Forums > News > Moby v2024.06.07

MobyReed (386) on 6/7/2024 8:54 PM · edited · Reply · Permalink · Report

MobyPro

• New feature: Game cover explorer (front & back covers)
  • New feature: Promo image explorer (including magazines ads, concept art, renders, etc)
  • New version of the Game Browser with options to include more information in the results - including genres, developers and publishers
  • Increased game browser CSV export from 1,000 to 2,500 results
  • Added option to have up to 100 results per page on the game browser
  • Added contribution stats feature to the homepage
  • Fixed CSV exports that were broken for a few platforms

General Updates

• New game identifier tool that allows entering multiple identifiers and pulls store information
  • Moved patch information from Releases to its own section (example) and increased allowed description length
  • Added "preview" function to game description in the Add Game form
  • Allow 'person' and 'personid' in all MobyTags (developer/developerid still work, but are deprecated)
  • Credits form now remembers what screenshot you were last viewing (if applicable)
  • Pending game relations now appear at the top of game pages, when relevant
  • Frontend optimizations
  • Database optimizations
  • Misc. bug fixes, UI fixes and polish

hoeksmas (153677) on 6/7/2024 9:05 PM · Reply · Permalink · Report

Promo image explorer Oh, that's about the coolest thing ever! I'm already loving exploring the old advertisements by platform! 1200 Apple II advertisements to explore. I just wish such a fun feature wasn't kept just to MobyPro.

Emitewiki (569) on 6/11/2024 3:55 PM · Reply · Permalink · Report

Woohoo! So stoked for a new full release after two months 😃 I like the new beta Game Browser, especially the checkboxes for showing/hiding columns – that's clever! And it doesn't look too shabby on mobile, which I appreciate. Overall, focusing MobyPro around being a "paid subscription tool for researchers" seems like a cool idea.

The Preview function for Descriptions is a great add, and the Instructions on the left-hand side of the description area is helpful. Just can't wait for proper formatting tools to be added to make bolding, linking, etc. easier with clickable buttons and keyboard shortcuts 🥲instead of having to memorize all of the formatting syntax and manually type the correct MobyTags. And I can't wait for public-facing citations!!

S Olafsson (60558) on 6/11/2024 5:37 PM · Reply · Permalink · Report

Fwiw, there is no way currently to add identifiers to new game submissions... or am I missing something?

Koterminus (265122) on 6/12/2024 10:27 PM · Reply · Permalink · Report

You can still add them by going to https://www.mobygames.com/contribute/game-relation/[gameid]/ where [gameid] is the ID of the WIP game.

Infernos (44689) on 6/15/2024 10:24 AM · Reply · Permalink · Report

Lovin' the game cover & promo image explorer features. Great stuff!

Both could use some more sorting options though.
For game cover explorer it could use an option to include/exclude electronic covers (those with "Packaging: Electronic"). Perhaps also sort by particular country or continent. Also it seems that covers for games that have the "Adult" tag are excluded currently. That could be another sorting option - include/exclude Adult games.

For promo image explorer just an option to search for image caption's keywords. So, for example, you could find magazine ads from a particular country. Or search for concept art of a particular character.