Status
Not open for further replies.

Bot-IGN

<marquee> Crush... Kill... Post Articles... </marq
Mar 28, 2001
Article Comments for [link=http://movies.ign.com/articles/114/1145087p1.html]X-Men's Magneto Gets a New Helmet[/link]
by Phil Pirrello

Summary:
X-Men First Class director Matthew Vaughn plays the "Mea Culpa" card on the leaked cast photo, and unleashes Magneto's helmet as a make-good. Check it! [link=http://movies.ign.com/articles/114/1145087p1.html]Read Full Article[/link]

ltplaytyme

Noob
Feb 25, 2010
This picture of Magneto looks alright, but the helmet looks a bit crooked and loose. I am still highly anticipating this movie.

jetmoralde

Noob
Mar 3, 2010
"I'm a fan of X-Men. We're not bastardizing X-Men, I'm trying to get them back to being whole again."
What a load of Bull. He doesnt even have the right characters in this movie. Dumb Ass.

shogun768

Noob
Aug 5, 2008
First of all, you have to have the right mindset for this film. It's set in the 1960's so the look of the costumes IS GOING TO REFLECT THAT TIME. Wrap your head around that before opening your mouths.

I was skeptical about this film but trying to keep an open mind. I hate it when people dismiss a film based on partial information or a few pictures. I always try to reserve judgement until I actually watch the whole thing. EVERYONE should adopt this practice. It's a universal rule of life. Don't judge something until you experience it.

The helmet looks cool, except the crooked nose piece. Maybe he got slammed in the face just prior to this photo?

Feb 25, 2002
Helmet looks like its comic counterpart which is good. The guy playing Magneto needs to put on some muscle though. Magneto is a ripped dude.

grapes9h5

Almost Not a Noob
Dec 9, 2009
Im happy to hear Vaughn defend the film but looking at this new pic was the first time I've really questioned this movie. The helmet is way to big and it frankly looks ridiculous.

legacyAccount

Old Account
Nov 10, 2011
I'm really exited to see this film.
The Last stand was bad and destroyed what could have been 2 incredible movies by adding to many elements, Wolverine clearly destroyed a lot of the x-men films universe, however i don't think it's time reboot, i think that it's time to rebuild, fill the holes those horrible 2 films left and send the franshise to a new direction, and for those who hope that this film fails so that they can see a 4th real x-men movie must remember that they'll make that one depending on the success of this one.
If this one has enough success then it will be made a trilogy and maybe even before that happens we'll ger X-men 4, so keep you fingers crossed and have hope, the costumes seem corny but i assure you all that knowing what i know about the story and the director, i know that the film will be great, even the era is interesting to set the film at. the film will undoubtly have a good critical reception, my fear is the box office, if the film is good and fans don't go because they don't like the look will probably regreat their actions when they see it again on tv or from a friend.

scooter427

Noob
Oct 15, 2009
well it makes me feel better that the photo of everyone was not real but really the helmet doesnt even fit him lol yeah maybe its a fight scene or whatever but if he wanted to "make us feel better" he would release some quality stills of full body costumes and stuff and yeah all that crap about fixing it? seriously? thats not going to happen as long as fox has the rights for this. ever. i'm not saying the movie is going to suck i will be there opening weekend to see it no matter what but there is no doubt i will ruthlessly pick the movie apart when i see every bit of "bastardized material" cause trust me it will be chock full of it

Jun 12, 2010
I thought Magneto created that helmet to protect his mind from Xavier. Aren't they supposed to be friends in this?

Then again, he could be wearing it to protect himself from other mind-reading mutants.

TheRealDruidan

Almost Not a Noob
Sep 29, 2005
I hope the film is great and all but (and this is coming from a guy who loves most of the rest of Marvel's film's outfits)... man, Magneto looks ridiculous there. Like a kid in a jumpsuit with an adult's helmet on.

Hopefully it will look better in motion.

OakJ5

Noob
Mar 12, 2010
ha! the real pic is way uglier than the one that leaked. damn this movie is going to suck

ILOVERLC

Noob
Oct 2, 2005
OMG!! WTF ARE THEY DOING?!!!! Magneto never wore an X-Men uniform and if Bryan Singer and those other jerk offs would pick up X-Men #1 they would see when Professor X assembled his "First Class" he was Bald, in a wheel chair and Megneto was the first Villain they faced!! Unless Marvel studios directly owns the rights I have no fath in Marvel films anymore New Spider-Man included.

legacyAccount

Old Account
Nov 10, 2011
I'm really exited to see this film.
The Last stand was bad and destroyed what could have been 2 incredible movies by adding to many elements, Wolverine clearly destroyed a lot of the x-men films universe, however i don't think it's time reboot, i think that it's time to rebuild, fill the holes those horrible 2 films left and send the franshise to a new direction, and for those who hope that this film fails so that they can see a 4th real x-men movie must remember that they'll make that one depending on the success of this one.
If this one has enough success then it will be made a trilogy and maybe even before that happens we'll ger X-men 4, so keep you fingers crossed and have hope, the costumes seem corny but i assure you all that knowing what i know about the story and the director, i know that the film will be great, even the era is interesting to set the film at. the film will undoubtly have a good critical reception, my fear is the box office, if the film is good and fans don't go because they don't like the look will probably regreat their actions when they see it again on tv or from a friend. he's helmet may seem bad but i think that in the movie will make sence, also, the villains are the hellfire club, led my Emma Frost, and she can reach magneto's head so he probably made this quickly for her not to go inside his head, this seems like the scenne of a batle so it makes sence.

