JustinIGN4

Noob
Jan 11, 2022
I want to know his rank among players in the league from his rookie year ( 2004 ) to this year as of right now ( 2022 ) . You could give me details if you want to.

2004:
2005:
2006:
2007:
2008:
2009:
2010:
2011:
2012:
2013:
2014:
2015:
2016:
2017:
2018:
2019:
2020:
2021:
2022: ( currently )

lipiti

Super Star
Oct 3, 2005
So, I started watching in 2007, and haven't really watched regularly since 2020, so here's my list for that period.

2007: Between him and Tim Duncan. Likely Lebron (though not a majority opinion yet). His single handedly carrying a terrible Cavs team to the finals and past a formidable Pistons team was a Herculean achievement and the first performance that really built his legend. They got swept by the Spurs, but the fact that not every game was a blowout was impressive. Huge disparity between the two teams.
2008: Definitely arguably number one, but that wasn't the majority opinion. His offense was great, but his defense was below average. Between him, Kobe, Chris Paul (my MVP for that year), and Tim Duncan.
2009: 'Bron came up short in the playoffs but it was pretty clearly him this year imo. Some people (definitely a majority of more casual or less analytical fans) believed it was Kobe, but he was likely the third best player in the league that year, behind Wade. Bron was ahead of Wade but Wade was very close.
2010: 100% Lebron. Kobe still had some people arguing that it was him, but this is the year that the consensus shifted.
2011: Dirk. This and 2019 are the only years Lebron is clearly not the best player in the league. Becoming the villain for the first time in his career clearly took a tole on his psyche and led to him absolutely no-showing the finals; one of the most embarrassing superstar performances you'll ever see. Lebron was also beginning to slow down just a bit and hadn't quite figured out how to evolve his game yet. Not to say he was slow, but Lebron from 2003-2010 turned every defender into a turnstyle. Playing iwth less spacing that he did + slowing down/bulking up a bit meant that he had to rely on a post-game and bully ball that he wasn't quite comfortable with yet. Dirk had a great regular season but an absolutely legendary playoffs - one of the top five most impressive ever. This season was Dwight at his peak; an all-time great defensive big who can put up 20 every night. Could be him too. Rose was a great story on a well-built/well-coached team, but was not the best player in the league.
2012: 100% Lebron. We remember the Thunder is being way overmatched, but I remember a lot of commentators picked them going into that series. Lebron had to shed that "not clutch" label and he did this season.
2013: 100% Lebron. No argument for anyone else.
2014: 100% Lebron. KD also had a spectacular season. Despite winning Finals MVP, Kawhi wasn't a superstar yet.
2015: 100% Lebron. Got votes for Finals MVP despite losing. Iguodala only won Finals MVP because he defended him (and Lebron still cooked).
2016: 100% Lebron. Until the finals, it was consensus among basically everyone that Steph Curry was the best player in the league. Really the only time since I've watched that there's been another player that everyone agreed had outshone Lebron. When the Cavs came back to beat the seemingly unstoppable 73 win Warriors, Lebron ripped that title right back. It became very clear that, when it mattered most, LBJ was who you wanted.
2017: This is the year that KD broke the league by going to the Warriors. Some could argue that he was number one this year, but it still really felt like Steph was the most important player on that team. The Cavs were the only team to take even a game against in the playoffs - this Warrior's team is imo, the greatest team in NBA history. Given that KD seemed to take the easy way out, and Steph took a backseat, Lebron was the consensus #1. Kawhi was also definitely in the conversation, and was my pick for regular season MVP.
2018: 100% Lebron. Despite winning the title, the KD/OG Warrior relationship had grown acrimonious. If not for an all-time terrible shooting game from the Rockets (who were clearly the second best team that year), the Warriors likely get bounced. Kawhi was injured.
2019: Probably Kawhi. Lebron was injured. Klay got injured in the playoffs. Durant got injured in the playoffs.
2020: Surprise, surprise. It's Lebron. Coming back and winning the title.

swrowe

Star
Sep 3, 2011
2004: I don’t know
2005: Top 7
2006: Top 5
2007: Top 5
2008-2011: Top 3
2012-2016: Best player
2017-2018: Second best
2019: Top 3
2020: Best player (Kd injured)
2021: Top 10
2022: Top 5

lipiti

Super Star
Oct 3, 2005
So, I started watching in 2007, and haven't really watched regularly since 2020, so here's my list for that period.

