PoorPigg

Curly-tailed
May 26, 2012
West Coast, US
Mathematics Day is set on December 22 is because it is the birthday of the country’s most respected mathematician, Srinivasa Ramanujan.

Date Nut Bread Day, and good for polyphenols,, fiber, and potassium.
🎄 👼

PoorPigg

Curly-tailed
May 26, 2012
West Coast, US
Call a friend day. Make a phone call to one or more friends that you won't be seeing over the holidays.

National Chocolate Candy Day.
National Download Day.

PoorPigg

Curly-tailed
May 26, 2012
West Coast, US
Hangover Day, people take to social media to share their tips and tricks on how to get rid of that headache.

In 1921, Fernand Petiot is credited with first creating the drink at Harry’s New York Bar in Paris. Originally called Bucket of Blood, Petiot gave it the name “Bloody Mary” in the late 1930s.

PoorPigg

Curly-tailed
May 26, 2012
West Coast, US
January is Bath Safety Month- may all your bathing be safe bathing.

International Stop Spam Day.

World Introvert Day is best addressed by cancelling the party.

PoorPigg

Curly-tailed
May 26, 2012
West Coast, US
Humiliation Day - January 3 holiday is a time to recognize the negativity of humiliating or embarrassing someone or a group of people. Canadian Humiliation Day on July 1. This was created in 1923 by Chinese Canadian immigrants in Canada to draw attention to the Canadian government’s ban on the immigration of Chinese to the country.

No, you are not dreaming. But, perhaps you should be. Festival of Sleep Day is today, a January 3 holiday. It is an opportunity to sleep in, snooze, doze, nap, and catch 40 winks. Sleepover parties are encouraged today.

1704300781094.png

Fruitcake Toss Day. It is your opportunity to finally throw away the old fruitcake. After the holidays are over, it’s time to bring in the new, and toss out the old.

1704299966759.png

PoorPigg

Curly-tailed
May 26, 2012
West Coast, US
Dizzy Gillespie jazz trumpeter and bandleader, one of the founders of the bebop jazz style died on this day in 1993.

Epiphany is one of the Great Feasts of the Eastern liturgical year.

Toot,toot. National Bean Day;same day as the famous geneticist, Gregor Mendel, died in 1884. Mendel used bean plants and pea plants to develop theories on genetics in plants.

Apple Tree Day started as a celebration of an apple tree that was almost two centuries old. I

PoorPigg

Curly-tailed
May 26, 2012
West Coast, US
Peculiar People Day. Are you an “Odd Duck”? Many of us are. Un-ordinary, extraordinary, unusual, strange, odd, uncommon, intriguing, different, abnormal, and quirky. I often wonder who Pete is and why we do things for his sake.

Houseplant Appreciation Day. Start by making sure that the houseplants you already have, are well-watered. Give them a special treat today… a little fertilizer.

“Life would be tragic if it weren’t funny.” – – Stephen Hawking

10 January 1863. The world’s first underground passenger railway system opens in London, England.

PoorPigg

Curly-tailed
May 26, 2012
West Coast, US
January 15 holiday, exists to encourage you to wear and enjoy a hat of your choice and style. Isn’t it great that hats come in all shapes, sizes, colors, and styles?
“If you don’t get out of the box you’ve been raised in, you won’t understand how much bigger the world is.” – – Angelina Jolie

Some folks say the word “bagel” comes from the German word “Bougel”, dating back to the 16th century. But, it is believed that the recipe for bagels evolved from the ringed Polish bread “Obwarzanek”, which was invented in the late 14th century. In Krakow, Poland, they were given as gifts to women after childbirth. Welcome to Bagel Day.

MLKDay Born on January 15, 1929, Martin Luther King Jr. grew to become one of the greatest social activists the world has ever known. He promoted a non-violent civil rights movement. At 35, he became the youngest person to win the Nobel Peace prize. He was assassinated on April 4, 1968

PoorPigg

Curly-tailed
May 26, 2012
West Coast, US
Brew a Potion Day. January 19th is Brew a Potion Day. In mythology and literature, potions are associated with witchcraft and magical properties.

Popcorn Day. https://www.today.com/food/snacks/national-popcorn-day-deals-2024-rcna134383

Tin Can Day From being used as a solution for storing food during wars to first being patented in the UK in 1810, tin cans have a rich history. During the war-hit times in the Napolean era, the French Directory offered a 12,000 franc prize for a breakthrough in the preservation of food.
This opportunity was seized by Nicholas Appert, a Paris chef who dedicated his life to the groundbreaking invention of tin cans. Later on, in 1810, British merchant Peter Durand received the first patent for tin cans to preserve food. Three years later, Bryan Donkin and John Hall set up the first commercial canning factory in England. Hindustan Times.

