Buffy_1997

Black Canarylicious
★ MOD
Jul 3, 2009

Crazy888

Hentai Senpai
Dec 20, 2004
Dark Continent
At first glance it’s a lot of money but Looks like the average secondary market price. And you know you’re getting the legit thing.

If it’s something you really want and can swing, go for it!
Yeah it being guaranteed legit is what sold me. I bought the kurt angle one two days ago for only $70 and he's my top 3 wrestlers. Thug Cena is also one of my faves so thanks I'm going to purchase it yolo

Buffy_1997

Black Canarylicious
★ MOD
Jul 3, 2009
Yeah it being guaranteed legit is what sold me. I bought the kurt angle one two days ago for only $70 and he's my top 3 wrestlers. Thug Cena is also one of my faves so thanks I'm going to purchase it yolo

70 for Angle seems like a steal, epic purchase!

Wes68

Star
Sep 21, 2010
Bring Arts Tifa finally arrived after a delay. Sadly Aerith has an even longer delay all the way to September. Barret should arrive shortly after that.

View attachment 1194834
The Bring Arts figures are nice given the classic look. I can't bring myself to spend the $130 on what are essentially 6" figures when the PAK figures stand around 10" for $150 (give or take). However, some of the PAK figures have gone up in price. Are you going to try for all of them? I know that Vincent is on the way.

Speaking of FF7...

pak-reissue-of-tifa-arrived-initial-release-is-first-v0-8bxr5ktqy5dd1.jpg

I recently ordered the v2 Tifa reissue from BBTS. She's been on preorder a while. I was never quite happy with the face sculpt (Seen above) of the original. The paint apps on her tank were a bit sloppy as well. I ordered the 2nd in the hope it would be better. Well that just arrived yesterday.

pak-reissue-of-tifa-arrived-initial-release-is-first-v0-nltjkk6406dd1.jpg
pak-reissue-of-tifa-arrived-initial-release-is-first-v0-6nd0gd7406dd1.jpg
pak-reissue-of-tifa-arrived-initial-release-is-first-v0-mvc9cn6406dd1.jpg
pak-reissue-of-tifa-arrived-initial-release-is-first-v0-nzkr1n6406dd1.jpg

I will probably try to sell the other one. I think this version is much better and has a stronger likeness overall.

Dante-

Mod Trigger
★ MOD
Mar 25, 2009
Red Grave City
The Bring Arts figures are nice given the classic look. I can't bring myself to spend the $130 on what are essentially 6" figures when the PAK figures stand around 10" for $150 (give or take). However, some of the PAK figures have gone up in price. Are you going to try for all of them? I know that Vincent is on the way.
I have some of the PAK's, I think the last one I posted in this thread was the Aerith one I got. It's not really down to price value or size for me. I always wanted them to make figures that represented the game art and the in-game models and in recent years they've done both. It was a long wait for me. I also wanted figures that represent the OG FFVII because that's still my favorite. I like Remake and Rebirth and those depictions but the OG is my priority.

Yeah, I'm going to get all of the Bring Arts or at least all of the party members and Sephiroth. I have Cloud and Tifa, Aerith and Barret have been paid for but haven't arrived yet, and then I have all of the other ones on preorder from Japan. Some of them won't be here until next year though.

The Bring Arts are only $100+ if you buy them in the West. The ones I preordered from Japan weree all $65.

The reissue of PAK Tifa does seem better than the previous one.

Wes68

Star
Sep 21, 2010
I have some of the PAK's, I think the last one I posted in this thread was the Aerith one I got. It's not really down to price value or size for me. I always wanted them to make figures that represented the game art and the in-game models and in recent years they've done both. It was a long wait for me. I also wanted figures that represent the OG FFVII because that's still my favorite. I like Remake and Rebirth and those depictions but the OG is my priority.

Yeah, I'm going to get all of the Bring Arts or at least all of the party members and Sephiroth. I have Cloud and Tifa, Aerith and Barret have been paid for but haven't arrived yet, and then I have all of the other ones on preorder from Japan. Some of them won't be here until next year though.

The Bring Arts are only $100+ if you buy them in the West. The ones I preordered from Japan weree all $65.

The reissue of PAK Tifa does seem better than the previous one.
That's fair! The classic designs are great. That's why I am largely sticking to the remake versions of PAK. I only have Cloud/Vincent from Advent Children. I appreciate that Remake largely is faithful to the original designs. I saw you had some of the I guess you'd call them prize figures? The polygonal ones. They are cool, but I think they sold them as "Blind boxes?"

It's interesting that there is such a price disparity. So even with shipping, they are still cheaper than the Western releases? I know Square Enix tends to overcharge for things but dayum.

And I am probably the same way. I won't be getting all of the PAK figures. I am mostly interested in the main party and a few of the villains. I don't need random Shinra trooper 13 or Roche, or Sonon. I would like to pick up Zack at some point. Maybe they will do a re-release of him for Rebirth. I won't be buying re-releases of all the figures either for a slightly better face sculpt. I am pretty happy with the face on the OG Remake Aerith. It was really only Tifa I had an issue with.

I did preorder the new Yuffie figure because she is without the cloak. Maybe if they do swimsuit versions of Tifa/Aerith. It could be cool if they put Red in disguise or Sailor Barrett. I wouldn't mind a Scarlett figure and I may pick up Elena (and Tseng if they do him), since I have Rufus, Reno and Rude.

But yeah, I think this is also why they may be saving Vincent and Cid for the next installment along with Cait Sith because they realize a lot of people may be done once they main party is out.

