Deadman1993

No Longer a Noob
Sep 21, 2006
assuming they eventually make left 4 dead 3 and assuming its not the midnight riders and they get a dlc
what kind of 4 survivors would you want to see in Left 4 Dead 3(no earlier than 2011)
Mine would be

a Mobster named Paulie - age 27-35, italian man nice suit always making jokes at others expense
a street Hustler named Tre - 17-25, black man, feeling of invincibility even though there in no need for money in the post civilized world he still cares about it
A Pharmacist named Bob - 30-40, white man, has a knowledge of medicines, the voice of reason between the other twos bickering
a stripper named Cindy - just a stripper witha gun

each character has a special ability
Paulie - more probability of finding explosives
Tre - More Ammo
Bob - More Probability of finding pill, med kit and adrenaline also when he heals you its more affective
Cindy - better probability of rescuing survivor in the closet

aslo unrelated fan trailer for Twilight Of The Dead
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CC6sephR494&feature=player_embedded#!

Feb 22, 2010
MIDNIGHT RIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIDDDDDDEEERRS

[image=http://www.videogamesblogger.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/11/midnight-riders-left-4-dead-2-band.jpg]

posnco

The method of controlling fire...
Aug 22, 2004
Since I want L4D3 to start in Colorado (and end in Cali), I've always thought:

Rick: an optimistic male hiker (who was camping for a week that takes place during the 14 days of infection and not really in civilization as the events happen so is the least educated. Sort of "MacGyver" like with his ideas of avoiding a major conflict.)

Maria: an endearing female chef (overly stressed chef who's always tries to be nice but quick to snap when shot at or in a ton of trouble, i.e. bitching about something for a while after being shot or saved from a long time constricted by a special infected)

Jack: a slightly old retired cop (tired old guy who during conflict almost subconsciously refers to police jargon. Otherwise very peaceful and thoughtful for everyone)

Michael: a pessimistic male nurse (constantly worried that the groups gonna die, funny quotes about doom and how the universe hates him, always the first to tell Rick that his plan stand no chance to work)

Feb 22, 2010
posnco said:
Since I want L4D3 to start in Colorado (and end in Cali), I've always thought:

Rick: an optimistic male hiker (who was camping for a week that takes place during the 14 days of infection and not really in civilization as the events happen so is the least educated. Sort of "MacGyver" like with his ideas of avoiding a major conflict.)

Maria: an endearing female chef (overly stressed chef who's always tries to be nice but quick to snap when shot at or in a ton of trouble, i.e. bitching about something for a while after being shot or saved from a long time constricted by a special infected)

Jack: a slightly old retired cop (tired old guy who during conflict almost subconsciously refers to police jargon. Otherwise very peaceful and thoughtful for everyone)

Michael: a pessimistic male nurse (constantly worried that the groups gonna die, funny quotes about doom and how the universe hates him, always the first to tell Rick that his plan stand no chance to work)

I like the idea with Rick, somebody who's been away during the infection only to find out when they come back to civiliaztion its gone to hell. Maria and Jack are good ideas too. Only thing that bugs me is Michael being a male nurse. L4D is suposed to be more of a bad-ass zombie killing game, "male nurse" is kinda meh, doesn't go. Make him a surgeon or a disease expert or somebody who knows what the infection does to people, that would be a lot more interesting.

MissFerran

Noob
Jan 5, 2008
Do you know how strong male nurses have to be? They have to lift people for a living. I think it would totally fit in...because someone with medical knowledge is ALWAYS a welcome addition to any party!!

Feb 22, 2010
MissFerran said:
Do you know how strong male nurses have to be? They have to lift people for a living. I think it would totally fit in...because someone with medical knowledge is ALWAYS a welcome addition to any party!!

You know, your right. Lifting old people for a living is pretty bad ass [face_cool]

:^O

goonie08

No Longer a Noob
Jan 28, 2006
dat_cool_aid_guy said:
MissFerran said:

You know, your right. Lifting old people for a living is pretty bad ass [face_cool]

:^O
The characters in L4D and L4D2 aren't "bad-ass zombie killers", they're normal people. Having a male nurse as a survivor would be just as plausible as a college drop out, redneck, coach, tech analyst, etc.

And how about you try working as a nurse one day. I bet lifting old people would get preeetty tiring;).

