-Myk-

It's Pronounced MIKE!!!
Dec 18, 2004
Lost

Amid the ongoing fallout from Joe Biden’s debate performance, talk in many top Democratic circles has already moved to who Kamala Harris’ running mate would be.

That’s how certain a widening group of leading party officials, operatives and donors are that the president’s slow start to salvage his campaign just won’t work, with several close allies skeptical that he is up to the reelection campaign he has pledged to stay in, based on CNN’s conversations with two dozen Democratic politicians and operatives.

Biden always says not to compare him to the almighty, but to the alternative. That’s exactly what a growing number of Democrats looking at Harris are doing.

For her part, the vice president and her staff have deliberately ignored most of the calls and texts coming their way, remaining insistently on message about both her support for Biden and her pride in sticking with him.

But Harris has already made some changes: Only after last week’s debate did her office update her schedule to put her with Biden for the Fourth of July picnic and fireworks. She has not attended the picnic before, instead keeping to her own Independence Day tradition of making a stop at a local fire station. And after Democratic governors rejected the White House’s initial offer to have her speak to them instead of Biden, she was also added to the meeting and closed it with a speech urging unity and sticking with the president.

That’s her keeping close to Biden — but it’s also Biden keeping her close.
---------------------------------

Well if she runs then I will have to write in my vote.

-Myk-

It's Pronounced MIKE!!!
Dec 18, 2004
Lost
Of course you do, you fairweather fuck.
/meltdown

I will vote for Biden, will NEVER vote for Trump, and have said since she she was in the primary back in 2019/2020 I would never vote for her. That is far from fair weather

-Myk-

It's Pronounced MIKE!!!
Dec 18, 2004
Lost
I'll enjoy the whining when trump is elected and I relish in I told ya so

Told me so how, if I never vote for him and my state is safely democrat leaning for PotUS. I could write in anyone and it would not make one bit of difference.

-Myk-

It's Pronounced MIKE!!!
Dec 18, 2004
Lost
Either the Democrat or Trump wins.

Not voting for the Democrat means you're okay with Trump being president.
No it does not, it means I don't like Harris and won't vote for. Colorado is solid democrat and someone writing in will not tip it to Trump. Y'all are just to broke to get that.

Trickyvinny

Typing With Monkeys
Jan 24, 2005
No it does not, it means I don't like Harris and won't vote for. Colorado is solid democrat and someone writing in will not tip it to Trump. Y'all are just to broke to get that.
That's OK bro, you can let others do the heavy lifting to save democracy.

Or start your investment in a therapy dog now so you have a solid support system ready to go.

-Ducky-

“money hungry yankee bitch"
Dec 26, 2001
Florida, LOL
Ugh Kamala is awful. I don’t think she stands a chance against Trump
These people are fucking morons, or they don’t want a Democrat

eodoll

Voted best outposter
Oct 2, 2005
I dont understand why you all say she is awful. She hasnt done anything substantial and biden has kept her hidden although he likes to wave her around as his token black. Biden also acts as if he put obama in power, no.. you were obamas VP and obama was a dumb fuck to put you and hilary in his admin. Anyway, the way buden waves his black ‘friends’ around for credit is cringe and micro aggression racist.

Yossarian_42

TGIRL ENTHUSIAST
Jun 27, 2002
Cabby's Mom's House
Why does it have to be Harris? I have nothing really against her because I'm not a bigot but you can literally pick anybody.

Also, the levels of full of shit required to be willing to vote for senile idiot pervert Joe Biden but to draw the line at Kamala Harris is fascinating. Is it because one of them is a white man?

eodoll

Voted best outposter
Oct 2, 2005
Adam Kinzinger said the discussion shows the Democratic Party is a healthy one, unlike the Republican Party, which is a cult where the wrong idea gets you kicked out.

not among all dems. there were some that went crazy the minute people said biden should step aside

Groucho48

Was that you or the duck?
Oct 3, 2005
Why does it have to be Harris? I have nothing really against her because I'm not a bigot but you can literally pick anybody.

Also, the levels of full of shit required to be willing to vote for senile idiot pervert Joe Biden but to draw the line at Kamala Harris is fascinating. Is it because one of them is a white man?
Because picking the VP as the nominee stops things from getting ugly. She has a bunch of primary votes already and I don't think anyone mentioned is even on the ballot anywhere. To open it up to anyone else would be a chaotic free for all. First, who gets to decide to knock her off the ballot? Second, what If she refuses? Third, assuming the first two things get settled, how would the new nominee be picked? Smoke filled rooms? Open floor votes? Rock, paper, scissors? Suppose a couple thousand folks said they wanted the nomination. How and who gets to decide who gets even considered? And let's not forget that Harris is sitting on a 200 million campaign fund that no one else can use. Giving it back and asking for it to be resent? That would be a disaster. I'm not sure of the rules about donating it to a central organization but I'm sure there are some. Not to mention, there would be a million lawsuits from donors and from gleeful Republicans. I also think you'd lose a chunk of your most faithful voters if you just dumped her.

The best thing Biden did in his Presidency was to put boatloads of competent experts in important positions and give them general directions and let them take it from there. Worked out quite well. Maybe Harris learned from that. Who knows?