PoorPigg

Curly-tailed
May 26, 2012
West Coast, US
International Day of Acceptance
1705766013570.png

National Coffee Break Day. In the late 1800s and early 1900s, it was noticed by a few different employers that having a break for coffee in the mid-morning and the mid-afternoon would encourage workers in factories to work harder.

National No Phones at Home Day offers the opportunity for family members to connect over substantial activities and projects that grow skills and perhaps even yield results.

PoorPigg

Curly-tailed
May 26, 2012
West Coast, US
Squirrel Appreciation Day

1705868422382.png

National Hugging Day, a January 21 holiday. What a great day it’s going to be! Today is an opportunity to give and to receive. Give a hug, and you automatically receive one in return. So go hug a squirrel.

1705868987915.png

PoorPigg

Curly-tailed
May 26, 2012
West Coast, US
Rhubarb Pie Day. Rhubarb originated in Western China, Tibet, Mongolia, and Siberia, and was likely introduced to Europe by Marco Polo. In the 1730s, John Bartram planted the first rhubarb seeds in the American colonies. Fittingly, another name for rhubarb has been "pie plant."

January is Brain Teasers Month. https://www.brainbashers.com/puzzles.asp

OneBigClam

Jes' fine
Jun 4, 2012
NH
In the past 24 hours...

My brother is in the hospital with stroke indications. He sounds fine, but will remain a few days for tests.

Our mail delivery resumed after a full week of no mail following my "visit" to the Post Office this morning. No idea what that was about. Got a week's worth of mail today.

My friend is about to be subpoenaed in NYC by Alvin Bragg regarding some dubious book collector deals years ago. Not sure if they will be a witness or a defendant.

I voted, writing in Joe Biden.

Grocery shopping this morning.

Ordered some stuff online.

Now it's time to feed the wild birds.

Last edited:

PoorPigg

Curly-tailed
May 26, 2012
West Coast, US
In the past 24 hours...

My brother is in the hospital with stroke indications. He sounds fine, but will remain a few days for tests.

Our mail delivery resumed after a full week of no mail following my "visit" to the Post Office this morning. No idea what that was about. Got a week's worth of mail today.

My friend is about to be subpoenaed in NYC by Alvin Bragg regarding some dubious book collector deals years ago. Not sure if they will be a witness or a defendant.

I voted, writing in Joe Biden.

Grocery shopping this morning.

Ordered some stuff online.

Now it's time to feed the wild birds.
Very sorry for your troubles.

PoorPigg

Curly-tailed
May 26, 2012
West Coast, US
January 24, 1935, Krueger's Finest Beer and Krueger's Cream Ale became the first beers to be sold in cans, and it is on this anniversary that we celebrate Beer Can Appreciation Day.

1706119792340.png

January since 2014, Library Shelfie Day was created by the New York Public Library

PoorPigg

Curly-tailed
May 26, 2012
West Coast, US
Peanut Brittle Day. Tony Beaver. Often referred to as a cousin of the largely famous Paul Bunyan, the story casts Beaver as the savior of a town when he prevented it from flooding by pouring peanuts and molasses into the river. And the result was peanut brittle!

Toad Hollow Day of Encouragement. The purpose of the day was said to be a day to make a “heartfelt connection” with other people in the local community and to share a kind word with those around you.

PoorPigg

Curly-tailed
May 26, 2012
West Coast, US
Data Privacy Day, clean it up. It is also a day for you to get proactive in pushing both businesses and the government, to do more to protect private personal data and records.

PoorPigg

Curly-tailed
May 26, 2012
West Coast, US
School of Non-violence and Peace Day. Every year, School Day of Non-violence and Peace is observed on January 30. This year, the special day will be observed on a Tuesday, the death anniversary of Mahatma Gandhi

Dinosaur Day was founded in 2007 when a student named Todd Page began doodling during a boring anthropology class.

1706642366919.png

PoorPigg

Curly-tailed
May 26, 2012
West Coast, US
American Heart Month Super Bowl Month and a Leap Day.

1706809282507.png

Spunky Old Broads Day.
This very special day was created by Dr. Gayle Carson in 2002. “I started it because I found that once a woman hit 50, she was almost invisible and as a woman who keeps reinventing herself and is very active in business, media, etc, I wanted to acknowledge that is not the truth. My newsletter goes out every Monday making a point about this.

