resurrectedreplayer

Almost Not a Noob
Aug 4, 2014
So I saw this game on Steam the day before yesterday. First I was confused, then I realize it was freaking Touhou on Steam and instantly bought the game. Since I can't speak a word of Japanese, I was very thankful to the dedicated community for the English language pack. Thank you very much for compensating for ZUN's utter lack of business sense. :D This is my first time playing a Touhou game, but I've been a fan of the music, original and remixes, for over a decade. I wouldn't know where to find the other 15 games, but since I've got my hands full with this one right now, I don't really mind.

A word of warning to anyone who doesn't have a clue what Touhou is. Its a bullet hell game franchise. THE bullet game franchise. The hardest freaking games you'll ever play probably. I'm struggling to clear the game on easy, even if I use as many "Continues" as they'll give me, but I'm also a prideful ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ who refuses to use my spells because I saw some videos of people clearing Lunatic with zero deaths without using spells and was like "I can do it if I try hard enough"

And then Easy Mode kicked my butt, repeatedly.

Thus Touhou dethroned the Dark Souls series as the "Hardest Games I've ever played". After dabbling into Hidden Star in Four Seaons, I've come to understand that if Dark Souls were to be as hot as a bonefire, then Touhou is the surface of the freaking Sun. I feel like I've been baptised to a whole new level of challenging difficulty in the past 5 hours, to the point that every other game seems trival child's play now. It's like having sex for the first time and realizing how lame masturbation is comparatively. Then again, I shouldn't be surprised, since Touhou's music did the same to my muscial taste all the way back in the early 2000s.

Also, just a tip to ZUN if he ever wants to take all my money (even if he'll never see this and doesn't understand a word of English.) Compile all the songs you've ever made into one giant album and sell it to me. I'll give like 150$ for it. That's probably low balling its worth. And keep porting the games on Steam. And maybe hire a professional translator for AT LEAST an official English version so new potential fans aren't turned off by the lack of language support? The games don't have all THAT MUCH to translate, it wouldn't cost you more than like 2000 CAD $ per game. Since you're selling this at 17.49 CAD $ per game, minus Valve's cut and let's say some transaction fees of whatever, we can estimate a 12$ profit per game, 2000$/12$ is 167 copies.

Now just imagine how many people saw this in their discovery queue and skipped it because it doesn't have proper language support. Exactly. I mean considering the fanactical following you've garnered, you could probably crowd source that translation patch anyway. They would probably GIVE you money for the priviledge to appear in the credits. Like seriously that fan made translation? Its really good. But its a minor hurdle to patch it manually and that will turn off a bunch of people who like super hard games and killer soundtracks.