Impulset0

Almost Not a Noob
Mar 23, 2011
Holy crap this is a hard poll to answer. I think i'll abstain. Although Halo has consistently delivered near flawless campaign and multiplayer amazingness, Call of Duty is inconsistent...soooooo I guess I just answered myself. HALO IT IS!!!!!

DTG499

Noob
Nov 1, 2012
Halo's biggest failing is that they don't incentivize repeated play. Armor mods with no non-cosmetic benefit are stupid. Nearly identical loadouts offer an extraordinarily anemic array of playstyles.

CoD wins on MP longevity, hands down.
didn't they change the load-outs in halo4 so you can customize them?! and FYI who gives two sh**s about it being realistic or not it's all about game play and how much you enjoy it the only argument i herd from the CoD side is myopic bull s**t

Last edited:
Nov 2, 2012
Halo vs Call of Duty. Not a big deal, people would say, but it actually is. This fight started way back when the 2 games' originals came out. People started buying Halo AND Call of Duty almost the same amount. I totally recommend HALO. It need's around 5 shots to kill an enemy, while Call of Duty needs only about 2. The graphics are way better on Halo: Reach then on Call of Duty Black Ops. True, Halo is a little less realistic, but Call of Duty Black Ops gives you kill streaks. It's like free kills.Yepeee!! Como'n, grow up guys. In Halo you get medals, which actually shows you how good and awesome you are in this game. When you get medals you would probably say "Yes! I got a overkill! That was pure skill right there!". When you get a kill streak you say that the job is easier.
VOTE!!!
"Halo is a little less realistic?" thats not true. Realistic means something thats possible in real life. Halo is more realistic than COD cuz first of all in Halo 4 your a spartan sent into a virtual simulation(im talking about matchmaking) thats used for combat training(which explains the reason for spawning). Now COD is fake you cant kill your own team-mates, your killstreaks cant kill you or your team-mates, you magically regenerate your health and you come back to life (spawn).. and whenever you spawn your a completely different character.
I'm sorry CGS but this makes no sense to me. Halo is, in its entirety a Sci-fi universe set in the mid-26th century. One that is home to many species of aliens who are trying to silence the human way of life. Also, only in Halo 4 is matchmaking "virtual." In Halo 2 and 3 health regenerates, as it will in Halo 4. The only valid part of your argument that I see is the part about not being able to kill allies in COD. Also...how is Halo even REMOTELY realistic when using your definition?
Just so you know, in the Halo Fiction, Mark VI armor has biofoam injectors (the suit heals you)

Nov 2, 2012
Halo's biggest failing is that they don't incentivize repeated play. Armor mods with no non-cosmetic benefit are stupid. Nearly identical loadouts offer an extraordinarily anemic array of playstyles.

didn't they change the load-outs in halo4 so you can customize them?! and FYI who gives two sh**s about it being realistic or not it's all about game play and how much you enjoy it the only argument i herd from the CoD side is myopic bull s**t
If you need to censor the swear, don't use it

KCD1XD

Almost Not a Noob
Jan 15, 2006
"Halo is a little less realistic?" thats not true. Realistic means something thats possible in real life. Halo is more realistic than COD cuz first of all in Halo 4 your a spartan sent into a virtual simulation(im talking about matchmaking) thats used for combat training(which explains the reason for spawning). Now COD is fake you cant kill your own team-mates, your killstreaks cant kill you or your team-mates, you magically regenerate your health and you come back to life (spawn).. and whenever you spawn your a completely different character.
I'm sorry CGS but this makes no sense to me. Halo is, in its entirety a Sci-fi universe set in the mid-26th century. One that is home to many species of aliens who are trying to silence the human way of life. Also, only in Halo 4 is matchmaking "virtual." In Halo 2 and 3 health regenerates, as it will in Halo 4. The only valid part of your argument that I see is the part about not being able to kill allies in COD. Also...how is Halo even REMOTELY realistic when using your definition?
Just so you know, in the Halo Fiction, Mark VI armor has biofoam injectors (the suit heals you)
Because biofoam injectors are real...

Jun 3, 2012
By far Halo. I was so interested in Call of Duty until MW2 came out. That's when everything went berserk, kids were constantly playing, hackers/modders were in games, spawn kills, etc. I am so glad 343 is making all these new changes into Halo 4 because they clearly make the game better and people need to start realizing that instead of complaining or else the world of gaming will plummet.

