Sep 29, 2003
Green Hill Zone
So I tried to play Ninja Gaiden Black on Hard yesterday...I couldn't make it past the first level. Holy cow, I used to be good at this game!

I was trying all the tricks I could remember, but I would just fall over dead, before I could even make it to the first save point!!

Good thing I didn't try Master Ninja again haha

wizardFu

No Longer a Noob
Mar 6, 2004
Wow, this thread is still here. I am amazed! How are all you guys doing that I haven't talked to in years? Yep, I am still alive and kicking. Actually went back and tried playing this on PSNow, and wow I suck now. I use to be so good at this game back when it first came out haha. Placed 13th in the Master Ninja Tournament they had on Xbox! Wish streaming would have been a big thing back then...

I actually go by Zayblade everywhere now. Haven't really used wizardFu in ages.

Last edited:
Sep 29, 2003
Green Hill Zone
Wow, this thread is still here. I am amazed! How are all you guys doing that I haven't talked to in years? Yep, I am still alive and kicking. Actually went back and tried playing this on PSNow, and wow I suck now. I use to be so good at this game back when it first came out haha. Placed 13th in the Master Ninja Tournament they had on Xbox! Wish streaming would have been a big thing back then...

I actually go by Zayblade everywhere now. Haven't really used wizardFu in ages.

So good to hear from you good buddy! It's crazy how difficult this game was, and how we used to play it so effortlessly. I found a renewed interest in Ninja Gaiden (Black) with a new community on XB. I hear you on the streaming thing! I did find some old VHS tapes I made, but I only recorded the cinematic sequences since I thought they were so amazing!

So Zayblade huh? I'll keep an eye out for you! Thanks for stopping in!

Vspectra06

No Longer a Noob
Jun 13, 2002

Shinobi bro, what's up!!! :D

Really glad MS made Black backward compatible. Never had a capture card so I can finally records clips and make gifs.

pDct0XT.gif

Also some good news is Ninja Gaiden 2 may also become backward compatible later today. :D

Sep 29, 2003
Green Hill Zone

Really glad MS made Black backward compatible. Never had a capture card so I can finally records clips and make gifs.

pDct0XT.gif

Also some good news is Ninja Gaiden 2 may also become backward compatible later today. :D

LATER TODAY??? Awesome!

That's a beautiful GIF! Good to see you, Vspectra!

Vspectra06

No Longer a Noob
Jun 13, 2002

LATER TODAY??? Awesome!

Yep, it's officially out now. :D Finished installing the disc a little bit earlier. Thanks bro! Glad to see you're still here. :D

NKNQyP6.gif

Last edited:
Sep 29, 2003
Green Hill Zone

LATER TODAY??? Awesome!

Yep, it's officially out now. :D Finished installing the disc a little bit earlier. Thanks bro! Glad to see you're still here. :D

NKNQyP6.gif

I was about to go to sleep, but I think i’ll get that download started!

Vspectra06

No Longer a Noob
Jun 13, 2002
LATER TODAY??? Awesome!

I was about to go to sleep, but I think i’ll get that download started!

Yeah buddy! Almost forgot how brutal this game was. The combat improvements, speed, the limb dismemberment and gore, obliteration techniques, it feels so good to play. After having beat DMC5 and going back to NG2 it makes me appreciate what Itagaki and the old Team Ninja accomplished so much more. Almost every chapter has a unique new location with great level design. It was tedious playing through DMC5 and seeing almost the same 2 uninspired environments and basically room to room corridor level design for the majority of that game. NG2 remains on the throne :)

0J4bnQO.gif

Sep 29, 2003
Green Hill Zone
iBSZ5nL.jpg

So I hooked up my Xbox 360 (original Xbox has died again) and started playing Ninja Gaiden (not Black on the X1) and it's been a blast from the past. The memories of playing Ninja Gaiden (starting with the demo) and talking with everyone here came rushing back. So glad to have been apart of all of that.

I'm going to unlock the Ninja Gaiden trilogy at Han's Bar then see where I go from there. I also popped in Dead or Alive 2 Ultimate and went through unlocking everything with Survival mode. It was great! I wish it was also backwards compatible on the Xbox One.

Hoping you're all doing well in this crazy year. Time has been going fast, but I kind of hope this year just finishes up. The screenshot is from Ninja Gaiden Black on the X1, but it was higher quality than what I could grab from my 360 lol

wizardFu

No Longer a Noob
Mar 6, 2004
ShinobiWan, Vspectra, holy cow, good to see you guys! I'm still alive! So yeah, I got the NG Master collection on PC and holy crap do I suck now! Back in the day we use to tear this game up but not now geez! I tried to play NG 3 Razor's Edge and yeah that didnt last long at all haha! Then again there are some mechanics I don't fully understand like the bone and steel thing.

So how are you guys? Still playing NG at all? I can't believe how much the site has changed since we were first here. Well I'll drop in again once I figure NG 3 out haha. Laters!

Sep 29, 2003
Green Hill Zone
ShinobiWan, Vspectra, holy cow, good to see you guys! I'm still alive! So yeah, I got the NG Master collection on PC and holy crap do I suck now! Back in the day we use to tear this game up but not now geez! I tried to play NG 3 Razor's Edge and yeah that didnt last long at all haha! Then again there are some mechanics I don't fully understand like the bone and steel thing.

So how are you guys? Still playing NG at all? I can't believe how much the site has changed since we were first here. Well I'll drop in again once I figure NG 3 out haha. Laters!

I can play on Normal mode pretty decently...but gone are the days of Master Ninja Tournament times haha

This was 5 years ago when NGB became backwards compatible. Always good to see you post, WizardFu! I've actually been playing the original Xbox again recently, I just got a Xedusa HD cable for it in the mail today! Mainly for Phantasy Star Online, but Ninja Gaiden will is definitely on the horizon!

Sep 29, 2003
Green Hill Zone
PHEW I just completed the collection in Dead or Alive 2 ultimate! I recently purchased another original Xbox (my first one is broken) so I started unlocking stuff in Survival mode

(sorry for the lack of music, I was also watching Family Feud clips on YouTube)