BuffOrpington

The Goat Whisperer
Nov 19, 2004
While I enjoy camping and hiking, they're probably not activities I'd really plan a trip for. For the most part, they're just tools to get to other stuff. Right now my ultimate favorite outdoor activity is rock climbing. I also love canyoneering, caving, and rising my ATV. What do you guys like to do outside?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

BuffOrpington

The Goat Whisperer
Nov 19, 2004
Running is my favorite above all. It's oddly therapudic. Usually I'll run 5-10 miles, a bit longer on the weekends.
I could hike 10 miles with crazy elevation gains, but run that long on flat land having to keep up a minimum pace? Never. I think what keeps me going is that pretty much every activity I partake in requires a certain amount of commitment. If I rappel a pit, I have to ascend back out of it, if start climbing, at a certain point I can't just bail on longer routes, etc.. I can also typically move at my own pace and take breaks.

Genuine question... How do you find the will to continue at a running pace for that kind of distance? What keeps you from just stopping or walking?

Narcotic

My hands are cats
Jul 18, 2009
I could hike 10 miles with crazy elevation gains, but run that long on flat land having to keep up a minimum pace? Never. I think what keeps me going is that pretty much every activity I partake in requires a certain amount of commitment. If I rappel a pit, I have to ascend back out of it, if start climbing, at a certain point I can't just bail on longer routes, etc.. I can also typically move at my own pace and take breaks.

Genuine question... How do you find the will to continue at a running pace for that kind of distance? What keeps you from just stopping or walking?

I really enjoy running. It's a way of taking a break from everything else going on. I won't bring my phone or have any music, so for however long I'm gone there's nothing to worry about. It's kind of like an active meditation I guess lol.

BuffOrpington

The Goat Whisperer
Nov 19, 2004
I really enjoy running. It's a way of taking a break from everything else going on. I won't bring my phone or have any music, so for however long I'm gone there's nothing to worry about. It's kind of like an active meditation I guess lol.
That's very interesting. Personally, I have a harder time running without music pumping me up and distracting me a bit. I don't need it with any other exercise, but it definitely helps with running.

I can totally relate to that feeling with rock climbing though. There's something called the 'flow state' where the activity you're doing no longer requires thought and you can let your mind relax and your body intuitively do what it needs to do. Being in that state is definitely a form of meditation.

I've always felt that being outside in general has positive effects on my mood and emotions. Even if I'm just walking around the parking at work for fresh air. But man, when I'm completely surrounded by nature camping/hiking/climbing/etc. For a weekend or better... It definitely has a way of recharging your batteries. I've actually seen several studies that spending a significant amount of time outside is good for you mentally. National Geographic posts then all the time.

Jan 1, 2018
While I enjoy camping and hiking, they're probably not activities I'd really plan a trip for. For the most part, they're just tools to get to other stuff. Right now my ultimate favorite outdoor activity is rock climbing. I also love canyoneering, caving, and rising my ATV. What do you guys like to do outside?

Running and hiking are great because I have an unpredicable schedule so it can be hard to schedule things with other people. With running and hiking I can just go on my own with short notice.

Zen-G

Noob
Aug 7, 2017
USA
I enjoy hiking in the mountains, and then swimming on rivers or waterfalls. We have a lot of it here. It's fun especially when you're with some friends.

japekto

Star
Jan 13, 2018
If I'm just hanging out in front of the house? Probably juggle a soccer ball. We used to have a portable basketball hoop up front. But, one of our previous tenants ran off with it.

Last edited:

Coscom

Noob
Aug 30, 2018
I

Love billiards.

Jan 10, 2019
This is a very interesting question. Many outdoor activities fascinate me and a few of them, I am going to share with you.