PoorPigg

Curly-tailed
May 26, 2012
West Coast, US
Punxsutawney Phil, the renowned groundhog who's been predicting when winter will end since 1887, says things are about to warm up.

Bubble Gum Day. Ancient Greeks used the resin from mastic trees as chewing gum. However, bubble gum wasn’t invented until much later. In 1928, Walter Diemer was the first to perfect the right ingredients needed to make chewing gum that can make big bubbles.

I found $20 in the parking lot. I asked myself “What would Jesus do?” So, I turned it into wine.

PoorPigg

Curly-tailed
May 26, 2012
West Coast, US
Shower with a Friend Day.
For adults, that friend is likely a very special one. Just get the temperature set just right and hop right in. After an extended shower, you will come out cleaner than you’ve ever been.

PoorPigg

Curly-tailed
May 26, 2012
West Coast, US
Safer Internet Day aims at promoting a safer and more responsible use of online technology and digital devices, particularly among children and young people.

Zero Tolerance for Female Genital Mutilation Day. There is an urgent need for even more targeted, coordinated and sustained and concerted efforts if we are to achieve our common goal of ending female genital mutilation by 2030.

PoorPigg

Curly-tailed
May 26, 2012
West Coast, US
“Imagination is the highest kite you can fly.” – – Lauren Bacall

Kite Flying Day is held in the middle of winter.

1707414306966.png

Boy Scout Day celebrates the birthday of Scouting in America. On February 8, 1910, Chicago publisher William Dickson Boyce filed incorporation papers in the District of Columbia to create the Boy Scouts of America.

Recipe de Jour - Pigs and Taters

PoorPigg

Curly-tailed
May 26, 2012
West Coast, US
Mardi Gras It’s time to party it up, and ….eat!! Fat Tuesday is the day before Ash Wednesday; also called Fastnacht Day. Pennsylvania Dutch country, and other areas with large German populations, refer to it as Fastnacht Day.
Recipe of the Day Okra Seafood Gumbo

Shrove Tuesday- https://www.independent.co.uk/life-...pancake-day-shrove-tuesday-date-b2493613.html

Wingman Day exists to give recognition to that invaluable buddy, as true a friend as there will ever be, who plays a very important and diverse role in helping other guys to find and keep the woman of their dream.

PoorPigg

Curly-tailed
May 26, 2012
West Coast, US
Do a Grouch a Favor Day, make a grouch exceptionally miserable by helping him out. today. Do him or her a favor and make the world a better place.

PoorPigg

Curly-tailed
May 26, 2012
West Coast, US
Vet Girls RISE Day brings awareness to the contributions women have made to the United States military and recognizes the dedication of veteran women. It celebrates the bonds they've formed and experiences they've had in military service, and it provides an opportunity for them to support each other—to share resources, build relationships, and spread awareness about the needs of women veterans.
“Because I Served Without Question, I am Entitled to Answers to Questions Now”

International Tug-of-War Day celebrates tug of war, a game where two teams compete, trying to pull a rope so that a center marker comes to their team's side.

Presidents' Day. “Laws made by common consent, must not be trampled by individuals.” – – George Washington

PoorPigg

Curly-tailed
May 26, 2012
West Coast, US
Cherry Pie Day, Cherry pie is America’s second most popular pie.

Northern Hemisphere Hoodie-Hoo Day is today, a February 20 holiday. On this cold winter day, people go out at noon, wave their hands over their heads, and chant “Hoodie-Hoo”.

“A wise man can play the part of a clown, but a clown can not play the part of a wise man.” – – Malcolm X

Recipe du Jour Hot Potato Salad

PoorPigg

Curly-tailed
May 26, 2012
West Coast, US
Anniversary of Malcom X Assasination

Sticky Bun Day. Monkey Bread is a variation of sticky buns. Instead of rolling the buns into swirls and slicing them, the dough is made into small balls that are piled high and then baked into their caramel sauce and nuts

PoorPigg

Curly-tailed
May 26, 2012
West Coast, US
Be Humble Day, not a day to brag or boast. It’s not a time to talk about your success or accomplishments. It is absolutely taboo to be a braggart today. Rather, act modestly in everything you do and say.

International Thinking Day. Today is a day to ponder and contemplate.” Even a fool learns something once it hits him.” – – Homer

1708617795688.png