Setting Up a Customer Specific Shopping Experience for Fundraising Project

Setting Up a Customer Specific Shopping Experience for Fundraising Project

smallbatch
Visitor
1 0 0

I would like to partner with a local sports organization and offer them the ability to place pre-orders for a fundraising campaign. This would allow me to pre-sell the items for the fundraiser, have time to make them, and then deliver them in time for the holidays.

The issue I am running into is that I only want certain items to show up in this campaign. How can I make a special site, password protected if possible, for this specific group that will show them only the items I want and communicates the delivery time and other fundraising specific information?

Reply 1 (1)

Imogen
Shopify Staff
1923 216 352

Hi there, @smallbatch. Thanks for taking the time to reach out to the Shopify Community Forums! My name is Imogen. It's good to meet you!

My thought here would be to look into creating a 'fundraising' collection specifically for these products, and use an application like LockSmith behind an access code. This would allow you to host a collection that other customers cannot access. From there, you can create a new product page template for these fundraiser products which would outline and communicate fundraiser specific information related to these products, such as shipping times and delivery times. You can edit these templates via the tools available to you within the traditional theme editor, or via third party coding.

This helps you in avoiding having to build an entirely new website for this functionality, as you can use the same store you have, just locked behind a LockSmith code, and using tailored page templates, to offer a fundraiser-focused experiences for these customers. These products would still use the same checkout that you offer your customers, as well.

If you wanted to offer a unique website, then that's definitely possible! But you would be looking into starting a new store with a new domain and new subscription plan to accommodate this.

If you would like some hands on support with building out this functionality, you can look into hiring a Shopify Partner! These are third party professionals that help businesses with building functionalities like these all the time!

Imogen | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog