Movies are dumbing down science, along with everything else

Status
You're currently viewing only swokm's posts. Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.
Not open for further replies.

swokm

Ars Tribunus Militum
So... are you saying Armageddon is double penetration for my brain? That explains a LOT. I can't believe anyone would sit through that movie. My first walk out. I think I threw up a little in my mouth at about the 20th slow-mo flag-wave.<br><br>War Games. Heh. I don't know how practical it was, but it puts me right back into 1982. Uncanny.<br><br>Destination Moon? Of course it was accurate, Heinlein himself consulted. -- View image here: http://episteme.arstechnica.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif --<br><br>But I'm gonna have to go with Battlefield Earth. You know, since it is REALLY REAL and stuff. BTW, I have some pamphlets I'd like to show you...<br><br> -- View image here: http://episteme.arstechnica.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif -- <br><br>Man. Where are the Heinleins today and why aren't they making movies?

Upvote
0 (0 / 0)

swokm

Ars Tribunus Militum
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Fulgan:<BR>The worse offender I remember was actually a french comic called "Yoko Tsuno". Here is a translation of a dialog I found hilarious when I read it... when I was 13 year old:<BR><BR>"You can't go faster than light: any object going faster would leave it's energy behind it and disintegrate!"<BR>"That's true, except if you travel in a medium where light doesn't exists. That's why the station traveled slowly through space in between our two system and weaved a <B>tube of opaque waves</B> that prevents the light from entering"<BR>"Aha!" </div></BLOCKQUOTE><BR><BR>Teh Intarwebs?

Upvote
0 (0 / 0)
Status
You're currently viewing only swokm's posts. Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.
Not open for further replies.