Shop Pay Installments enabled without my permission

Shop Pay Installments enabled without my permission

belzelbooks
Visitor
1 0 1

A shopify merchant growth reached out through email wanting me to start using shop pay installments. I declined several times, but somehow the option was enabled without me knowing. I have never used shop pay installments before and had to reach out to customer service to even figure out had to turn it off, so I know I didn't somehow enable it by accident. I only have one other employee, but they have limited access when they are in the office, nothing remote, and were out sick the week this happened, so that's also ruled out. I only noticed it was enabled because I started receiving email notifications from orders coming through with that payment method. The whole timing of it is very suspicious and makes me worried for the security of my account if someone from Shopify can do that without my permission. Has anyone else experience something similar?

Replies 2 (2)

SealSubs-Roan
Trailblazer
610 41 60

Hi @belzelbooks !

Since this is an account issue, I highly suggest that you reach out to Shopify support team so, they can further investigate where this issue is coming from and verify as well. You can reach out to them by going through their Shopify Help Center and enter your concern on AI chat box, respond to it until the "I still need help" or "chat with a support advisor" option appear.

Roan
Please let me know if it works by marking it as a solution!
Seal Subscriptions App, a subscription app for Shopify, with glowing user testimonials and a free plan.

Shay
Shopify Staff
3080 467 632

Hi @belzelbooks 

Thank you for reaching out about this and sharing this experience. I want to make very clear that no Shopify employee should ever be taking ANY actions on a merchants store without express permission from the merchant first through our authenticated support channels (Shopify Help Center). 

Please do connect with our support to have this feature enablement reviewed and investigated. 

Shay | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog