he called to confirm.

Supposedly there were 2 other adults in the house at the time, staying in their basement, and someone else was called to come to the house to help the situation before it escalated. So not sure what happened or who all was involved.

Crazy, crazy shit.

Last edited:

HuskerTornado

Oct 14, 2001
Parts Unknown
So amid all of the stress going on with his coaching situation, he finds out his wife has been screwing around, no doubt that would make anyone go nuts, but you just can't resort to violence. He's ruined his career over a moment of violence, which solved nothing and has only caused more problems.

Seems like there is probably going to be a little more to this story, but one thing for sure, this fucking sucks from every angle.