Login page and accounts page, with account discounts if you buy in bulk?

Solved

Login page and accounts page, with account discounts if you buy in bulk?

cxris
Shopify Partner
16 0 3

Hello currently designing a Shopify store for a client and now they are asking for a customer login page and a customer page where they have the ability to have price drops if they buy in bulk.
Has anyone done this before? Can someone point to some documentation on solving this issue or offer up something better. I would greatly appreciate it.

'We would like there to be an ability for customers to log in
. Once logged in, customers can contact us for lower prices depending on how many rolls they anticipate on sending in. Or we can set it so that the price drops as you add #s of film you are ordering to be processed. We can have a description about the benefit of creating an account for discounts. We would like to be able to give returning customers discounts. We can track this by individual accounts. No discounts unless you create an account. We need the ability to give different prices to different accounts.'

Accepted Solution (1)
Shay
Shopify Staff
3089 467 632

This is an accepted solution.

Hey @cxris 

I'd be happy to get you some more information and resources about these features. Customer page extensibility is still in beta and only available at this time in developer preview mode. We have more details about this here: Shopify Dev Docs - Building apps for customer accounts.

Our dev docs are also the place to go to get started on building content for the Shopify ecosystem, everything you need to get started is in there. 

While using a wholesale app to help manage customer accounts is definitely a great option, and one that is probably the "easiest" to setup and get running, depending on the customer flow experience you might have a few other options as well. 

Using Shopify Flow you can create "rules" or automated actions, potentially allowing you to tag customers accounts based on purchase history or trigger discounts based on over all orders. You can learn more about making flows here: Shopify Help Center - Shopify Flow.

Our standard support are not trained in app development or coding but we are happy to get you as many resources as we can. I hope this helps!

Shay | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

View solution in original post

Replies 7 (7)

Blair
Shopify Staff
2065 272 243

Hi @cxris,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community!

It sounds like your client is looking to offer a wholesale option. If so, I'd recommend checking out the Shopify App Store for available apps that will allow you to achieve this. For specific questions about an app(s), please feel free to contact the app developer directly. 

Please let me know if you have any other questions. 

Blair | Shopify 

cxris
Shopify Partner
16 0 3

They are not trying to do whole sale. They want to encourage customer sign up and off a discount for them.

Blair
Shopify Staff
2065 272 243

Thanks for the prompt reply @cxris

In that case, wholesale apps will still allow you to offer this feature to customers. Alternatively, you can look into hiring a Shopify Expert for assistance with building this customization. To learn more about our experts, you can check out this page.

Please let me know if you have any other questions. 

Blair | Shopify 

cxris
Shopify Partner
16 0 3

Great! Where do new devs who want to build this functionality go to learn these things? I don't want to hire an expert. I want to become one.

cxris
Shopify Partner
16 0 3

You are a Shopify staff did you know about customer page extensibility? Have any recs to get me closer to where I wanna go besides a pages filled wholesale apps? 

Shay
Shopify Staff
3089 467 632

This is an accepted solution.

Hey @cxris 

I'd be happy to get you some more information and resources about these features. Customer page extensibility is still in beta and only available at this time in developer preview mode. We have more details about this here: Shopify Dev Docs - Building apps for customer accounts.

Our dev docs are also the place to go to get started on building content for the Shopify ecosystem, everything you need to get started is in there. 

While using a wholesale app to help manage customer accounts is definitely a great option, and one that is probably the "easiest" to setup and get running, depending on the customer flow experience you might have a few other options as well. 

Using Shopify Flow you can create "rules" or automated actions, potentially allowing you to tag customers accounts based on purchase history or trigger discounts based on over all orders. You can learn more about making flows here: Shopify Help Center - Shopify Flow.

Our standard support are not trained in app development or coding but we are happy to get you as many resources as we can. I hope this helps!

Shay | Social Care @ Shopify 

cxris
Shopify Partner
16 0 3

Shay, thank you so much for giving me a more detailed answer that get's me started on where I need to go. I really appreciate this.

Cheers!