Other users with edit access can't edit data source connection for CSV file

I have a dashboard which sources its data from three CSV files exported from a legacy system. So every week I have to go download those files and then upload them into Looker Studio by editing the data source connection and replacing the CSV file connected to the data set with the new one.

I want to delegate this job to one of my team, and have given her Edit access to the data source as per the instructions at:

However, when she opens the Dashboard, then goes to Resource > Manage Added Data Sources she can see the three data sources. And she can click on the Edit button...

But when she clicks Edit Connection, the File Upload Connection page loads, but then the panel that would normally show the Data Sets and the file details so she could remove one CSV file and upload the new one, never loads. It just sits with a spinning wait animation forever.

It works fine for me, so I'm guessing it's a permissions issue, but I can't see any other permissions to set for her...she already has edit access to the report and the data sources?

Any ideas?
Solved Solved
0 1 49
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@PhilSt 
What we usually do in Bigglo in such cases is fully automating  the process using Cloud Storage and BigQuery.

You can quickly set-up a bucket on cloud and use BQ data transfer which will automatically replace/append new data from csv into BigQuery Table.

https://cloud.google.com/bigquery/docs/loading-data-cloud-storage-csv

Theh benefit of this solution is no manual work will be needed.
You can go even more fancy and automate data ingestion from your system to Cloud Storage with some simple Cloud function.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

@PhilSt 
What we usually do in Bigglo in such cases is fully automating  the process using Cloud Storage and BigQuery.

You can quickly set-up a bucket on cloud and use BQ data transfer which will automatically replace/append new data from csv into BigQuery Table.

https://cloud.google.com/bigquery/docs/loading-data-cloud-storage-csv

Theh benefit of this solution is no manual work will be needed.
You can go even more fancy and automate data ingestion from your system to Cloud Storage with some simple Cloud function.