Jun 25, 2008
I normally try not to go into a movie with preconceived notions before the trailer is even released but I can't help but feel in extreme amount of skepticism about this one.

M

Motorrizer95

Original poster
ILOVERLC: This storyline goes back to the early days of Magneto and Xavier when they were friends and working together-- there's more to the backstory then where they start at X-Men #1. So actually, it would make sense for Magneto to wear that at first. I wouldn't jump to any conclusions about the movie until we actually see it. The helmet looks authentic-- better than the other movies.

Zeek81

Noob
Oct 21, 2007
hahahaha that's supposed to be the good pic? I don't even know what to say if they think that's a cool looking magneto. I don't even want to see this film on cable. Do you think we could start a campaign now to get fox to just burn the film and never let it get out of the studio?

Jul 28, 2010
Brian singer should of had these or the ultimate costumes instead of the cheezy leather....love the helmet if you look at the source material its identical...way to go Vaughn

ILOVERLC

Noob
Oct 2, 2005
IGN you guys are a bunch of ass kissers- "The only thing cooler than the pair of big brass ones the director showed off just now is the below image of Magneto and his new, shiny helmet - a "make good" image to get fans excited for this summer's X-Men prequel".

If you guys didn't notice we fans are not that excited about this film, also- "The costumes are blue and yellow as well, because f!@# it, lets take it back to the original. Also, by the way, those costumes are hardly in the movie. The main costumes are like these cool 60's James Bond..."

I don't want to hear about James Bond 60's shit from the director! This movie will fail!

brunnerand

Noob
Aug 7, 2009
I don't want to fall into the lot of people who condemn everything that comes out because it's not exactly how they want it, but so far everything I have seen about this movie is underwhelming, at best :(

opifex

Noob
May 17, 2001
"I'm a fan of X-Men. We're not bastardizing X-Men, I'm trying to get them back to being whole again."

You didn't put the original Xmen in a film called Xmen First class. Not to mention that the timeline of the characters doesn't make sense.

legacyAccount

Old Account
Nov 10, 2011
wow another x-men movie with magneto. you'd think with all the people they've come across the bag would be a little deeper then this.

ILOVERLC

Noob
Oct 2, 2005
@Motorrizer95 You don't know what the hell you're talking about. I'll try to go slow. THERE WERE NO X-MEN WHEN CHARLES and MAGNETO WERE YOUNG! are you still with me? WHEN PROFESSOR X FORMED THE TEAM HE WAS ALREADY BALD AND IN HIS WHEEL CHAIR! ALL THESE SO CALLED FIRST CLASS MEMBERS WERE ON THE TEAM WHEN CHARLES WAS OLD. HAVOK WHO IS CYCLOPS YOUNGER BROTHER SHOULD NOT EVEN BE ALIVE YET. MYSTIQUE WAS NEVER AN X-MEN AND HENRY McCOY HAD NOT TURNED INTO HIS BEAST FORM YET. THE REAL FIRST CLASS WAS: CYCLOPS, ANGEL, THE BEAST, MARVEL GIRL (JEAN GREY), AND ICE MAN. THE VERY FIRST VILLAIN THEY FACED WAS MAGNETO!! Did you get all that. They have took the source material and just said F**k it lets make up are own origin story.

Zeppalicious

Read More.
Apr 16, 2005
Either that was Vaughn saving face after some seriously crappy costumes, or there was a legit mix-up.

Either way, that doesn't look so bad. Consider what little faith I have in this film, restored.

Sep 3, 2010
wow never knew some one could make the x-men look even gayer than thay were in the first 3 faggy movie`s
all of the marvel films so far do not stay true to the comic`s they killed some of the best characters off in x-men
same with them crap spiderman film`s
i have lost faith in marvel film`s

DC all the way

Jul 14, 2008
we can all thank the x3 ending for these crappy prequels. i dont know what they were thinking when you kill off cyclops and jean grey, and i geuss the scene with professor x at the nd of the credits meant nothing now. i would rather see something like x4 with apocalypse as the villain, but thats as likely as them sticking with one actor to play the hulk lol.

thebrodyman

Almost Not a Noob
Aug 15, 2003
That helmet is so much better then the one they used in the previous films. I never liked the old one, it was very odd looking. This one actually looks like Magneto's helmet (minus the colors). I hope Sideshow makes replicas, that would be awesome on my desk at work.

Mar 1, 2009
i didn't actully hate the look of the X-Men costumes, more the fact that Mystique was wearing one implying she's part of the team. loving the original helmet on Magento

Lucread

Noob
May 12, 2010
I so don't care about this movie... at all... I'm expectign it to suck worse than Highlander 5, of course that means if it even manages to be mediocre than I'll feel like it was great.

Status
Not open for further replies.