I love fishing whenever I go for camping and fishing with my family.
Secondly, I am a music worm and Iove to play my favourite musical instrument mandolin under a tree with great peace.
I love to sit quite near a lake especially in the night. Similarly, I am not such borning, I love to eat seafood near beaches and do great fun with friends in outdoor parties.
In brief, you can make any of your outdoor activity as cool as you want with your own efforts.

pleasegoaway

[face_snowman]
Jul 13, 2011
Taking long walks next to bodies of water. Can be the ocean, a river or a lake; I love it all.

Gabbydabby

Noob
Mar 20, 2018
This year I first went on a ski trip. It really was very interesting! I really liked it, although I don’t like the cold, but thanks to the quality equipment, I didn’t freeze and didn’t get sick, but after staying at home for two months, I got a lot of pleasure from this hike. I love hiking, but skiing was new to me. I want to repeat this experience this winter. I noticed how important it"s to have high-quality equipment, so this year I want to buy new equipment for the winter hikes. I'm already looking for more information about this on the Internet, for example, here https://waterbladderbag.com/best-hydration-pack-for-skiing is an overview of different hydration packs for a ski trip. During our last hike, I noticed that its difficult to properly store water at low temperatures, itэs also very inconvenient to make stops often. I want to make the hike this winter even more comfortable.

TJenx92

Noob
Dec 20, 2019
Camping, beach volleyball and snowboarding are my top outdoor activities. Always a good way to relax and have fun with friends or family

Piglet_IGN

Noob
Sep 27, 2023
Well normally, I like taking a walk with my best friend. I come from a beautiful place called the Hundred Acre Wood. It's made up of lovely green grass and big wonderful trees. It also has a lot of creeks, I'm rather afraid of falling into those, but the rushing water sounds really nice. Sometimes we play a game where we drop sticks into the creek and watch them float away.

I-i-it's actually rather like where I'm at now. I don't know how I drifted away from my home, but I was really scared. But I feel much better since I met these big animals. I didn't quite catch their name, I think they called themselves hairier paw-purs. They wanted me to come here and tell to whoever will read this that there is a big place you are looking for, a very woodsy place that's easy to get lost in. And if you don't find this place, something terrible will come! Oh d-d-d-dear! Thinking about it just makes me want to go back home to my nice cozy bed.

But this terrible thing can be stopped if you find out the name of this place. Someone really impressive is waiting, or so I'm told. But you'll need to find other things too, that's really important. Apparently there are other sages who have things you need to know. Although I'm not sure why they called me a sage, I'm not a plant, I'm a piglet. But I think that maybe the other sages are not really plants either.

The name of the place has this music. So be sure to remember! You need the name of the place. After that, you take it back to the one who sent you here to find me. Oh, but be sure you also found the other plants - er - sages, and got what they had to tell you too!

axemred4

Star
Aug 29, 2012
I'm not from around here.
Well normally, I like taking a walk with my best friend. I come from a beautiful place called the Hundred Acre Wood. It's made up of lovely green grass and big wonderful trees. It also has a lot of creeks, I'm rather afraid of falling into those, but the rushing water sounds really nice. Sometimes we play a game where we drop sticks into the creek and watch them float away.

I-i-it's actually rather like where I'm at now. I don't know how I drifted away from my home, but I was really scared. But I feel much better since I met these big animals. I didn't quite catch their name, I think they called themselves hairier paw-purs. They wanted me to come here and tell to whoever will read this that there is a big place you are looking for, a very woodsy place that's easy to get lost in. And if you don't find this place, something terrible will come! Oh d-d-d-dear! Thinking about it just makes me want to go back home to my nice cozy bed.

But this terrible thing can be stopped if you find out the name of this place. Someone really impressive is waiting, or so I'm told. But you'll need to find other things too, that's really important. Apparently there are other sages who have things you need to know. Although I'm not sure why they called me a sage, I'm not a plant, I'm a piglet. But I think that maybe the other sages are not really plants either.

The name of the place has this music. So be sure to remember! You need the name of the place. After that, you take it back to the one who sent you here to find me. Oh, but be sure you also found the other plants - er - sages, and got what they had to tell you too!
axemplaid4 will LOVE this.