Hosting on Heroku error (Step 10: RUN composer install)

Hosting on Heroku error (Step 10: RUN composer install)

arodmcmxcix
Shopify Partner
5 0 0

Hello Everyone, 

I am trying to deploy my webapp using Heroku. I am following this Shopify documentation here https://shopify.dev/docs/apps/launch/deployment/deploy-web-app#:~:text=All%20Shopify%20app%20templat....

I am currently pushing from a branch to test everything before merging into master so the command I am running is git push heroku <branch name>:refs/head/main. 

What I have tried:
1) I have gone into the PHP.ini files and changed the extension directory to the exact location where it is on my machine.

2) I have also run composer update on my machine (which responds with "Nothing to modify in lock file" and "Nothing to install, update, or remove"). 
3) I have tried brew reinstall sqlite several times and I have the most up-to-date version on my computer.

Ask:

Is this an issue with Heroku, Docker containers, my code, or other issues? Thanks in advance! 

It's quite a long error but here is the output. 
Screenshot 2024-07-12 at 1.18.23 PM.png

Replies 2 (2)

Liam
Shopify Staff
2945 316 829

Hi Arodmcmxcix,

Did you find a solution for this? It does sound like it's could be resolved by changing configuration on Herokus side.

Liam | Developer Advocate @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit Shopify.dev or the Shopify Web Design and Development Blog

arodmcmxcix
Shopify Partner
5 0 0

Hello Liam, 

The issue persists. Do you have any settings or configurations you'd recommend checking first? I have checked many configurable options on Heroku but have not yet found anything promising. I opened a support ticket with Heroku. Hopefully, this will provide some answers 😄