2007: Between him and Tim Duncan. Likely Lebron (though not a majority opinion yet). His single handedly carrying a terrible Cavs team to the finals and past a formidable Pistons team was a Herculean achievement and the first performance that really built his legend. They got swept by the Spurs, but the fact that not every game was a blowout was impressive. Huge disparity between the two teams.
2008: Definitely arguably number one, but that wasn't the majority opinion. His offense was great, but his defense was below average. Between him, Kobe, Chris Paul (my MVP for that year), and Tim Duncan.
2009: 'Bron came up short in the playoffs but it was pretty clearly him this year imo. Some people (definitely a majority of more casual or less analytical fans) believed it was Kobe, but he was likely the third best player in the league that year, behind Wade. Bron was ahead of Wade but Wade was very close.
2010: 100% Lebron. Kobe still had some people arguing that it was him, but this is the year that the consensus shifted.
2011: Dirk. This and 2019 are the only years Lebron is clearly not the best player in the league. Becoming the villain for the first time in his career clearly took a tole on his psyche and led to him absolutely no-showing the finals; one of the most embarrassing superstar performances you'll ever see. Lebron was also beginning to slow down just a bit and hadn't quite figured out how to evolve his game yet. Not to say he was slow, but Lebron from 2003-2010 turned every defender into a turnstyle. Playing iwth less spacing that he did + slowing down/bulking up a bit meant that he had to rely on a post-game and bully ball that he wasn't quite comfortable with yet. Dirk had a great regular season but an absolutely legendary playoffs - one of the top five most impressive ever. This season was Dwight at his peak; an all-time great defensive big who can put up 20 every night. Could be him too. Rose was a great story on a well-built/well-coached team, but was not the best player in the league.
2012: 100% Lebron. We remember the Thunder is being way overmatched, but I remember a lot of commentators picked them going into that series. Lebron had to shed that "not clutch" label and he did this season.
2013: 100% Lebron. No argument for anyone else.
2014: 100% Lebron. KD also had a spectacular season. Despite winning Finals MVP, Kawhi wasn't a superstar yet.
2015: 100% Lebron. Got votes for Finals MVP despite losing. Iguodala only won Finals MVP because he defended him (and Lebron still cooked).
2016: 100% Lebron. Until the finals, it was consensus among basically everyone that Steph Curry was the best player in the league. Really the only time since I've watched that there's been another player that everyone agreed had outshone Lebron. When the Cavs came back to beat the seemingly unstoppable 73 win Warriors, Lebron ripped that title right back. It became very clear that, when it mattered most, LBJ was who you wanted.
2017: This is the year that KD broke the league by going to the Warriors. Some could argue that he was number one this year, but it still really felt like Steph was the most important player on that team. The Cavs were the only team to take even a game against in the playoffs - this Warrior's team is imo, the greatest team in NBA history. Given that KD seemed to take the easy way out, and Steph took a backseat, Lebron was the consensus #1. Kawhi was also definitely in the conversation, and was my pick for regular season MVP.
2018: 100% Lebron. Despite winning the title, the KD/OG Warrior relationship had grown acrimonious. If not for an all-time terrible shooting game from the Rockets (who were clearly the second best team that year), the Warriors likely get bounced. Kawhi was injured.
2019: Probably Kawhi. Lebron was injured. Klay got injured in the playoffs. Durant got injured in the playoffs.
2020: Surprise, surprise. It's Lebron. Coming back and winning the title.
dudes, i wrote out this long ass thing and didn't get one response lmao

Anghellic11

Super Star
Jun 22, 2005
LeBron, unlike Kobe, will (probably) end his career as the best player on his team every single season of his career.

Anghellic11

Super Star
Jun 22, 2005
dudes, i wrote out this long ass thing and didn't get one response lmao
I mostly agree up until this last season or two where he's become a dirty, insufferable whine bucket. He takes like every other play off..