Assign Tag to existing Customer Segments

Assign Tag to existing Customer Segments

miguel_by
Excursionist
18 0 2

Hey everyone,

I had to create multiple customer segments to cover all EU Countries. What I was wondering is if theres a way to quickly assign a certain tag for example 'EU' to a full customer segment and possibly automate this when new customers enter that customer segment. I know that I could manually bulk edit and add the tag but that would take way too long & is not sustainable moving forward. What I would like to do is combine all these separate Segments into one through the 'EU' tag. Thanks in advance!

Greets

Miguel

Reply 1 (1)

JoesIdeas
Shopify Partner
2355 216 621

For current customers you can either bulk edit, or export the customer list csv, add the tag, then import the list again, to update them in bulk. I would start with a few customers first to test and make sure your spreadsheet format is correct and the customers update as expected.

For ongoing automation you can use Order Automator app.

You create rules to tag customers (or orders) based on the order conditions. Here's an example:

Screenshot 2024-07-17 at 9.01.14 AM.png

The app is customizable, so if there's something it doesn't do out of the box, that you want, just reach out to app support to make the request.

• Creator of Shopify automation apps Order Automator + Product Automator [apps that save you time + money]
• Shopify developer for 10+ years, store owner for 7 years
• I also make guides like Shopify Automation Tips and How to Figure Out Why You're Not Getting Sales