UncleBen59

No Longer a Noob
Jan 26, 2014
Massachusetts

Pedroia, buddy, I think it's time. You've done everything you could to come back. You've been one of the best defensive players in this generation of Baseball. You got 3 World Series rings. You have an MVP.

Also fuck Machado.

D

Deleted member 4121907

Original poster
pretty happy with the braves signing Ozuna

just wish they'd push the chips in on Arenado too

GoBlue32

Super Star
Feb 21, 2004

ok, we're pretty much down to scrubs at this point. let's just start spring training now.

deadybears85

No Longer a Noob
Nov 12, 2013
New Hampshaaah
The Red Sox traded a player comprabale to Ted Williams or Babe Ruth. They are fucking morons and the ownership are the rebirthed souls of Hitler.

UncleBen59

No Longer a Noob
Jan 26, 2014
Massachusetts
The Red Sox traded a player comprabale to Ted Williams or Babe Ruth. They are fucking morons and the ownership are the rebirthed souls of Hitler.

Okay I wouldn't go that far, but they're still shit.

I feel like we're gonna get a player exodus in the next few years. JBJ, Benny, Devers, etc. Maybe X gets traded too because why the fuck not at this rate.

deadybears85

No Longer a Noob
Nov 12, 2013
New Hampshaaah
came to post the same thing

launch him and the entire astros organization into the sun
Fuck both of those involved parties. Yeah, the Astros cheated and fucked their fellow players over but don't you dare try to send them a message.

I hope somebody takes one for the team and throws at Altuve and Bregman the first chance they get.

GoBlue32

Super Star
Feb 21, 2004

i honestly don't even understand how the white sox lock up all these dudes to cheap contracts

UncleBen59

No Longer a Noob
Jan 26, 2014
Massachusetts
I saw yesterday that they're working with the MLBPA to allow players to become free agents after this year even if the season is cancelled. Could you imagine it being like Mookie never left and the Dodgers losing again? Lmao.

And the plot twist would be we get Mookie back.

Dump Price, get good players, essentially keep Mookie in a way. Stonks.

rocknrollsisyphus

We all go a little mod sometimes.
★ MOD
Feb 9, 2011
So uhh, I dont think we're going to have a season.
It certainly seems that way. And if that happens, it will 100% be on ownership. Their expectation that players will make concession after concession without sharing any of their financials is absolute fucking bullshit, and it represents everything that is wrong with labor negotiations.

UncleBen59

No Longer a Noob
Jan 26, 2014
Massachusetts
It certainly seems that way. And if that happens, it will 100% be on ownership. Their expectation that players will make concession after concession without sharing any of their financials is absolute fucking bullshit, and it represents everything that is wrong with labor negotiations.

The funny thing is i expected this from the NHL, yet they have been able to work together on this and everyone has come better for it.

MLB has just made everyone looks like asses, but yes the owners are the biggest fault in this.

D

Deleted member 4121907

Original poster

just keep sending the same offer with pretty much zero change

Sawyerson

I'll saw yer son.
Feb 25, 2007
Good stuff from Tony Clark.

“It’s now become apparent that these efforts have fallen upon dead ears,’’ Tony Clark, executive director of the MLBPA, said in a statement. “In recent days, owners have decried the supposed unprofitability of owning a baseball team and the Commissioner has repeatedly threatened to schedule a dramatically shortened season unless players agree to hundreds of millions in further concessions. Our response has been consistently that such concessions are unwarranted, would be fundamentally unfair to players, and our sport deserves the fullest 2020 season possible. These remain our positions today, particularly in light of new reports regarding MLB’s national television rights — information that we requested from the league weeks ago but were never provided.

“As a result, it unfortunately appears that further dialogue with the league would be futile. It’s time to get back to work. Tell us when and where.’’