Sep 2, 2013
Somewhere over the rainbow
Last edited:

Alpha-Blue

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Apr 27, 2001
NY
You know you've made it as a star player when b5105 posters cite tackle count.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Sep 2, 2013

RyanRogers013

I don't need therapy.. I'm just mentally ill
Jul 7, 2006
Watt will win the shit again and rightfully so

from Barnwell: It's not that Watt won the sack title by 2.5 sacks; it's that he knocked down quarterbacks 50 times when second-place Aaron Donald, at 37 hits, was as close to 11th as he was to first. Watt also led the league in tackles for loss on running plays for the third consecutive year. He's playing a different game than everybody else is.

Rbk_3

Sammy Time!!
Jan 19, 2006

from Barnwell: It's not that Watt won the sack title by 2.5 sacks; it's that he knocked down quarterbacks 50 times when second-place Aaron Donald, at 37 hits, was as close to 11th as he was to first. Watt also led the league in tackles for loss on running plays for the third consecutive year. He's playing a different game than everybody else is.

Donald is at Watt's level if not above.

When we directly compare Watt and Donald, we need to understand Watt's playing on the edge 2/3 of the time. Donald ALWAYS inside. Rushing from the outside leads to more pressure, sacks and statistics, and yet Watt has just nine pressures more than Donald over the season.

PercyHarvin

Almost Not a Noob
Jun 3, 2014

When we directly compare Watt and Donald, we need to understand Watt's playing on the edge 2/3 of the time. Donald ALWAYS inside. Rushing from the outside leads to more pressure, sacks and statistics, and yet Watt has just nine pressures more than Donald over the season.
Could you imagine Donald and Watt on the same D-Line? That would be insane.

Rbk_3

Sammy Time!!
Jan 19, 2006

Could have happened.

ploho_17

No Longer a Noob
Aug 17, 2009

Texans could have had Mack or Donald. Wow.

Pardon_The_Loss

FED UP!
Feb 8, 2005
Sep 2, 2013
Literally focusing on my tackles mention and nothing else (as if it's a bad stat).

When I mentioned sacks first off (and ints and ff later)

lol

But I guess being a DT automatically means he has 30 sacks, 2000 pressures, etc
Why would anyone try to focus on interceptions when talking about a defensive tackle?
There we go cherry picking again.

What about FF and sacks (which i mentioned)?

lol @ defending pff arbitrary ratings

Pardon_The_Loss

FED UP!
Feb 8, 2005
LOL! So you discredit a defensive tackle's season because he had 0 interceptions and 0 forced fumbles? And that he didn't have as many total tackles as a linebacker. Also discrediting that he led all DTs in sacks while creating a shit ton of pressure up the middle while being an elite run-stopper.

Dude has no clue what a defensive tackle is.

Sep 2, 2013
LOL! So you discredit a defensive tackle's season because he had 0 interceptions and 0 forced fumbles? And that he didn't have as many total tackles as a linebacker. Also discrediting that he led all DTs in sacks while creating a shit ton of pressure up the middle while being an elite run-stopper.

Dude has no clue what a defensive tackle is.
lol

But I guess being a DT automatically means he has 30 sacks, 2000 pressures, etc

helicopter97

No Longer a Noob
Sep 20, 2015
Russia
Lol at saying 11 sacks are nothing for a DT and mentioning tackles.

Not even worth a minute, that's the guy who lol'd at me for mentioning PFF signature stats.

Rbk_3

Sammy Time!!
Jan 19, 2006
Gah I hate blocking users cause I always want to know what stupid shit they said next.