I do have Yuna and Tidus on preorder. Never picked them up back in the day. And both are getting new figures.

230825_ffxfigure_9.jpg

Dante-

Mod Trigger
★ MOD
Mar 25, 2009
Red Grave City
That's fair! The classic designs are great. That's why I am largely sticking to the remake versions of PAK. I only have Cloud/Vincent from Advent Children. I appreciate that Remake largely is faithful to the original designs. I saw you had some of the I guess you'd call them prize figures? The polygonal ones. They are cool, but I think they sold them as "Blind boxes?"

It's interesting that there is such a price disparity. So even with shipping, they are still cheaper than the Western releases? I know Square Enix tends to overcharge for things but dayum.
That’s right, the polygon prize figures were initially released in Japan that way but on eBay you can buy the full sets. That’s what I did shortly after Remake came out. I think Square Enix later also sold them on their website in the west but that took a while. Now the second wave is out with characters like Yuffie, Cait Sith, and Zack so I need to get those.

Yeah, it seems like figures are cheaper when initially sold in Japan and then get inflated by companies like Square Enix when it comes to selling them in the western markets. Japanese online stores seem to be the best way to go. Only issue is you need to order quickly from those places.

I really like the new Tidus and Yuna you have on preorder. I never had the original PAK ones either but I do have the giant Kotobukiya doll ones that I bought around 20 years ago.

Crazy888

Hentai Senpai
Dec 20, 2004
Dark Continent
I know I’m said I’m pretty much out of the Funkos game…..but I have 8 coming in 2 orders from Hot Topic and Box Lunch. I think you’re going to really like what I got!
Brother I can't wait. I recently got into collecting amiibo too. Bought pit, dark pit, Bowser and Rosalina. Expecting dark pit tomorrow. Pit is from the kid icarus series.

Buffy_1997

Black Canarylicious
★ MOD
Jul 3, 2009
They are here! @Crazy888

Batman 85th Anniversary Funkos! Only the ones connected to the 1989 Batman movie. Hot Topic Exclusive is Unmasked Batman from Batman Returns

1721341493198.jpeg

Buffy_1997

Black Canarylicious
★ MOD
Jul 3, 2009
Holy shit that's awesome. Did you have any trouble getting some of them?

No, all of them were available via Shipping about a week ago when I ordered them. Now I see all but the HT Exclusive are OOS at Hot Topic but I went to a local Hot Topic earlier and they had all of them except Vicki Vale. You should be able find these plentiful in Hot Topic and Box Lunch and online at Box Lunch.

My final cost with discounts and rewards was 120. These would’ve been about 194 without discounts and rewards.

Kamurocho_Freak

𝔐𝔬𝔬𝔫 𝔊𝔬𝔡𝔡𝔢𝔰𝔰 𝔚𝔬𝔯𝔰𝔥𝔦𝔭𝔭𝔢𝔯
★ MOD
Apr 24, 2010
Aokigahara
i think i need a figurine of Count Orlok from the original Nosferatu movie

612TUKYMJkL._AC_UF894,1000_QL80_.jpg

JoJo and One Piece. Kamu remains undefeated.

With One Piece I feel I need to add the disclaimer that while I’m currently working my way through the manga, most of my knowledge comes from the games. Was playing the Dynasty Warriors spin-off, unlocked her and had a Sanji moment!😍

Figure purchased via eBay not long after, lol.

Jojo I also got into relatively recently. Well, I remember loving the Dreamcast game, but it’s only this year that I’ve sat through most of the anime and have now cycled back to Phantom Blood, as I’m picking up those nice manga hardcovers. That’s a franchise I have a long list of characters I want figures of at this point though!

Dante-

Mod Trigger
★ MOD
Mar 25, 2009
Red Grave City
With One Piece I feel I need to add the disclaimer that while I’m currently working my way through the manga, most of my knowledge comes from the games. Was playing the Dynasty Warriors spin-off, unlocked her and had a Sanji moment!😍

Figure purchased via eBay not long after, lol.

Jojo I also got into relatively recently. Well, I remember loving the Dreamcast game, but it’s only this year that I’ve sat through most of the anime and have now cycled back to Phantom Blood, as I’m picking up those nice manga hardcovers. That’s a franchise I have a long list of characters I want figures of at this point though!
Better late than never! I only got into One Piece within the past few years too. It’s such a long journey but seems to be worth it so far. Boa is certainly a sight to behold so I don’t blame you!

I liked that JoJo game too although it wasn’t until the anime started in around 2012-ish that I became a big fan. After you posted your pickup I actually looked to see what other ones there were. I might pick up the Dio one at some point. I hope they release a Diego Brando one for Steel Ball Run. I actually had an icon of him on here briefly back in the day.

Buffy_1997

Black Canarylicious
★ MOD
Jul 3, 2009
Walmart had the new Mutant Mayhem Turtles Shipper. I got the 3 Basic Turtles…..don’t care for Remaster Classic and Mix and Match lol

1721612214930.jpeg

1721612232578.jpeg

1721612250213.jpeg

1721612271032.jpeg

Buffy_1997

Black Canarylicious
★ MOD
Jul 3, 2009
You're so lucky because my Walmart sucks so bad. All it has is a couple of hawkeye Funko lol

This Walmart sucks in the Funko/Neca section. Just maybe like 10 Funkos at the most and for almost 2 Years the TMNT Movie Saki 2 Packs sat there collecting dust until about a month ago they were gone. I’m assuming they were finally clearance out lol

A different Walmart locally here had this Shipper

1721612760585.jpeg