Not to mention many of the most prominent names mentioned are happy where they are and are probably not willing to give it up on a very slight chance of becoming President.

eodoll

Voted best outposter
Oct 2, 2005
Because picking the VP as the nominee stops things from getting ugly. She has a bunch of primary votes already and I don't think anyone mentioned is even on the ballot anywhere. To open it up to anyone else would be a chaotic free for all. First, who gets to decide to knock her off the ballot? Second, what If she refuses? Third, assuming the first two things get settled, how would the new nominee be picked? Smoke filled rooms? Open floor votes? Rock, paper, scissors? Suppose a couple thousand folks said they wanted the nomination. How and who gets to decide who gets even considered? And let's not forget that Harris is sitting on a 200 million campaign fund that no one else can use. Giving it back and asking for it to be resent? That would be a disaster. I'm not sure of the rules about donating it to a central organization but I'm sure there are some. Not to mention, there would be a million lawsuits from donors and from gleeful Republicans. I also think you'd lose a chunk of your most faithful voters if you just dumped her.

The best thing Biden did in his Presidency was to put boatloads of competent experts in important positions and give them general directions and let them take it from there. Worked out quite well. Maybe Harris learned from that. Who knows?

Not to mention many of the most prominent names mentioned are happy where they are and are probably not willing to give it up on a very slight chance of becoming President.

He just brought back the same team he had with obama. Its not a genius move, it was the people he has worked with in the past.

Groucho48

Oct 3, 2005
In some positions. He also brought in his team from his Senate days. A fair number of Obama folks stayed but a significant number did because Reps refused to approve anyone for a lot of posts, so assistants had to step up. Luckily, the assistants were also pretty good. Unlike the political commissars Trump inserted everywhere.

GrilledCheezus

The Lord's Balls
Nov 1, 2011
Kamala should be considered. She will lose to trump hugely. I think trump would beat kamala worse than weekend at biden's. but she should be considered. She is the dem with the best resume right now to run.

Of course she was also a DEI pick. I think even if she was awesome that would cost her the victory, but she is far from awesome.

Eager_Igraine

By Jove I think you're on to something!
Oct 2, 2005
Has anyone listed or quoted all of these members of the “widening group of leading party officials “? Or are we just taking the media’s word on it? This seems a lot like manufacturing a mountain of “top officials” out of a molehill of responses to leading questions fishing for this angle.

Groucho48

Oct 3, 2005
I've seen maybe half a dozen mentioned by name while not paying a lot of attention. So maybe another half dozen or dozen I missed.

And the MSM is stretching what they actually say. Pelosi said something like...yes there are questions about his status but if he shows us he's still capable, then we stick with him. The NYT framed it as Pelosi cast doubts on Biden’s ability to govern. Which is a stretch.

NetiNeti

No Longer a Noob
Mar 22, 2023
If its Kamala , then its Kamala. Its her time in history.
If she is going to be a general , she needs to get inspiring.
She is our ironic real holy ( secular with morals) warrior fighting to save democracy, while fundamentalists religious are actively doing what they have been doing since time started, seeking division and discord in the name of power.

Jaedence

Star
Feb 27, 2009
90% of the electorate doesn't know anything about Kamala.
What they do know is a younger black woman would be going up against Trump.
Younger, black, woman, gains 15 points in the polls against old, racist, dementia felon who shits himself.

Crackdoc

Perpetual Noob
Mar 9, 2011
Canuckistan
Your VP is much like Prince Harry, a 'Spare'.

As and of themselves they wield no official clout not handed to them by the P.

What negatives has anyone observed in her behaviour in office that makes her anathema to the office of P ?

swirly_commode

official outpost genious
Feb 15, 2001
Your VP is much like Prince Harry, a 'Spare'.

As and of themselves they wield no official clout not handed to them by the P.

What negatives has anyone observed in her behaviour in office that makes her anathema to the office of P ?

well shes black for one
and, OMG, a WOMAN...

this is america, son.
no minorities can have any jobs until every white man has a good high paying job FIRST

Eager_Igraine

By Jove I think you're on to something!
Oct 2, 2005
I've seen maybe half a dozen mentioned by name while not paying a lot of attention. So maybe another half dozen or dozen I missed.
And we’re any of them actually top party officials?
And the MSM is stretching what they actually say. Pelosi said something like...yes there are questions about his status but if he shows us he's still capable, then we stick with him. The NYT framed it as Pelosi cast doubts on Biden’s ability to govern. Which is a stretch.
That’s the kind of thing I’m talking about.

Rhint

Ramones Biggest Fan
Oct 1, 2005
I think Harris would probably try to do everything to be the best president that she possibly could be. She would have the weight of being the first woman to hold the post on top of the chip on her shoulder created by the fact that nobody has any confidence in her.

She's miles better than Trump, in any case

swirly_commode

official outpost genious
Feb 15, 2001
I think Harris would probably try to do everything to be the best president that she possibly could be. She would have the weight of being the first woman to hold the post on top of the chip on her shoulder created by the fact that nobody has any confidence in her.

She's miles better than Trump, in any case

i agree

Bobvillas

Band Camp Champion
Sep 25, 2008
Has anyone listed or quoted all of these members of the “widening group of leading party officials “? Or are we just taking the media’s word on it? This seems a lot like manufacturing a mountain of “top officials” out of a molehill of responses to leading questions fishing for this angle.
Sen Warner from Va says he is building a coalition of Dems to ask Biden to drop out.

swirly_commode

official outpost genious
Feb 15, 2001
all hail emperor trump
or do you think he will use das fuhrer?
i bet he goes with king and orders the whitehouse covered in gold leaf

swirly_commode

official outpost genious
Feb 15, 2001
why skimp?
its not his money.
get some slaves immigrants to do the work before they get deported to somalia or something
now thats what i call cutting gubmint waste!