Rbk_3

Sammy Time!!
Jan 19, 2006
aaron-donald-ncaa-basketball-north-carolina-state-pittsburgh1.jpg

It is bold, but not insanely stupid like Nepats predictions.

RyanRogers013

I don't need therapy.. I'm just mentally ill
Jul 7, 2006
He was the #3 player on my wish list in that draft behind Mack and Watkins.

I love Mack but I'd take Donald over him in a second

Rbk_3

Sammy Time!!
Jan 19, 2006
https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2015/10/01/aaron-donald-could-be-next-jj-watt/

Aaron Donald finished his rookie season as our top-ranked defensive tackle with a grade of +34.4. He had been at or around the top of the rankings all season, and by the end of it had created a significant enough gap between himself and the next best players – Gerald McCoy and Ndamukong Suh. Leading the league at any position as a rookie is impressive, in fact it’s absurd, but Donald has managed to take a gigantic leap forward from even that point this year.

Right now, Donald is already 59 percent of the way to eclipsing that grade … after just three games!

Donald has amassed a grade of +20.4 through three block-crushing performances. The highest grade we have ever seen from a defensive tackle after three games before this season was the +15.2 posted by Albert Haynesworth back in 2007. The best grade at the position after three games averages +9.6 during the PFF era. Donald is double that. He is playing on another level to anything we have seen at his position and is so far out ahead of the pack we need to start looking at otherworldly comparisons for him — like J.J. Watt.

The best grade Watt has ever posted after three games was +21.9, back in 2012. That’s slightly better than Donald right now, but Watt has averaged +15.3 in his career excluding his rookie season. Watt’s average beats the best mark achieved by any other interior defender from 2007-14, and Donald this season is five clear grading points ahead of that. It seems insane to compare anybody to Watt, but right now Donald is matching him at the respective start to their careers.

UpNorth707

No Longer a Noob
Oct 21, 2010
Loving this dude. He's a monster and has easily been the standout on that d-line this season.

heylQQkatme

World's Biggest Dolphins Fan
Apr 27, 2003
This is a defensive lineman dominating the game the RIGHT, OLD FASHIONED WAY. Not like that media whoring, diva JJ Watt.

Last edited:

helicopter97

No Longer a Noob
Sep 20, 2015
Russia
Luke will win and it isn't underserving.

This should be, however, another "Fuck Jeff Fisher" thread, gest starring Nick Foles.

RyanRogers013

I don't need therapy.. I'm just mentally ill
Jul 7, 2006

ChIBears213

G.O.A.T.
Jan 30, 2007

Too bad he won't win because the team will finish 5-11

So glad the Lions drafted Eric Ebron instead of him. Not like we need defensive tackles anyways

A lot of attention on that this week.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...ecision-to-pick-eric-ebron-over-aaron-donald/
I love how PFF is the end all be all for defensive players around here lol
PFF should be used as a tool instead of like you said the actual facts.

Guys like Kuechly are valuable because they can call out an offensive play (like he did 10 times during the Cowboys game) and put his guys in the perfect position to make plays. PFF doesn't grade that. Same thing for a prime Peyton or Brady. They could read a defense and switch the play to put their guys in the perfect position to succeed.

ploho_17

No Longer a Noob
Aug 17, 2009

So glad the Lions drafted Eric Ebron instead of him. Not like we need defensive tackles anyways

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...ecision-to-pick-eric-ebron-over-aaron-donald/
In this case it definitely matches what we see in games.

TheVert

Discreet in my funk
Jul 20, 2005

PFF should be used as a tool instead of like you said the actual facts.

Guys like Kuechly are valuable because they can call out an offensive play (like he did 10 times during the Cowboys game) and put his guys in the perfect position to make plays. PFF doesn't grade that. Same thing for a prime Peyton or Brady. They could read a defense and switch the play to put their guys in the perfect position to succeed.
If you are constantly in the perfect position to succeed, that will be reflected in your stats and so PFF will grade that.

ploho_17

No Longer a Noob
Aug 17, 2009
Leads all DT's in sacks too. Unfortunately he doesn't play a glamour position and the team sucks.

josh9308

Sky might be fallin' but remember you can fly high
Jan 2, 2007
i wouldn't say that's bold. he was amazing his rookie year. he is damn good.

helicopter97

No Longer a Noob
Sep 20, 2015
Russia
Watt basically plays as an edge rusher now but it's crazy the amount of talent at interior linemen, especially DTs: Donald, Atkins, Short, Joseph, McCoy, Suh, Poe, I believe it is now the best position in the league talent-wise, only one that comes close is WR.