Apr 1, 2012
I believe aliens with lizard-like, tortoise-like, or crocodile appearance can be just as fascinating as the animals in the zoo, and as the computer design for alien costumes and metallic armor become more fashion-like in design, I believe Halo 4 is definitely a winner after I had played Halo 3 for several months, especially the alien architecture - even though I haven't got my hands on the Halo 4 game, but after seeing the excellent artwork on Facebook, I just can't wait to get my hands on it. Also the alien vehicles like the scorpion-like or beetle-like vehicles like the Scarab.:*:. At the moment I got Call of Duty: MW3 and I find the journey through the destructive jungle cities to be like a fun park ride experience on my large 50 inch HD plasma TV, as I forget that I am holding a machine gun.:*:.
ummmm.... Halo 4 ain't out yet. It out in 2 days :D

Apr 1, 2012
The two games in accending order
10. Call of duty Morden Warfare 2 (Too many hackers!)
9.Halo Wars (It was okay)
8.Call of duty Morden Warfare 3 (Too good at it. Its sooo boring now)
7.Halo CE (So classic but very boring at times)
6.Call of duty WAW (Good zombies. Terrible Multiplayer)
5.Halo 2 (Same as CE)
4.Call of Duty Black Ops (Zombies were BAWS! Okay Multiplayer. Bad Graphics)
3.Halo Reach (Good graphics even though it came out before COD BO?)
2.Halo 3 (Best Campaign yet!)
1.Halo CE Newest one (So much fun now its got much better graphics!)

I believe Halo 4 is going to be the best Halo game yet! The campaign is set to have very big twists.

Apr 1, 2012

Lol. They not identical loadouts. Haven't you seen Halo 4? You can customize your loadouts on it

Last edited:
Dec 19, 2011
I won't lie dude. i'm so excited for Halo 4 i joined in on this conversation and IGN at 1:38 am. honestly. i am not biased. i have played all of the COD series, well save big red one and even then i played that. Also i have played every single Halo. And i read the books. In my honest opinion. ill try to put this in a small form. Call of duty lacks the sheer momentum to change. Halo 4 puts it to shame. I have honestly tried every single game type of fps matchmaking in every single game, and cannot say halo hasn't got it beat 10 fold. The fact you can't camp *well mostly* the fact you have cloaking. if i wanted to play a game for, Like another said, for the reason of just shooting things with regular guns. i also would have joined the military. I do play for reasons to have fun, but i'm also looking for that spark. That spark that one special new game gives you, and that tingle of goosebumps as you watch the trailer roll by and anticipate kicking butt. In my opinion, the only reason Halo may be losing the fight is due to marketing. I mean honestly i would say putting Robert Downy (sp) Jr in a video game ad is pretty badass. nonetheless. i can disagree with the facts that call of duty will always be on top like some people say. the reasons are here.

Call of duty: black ops 2 vs Halo 4

(already getting too long to read but if you wanna just read this that's fine)

Call of duty refuses to upgrade it's graphics engine
It pushes out a game every year or so instead of taking the time to push out a game that is quality, they do more quantity.
the fact the little increments in the systems and guns bring people back in beyond me
I just want to see a game like Halo 4 bust out and show them who's boss, because honestly. i'm sick and tired of seeing people gloat about how good they are when in actuality all they do is camp... seriously. gets old after about the fifth killstreak. You can look up my records on call of duty and halo they aren't that great. ill be honest. I play for fun not for the sheer fact of winning, and boy, do i enjoy the community on halo.. the kids there, albeit there are going to be kids in every game don't talk trash all day most of the time, they just play and try and have fun, and honestly. i enjoy playing with everyone on halo reach still. vs playing on call of duty and hearing 14 year olds trash talk about a game they're not even legal to play yet.

In retrospect. im seriously leaning toward halo only. i will buy both games more than likely. but i have never been more so a halo fan than now.

Dec 19, 2011
OH my gamertag if anyone wants to have a heated conversation about this. is ZealousX33. i welcome anyone to add me =) just as long as you're not a prophet.. or a promethian.. or somewhere inbetween.

Sep 25, 2012
halo 4 will be better.cant wait,1 more days.eager to play this game.may be i will use a Korea vpn to unlock game 12 hours earlier.I am missing you Halo 4.

Last edited:

CWolf20

No Longer a Noob
May 18, 2004
Realism is the #1 reason I love COD.
That is awesome. Does anyone else remember the pre-patch Halo 2 where you could use a rocket launcher to fly across the map with a sword? Looks like the same principle.

Aug 9, 2012
the next halo needs to follow wat black ops is doing by putting the people who are very good at the game only play people who are very good at the game and vice versa, but the way they have it can make people not like the game and not want to play the mp.

