Broken permissions on Google Workspace Takeout

Hi Google Workspace Community,

I'm a Google Workspace admin and we use Google Workspace Takeout in our company every month to create local backups of all available Google Workspace data. Until recently this worked without any issues and I could create and download Storage Buckets created by Google Takeout via gsutil.

The recent Storage Bucket for June 2024 (creation date: 2024/06/30) now has some issues regarding access permissions that I am not able to fix. I noticed the following problems:

• The bucket does not contain as much data as recent buckets. It only contains data from our user accounts. Previous buckets would additionally contain Google Groups data and other Resources.
  • When trying to download bucket contents via Google Takeout dashboard, the download button appears to be clickable, but on click it gets disabled and says, that I am not authorized to download objects. Interestingly, I can still download the bucket contents via gsutil.
  • When I navigate to the permissions tab on Google Takeout dashboard, it says that roles cannot be loaded and the option to manage access control is disabled as you can see in the screenshot.

Bildschirmfoto 2024-07-09 um 21.45.37.png

The tooltip in the screenshot suggests to check out IAM policies that might restrict access. When I navigate to the IAM dashboard in Google Cloud it displays an error, that I do not have the permission "iam.principalaccessboundarypolicies.list" set. The recommended troubleshooter tool confirms there is an error with this permission.

Does somebody have an idea, where I can manage these permissions or has some advice on where I can start on fixing this issue?

I'm not sure if this is the correct place to talk about this issue and ask for help. I would appreciate if you could refer me to a another forum, which might be better suited for my question, if there is any. Thank you in advance.

0 0 61
0 REPLIES 0
Top Labels in this Space