KCD1XD

Almost Not a Noob
Jan 15, 2006
the next halo needs to follow wat black ops is doing by putting the people who are very good at the game only play people who are very good at the game and vice versa, but the way they have it can make people not like the game and not want to play the mp.
Um...what?

PS3 for the win!

What the hell does a blu ray player have to do with videogames?
I agree, but for large games, it does make a difference (FFXIII for example). I really don't notice a quality difference other than that.

campmatt

No Longer a Noob
Aug 19, 2003
I agree, but for large games, it does make a difference (FFXIII for example). I really don't notice a quality difference other than that.
Is it the switching discs thing? Because if getting up once or twice over the course of 20+ hours is a problem then I just can't relate.

Zafx

Noob
Oct 4, 2010
I have to say im a fan of both. It's like fruit.
I like apples and I like oranges.
Both fruit but not any thing alike.

KCD1XD

Almost Not a Noob
Jan 15, 2006
Is it the switching discs thing? Because if getting up once or twice over the course of 20+ hours is a problem then I just can't relate.
Yep, it sure is. And yeah, I really don't see why it's that big of an issue.

Nov 11, 2012
I have got my hands on Halo 4 five days ago, and I have to commit that the graphics are better than Halo 3. I have also pre ordered BO2 but not putting high expectations in it.
Having been a great COD fan before makes me still buy CoD. My first XBox game I got was Halo 3, and I was truly amazed about the game play. Putting my vote all on Halo

Nov 11, 2012
Yep, it sure is. And yeah, I really don't see why it's that big of an issue.
I think that gameplay is the most important thing of a game, it is the core which motivates people to buy that game

KCD1XD

Almost Not a Noob
Jan 15, 2006
"the graphics are better than Halo 3"
Maybe just a bit...
I feel as if almost everything else about the game is better too. The graphics being the most obvious of all.

Impulset0

Almost Not a Noob
Mar 23, 2011
"the graphics are better than Halo 3"
Maybe just a bit...
I feel as if almost everything else about the game is better too. The graphics being the most obvious of all.

the graphics are much better. Environments look fantastic and it's less cartoony than ever but I stll feel like everything was....smoother in Reach. Can't really put my finger on it.

KCD1XD

Almost Not a Noob
Jan 15, 2006
An interesting tidbit in response to the smoother comment...my friend's Xbox isn't able to keep up with the MP framerate a lot of the time. It's REALLY funny. The game will suddenly drop to 10-15 fps when we're playing splitscreen online.
And they're probably gonna smooth some of the issues out with the update this week.

mikehenken

Noob
Nov 12, 2012
if i were to rank them..unbiased:

1) Halo (2001)
2) Call of Duty 2 (2005)
3) Halo: Reach (2010)
4) Halo 2 (2004)
5) Call of Duty (2003)
6) Call of Duty 4 (2007)
7) Halo 3 (2007)
8) Call of Duty 3 (2006)

You are silly. Halo 2 after Call of Duty 2? Reach before Halo 2? Reach before Halo 3? Call Of Duty before Call Of Duty 4!? Very, very silly.

Nov 13, 2012

Not a chance!

Even tho im not fond of Halo or CoD for alot of the same reasons Halo has way more replayability to it.

CoD hasnt Changed much in 4+ years since CoDMW1, guns have been the same, perks have hardly changed, killstreaks are getting more OP, and graphics havent taken much to little of a overhaul.

Halo has new guns in each one ( and i mean a drastic change in guns ) better graphics each time, killstreaks when introduced werent OP in fact they just granted you some weapons like a sniper or oversheild, more use a vehicles, the introduction of air combat with banshees, change in game pase, and much more.

While i feel both are LARGE rehashes from each game the makers of Halo atleast offer new things everytime to change it up alittle.

xAvoozlx

Noob
Nov 18, 2012
This will be coming from experience, not from reading reviews.

Campaign wise, I felt more "Oh $hit!" moments in COD than Halo, and the missions seemed a bit more mixed in Black Ops 1 and 2, gave the villains more backstory, I felt more engaged in it, and at least with Black Ops 2, you have moments that effect the ending, it didn't seem to build up steam and then go "Ha ha, cya next game suckers!" a la Halo 2. Modern Warfare 1 and 2 were fair decent too, but 3 left me going "You gotta be kidding...". As for the older CODs, they were based in WW2, and they spanned on multiple fronts, and you played various characters from various countries, and 1 and 2 had a nice tie in with one side of the Berlin attack, followed by the second game showing he other side. Black Ops did a nice thing bringing elements of WaW to it, so you feel more of a connection there.

Master Chief, as interesting as he could be, well, he feels underwhelming, we don't really see much of a backstory for him (ignoring the books here), and ODST/Reach felt a little like filler, not to say I didn't enjoy them, they didn't grow on me, and the final "driving like hell to avoid some form of painful death" level of Halo 3 didn't wow me like it did at the end of Halo 1. To me, Halo: Combat Evolved was the best of the series IMO.

Multiplayer wise, Halo is more accessible, everyone has an equal chance of victory as the next guy. When I played a few times on Live, I felt I had a chance, and I actually won a few matches. There's more variety to the matches, and the weapons were more balanced, and skill was a bonus, you earned your accomplishments. Vehicle combat is also encouraged, and forces players to find ways to get the upper hand (or at the least overcome a tank swarm going at them live), and it help faster and sharper. An argument or two can be made for COD though, is that some of the higher tier kill steaks aren't easy to get (like the Nuke and M.O.A.B.), and the new Score Streaks in the new game reward doing more than simply gunning people down, you can play again the computer (well, in Black Ops anyways), and the older ones (COD 1-3) were more balanced, though on the flipside, ranking up favours the hardcore, and camping is more evident (I felt the same playing Medal of Honor), guess it's made to be more "realistic" with loadouts, but one can only take so much, guess I better practice more. I found both COD and Halo fun to play Local though.

Zombies is more fun than Firefight, and the inclusion of storylines to it make it more so. Also, if one wanted to, they could tweak the Firefights in their favour though changing the settings, making it a joke.

Overall...
MP - Online: Halo
Local: Both
Campaign - COD

Finnigan91

Noob
Oct 7, 2005
CoD is objectively shit. Seriously, the games have been the exact same since Modern Warfare. They have hardly even changed the menus, only adding new options. All you do in CoD is run around like an idiot and try to kill people with guns that all do the same thing or slap them with your knife. Nothing has changed since Modern Warfare besides what the guns look like and a few extra features added here and there.

CWolf20

No Longer a Noob
May 18, 2004
There's a crazy thing that you can do. It's revolutionary and a little odd, but here it is:

You can like both the COD series and the Halo series at the same time. One is not "objectively shit" and the other is the best ever. Statements like that remove credibility from your opinions and make me want to beat you over the head with a 5 iron.

This "YOUR GAME IS SHIT LOLOL ITS THE SAME AS EVERY OTHER ONE IN THE SERIES" is such a gross oversimplification and can be used with any successful series of anything ever. As much as I disliked Halo 2/3/Reach, they weren't bad games. They were only bad for me because I expected too much from them.

Finnigan91

Noob
Oct 7, 2005
There's a crazy thing that you can do. It's revolutionary and a little odd, but here it is:

You can like both the COD series and the Halo series at the same time. One is not "objectively shit" and the other is the best ever. Statements like that remove credibility from your opinions and make me want to beat you over the head with a 5 iron.

This "YOUR GAME IS SHIT LOLOL ITS THE SAME AS EVERY OTHER ONE IN THE SERIES" is such a gross oversimplification and can be used with any successful series of anything ever. As much as I disliked Halo 2/3/Reach, they weren't bad games. They were only bad for me because I expected too much from them.

It's really not though. You are delusional if you think there has been significant progression or change in gameplay in the CoD series from the first Modern Warfare until now. It's like they're baking the same cake over and over again but changing the color of the icing and calling it "new".

zarof1351

Almost Not a Noob
Sep 16, 2009

It's really not though. You are delusional if you think there has been significant progression or change in gameplay in the CoD series from the first Modern Warfare until now. It's like they're baking the same cake over and over again but changing the color of the icing and calling it "new".

Why fix something that is not broken? Cwolf is right both franchises offer good games. The fact that they may not appeal to you doesnt mean there is something wrong with it. None of the CoD games play the same. Therefore they are different. If you think they aren't you are just kidding yourself. You dont reinvent the wheel every time your release a new car. You build on previous good results. Just because the game play has gotten old to you does not mean the games are the same.

Nov 19, 2012

Why fix something that is not broken? Cwolf is right both franchises offer good games. The fact that they may not appeal to you doesnt mean there is something wrong with it. None of the CoD games play the same. Therefore they are different. If you think they aren't you are just kidding yourself. You dont reinvent the wheel every time your release a new car. You build on previous good results. Just because the game play has gotten old to you does not mean the games are the same.

Nobody plays COD because everyone knows how bad it is.

Nov 19, 2012

The issue there is that then more experienced players just own you time after time with rediculous weapons. In Halo the gain (ranks and armor) make it more of a personal gain, while still keeping the battlefield even.

Does anyone even play COD anymore?