MissFerran

Noob
Jan 5, 2008
You're right goonie...survivors could be anybody...there's no elitism in surviving..luck of the draw and by the skin of your teeth.

Feb 22, 2010
Normal people that turn bad-ass. I think you people need to look at the L4D2 opening again: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-8NSjJ7Fq4

I'm sorry but I really can't see a male nurse killing zombies left and right like that [face_confused]

And we already have the perfect candidates for L4D3:

[image=http://www.videogamesblogger.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/11/midnight-riders-left-4-dead-2-band.jpg]

goonie08

No Longer a Noob
Jan 28, 2006
dat_cool_aid_guy said:
Normal people that turn bad-ass. I think you people need to look at the L4D2 opening again: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-8NSjJ7Fq4

I'm sorry but I really can't see a male nurse killing zombies left and right like that [face_confused]
What makes you so sure you know exactly how a male nurse would react? Why does it even matter what his profession was before the outbreak? It has no effect on his abilities, it's just a job.

I have a feeling you're stereotyping the kind of guy who would take a job as a nurse[face_raised_brow].

MissFerran

Noob
Jan 5, 2008
I don't think those guys would have a snowballs chance, they look like they've been enjoying the good life too long...besides, why fight when you can take your helicopter (Dark Carnival)? I sure has heck wouldn't take to the ground if I had a flight out. I'd be like "So long suckers!" ;) Ok, maybe I'd try to pick up a few people on my hasty retreat. :) I'd try to pick you up in the helicopter goonie!

At any rate, anyone could be a survivor in a zombie holocaust..maybe that male nurse had an interest in fire arms...just because you work in a non conventional career doesn't mean that your private life can't have a cornicopia of other skills. Maybe that male nurse is JUST THAT GOOD that he survived more than the 5 seconds everyone else did.

I'm going to be a drafter with a side interest of zombies and videogames. Does it follow that because I'm a cubicle zombie I couldn't survive in a zombie apocolypse? I don't think so...I think that I'd last a few days at least...after all, shooting a zombie in the head is just business, nothing personal.

With my Les Stroud (Survivor Man) Survive! book and my World War Z under my arm...I think that I'd be pretty good (or pretty dead, whichever *grin*).

goonie08

No Longer a Noob
Jan 28, 2006
MissFerran said:
I'd try to pick you up in the helicopter goonie!
D'aww thank you! I'd do the same for you:*!

I think just about everyone would have roughly the same survival rate. You just have to be aware and extremely lucky.

Oh, and I honestly wouldn't want the Midnight Riders as the playable survivors. I like how they have variety in each group.

posnco

The method of controlling fire...
Aug 22, 2004
A male nurse is no less manlier than a computer tech guy, or a reporter or crippled high school football coach/health teacher. The problem with him being a surgeon or so is that they're trained extensively to have nerves of steal, that doesn't fit my "woe is me the universe is out to get me" guy that Michael's supposed to me.

And we already have a college drop-out (Zoey, who was about to drop out of freshmen year if she didn't stop spending her time watching movies in the dorm and actually went to class) so I cant go there.

Nurse's aren't feeble creatures, friend, they don't all work at nursing homes. Hospitals hire numerous male nurses to help carry patients, some of immense weight thanks to obesity. You can say he survived the outbreak (besides being immune) because of his knowledge of protecting himself (grabbed all the first aid he can) and so many characters have no description towards why they have experience from guns. Guy goesn't have to be in his scrubs, he'll probably have jeans on as you get almost no protection from those fabrics.

We only know that Bill/Louis/Ellis have had training with guns, and we infer that Francis and Nick have experience through their "career paths". We still have the ladies and Coach who are running around shooting with good precision and accuracy.

Killer_K1

No Longer a Noob
Dec 18, 2004
I wouldn't mind the 3rd one having all the people from the past games playable, with 1 or 2 new people(meaning a disjointed campaign structure similar to the first one due to the abundance of people).

But if I had to choose newbies:
(1) Marcelo: A ridiculously laid-back cholo
(2) Josiah: An eccentric cop
(3) Ben: A high-strung chef,
(4) Pamela: A bitchy real estate worker.

- Preferably all of different ethnicities than that of white and black(Well, the cholo is kind of a given in that category). This would have to take place in California(FTW!)

- I also want them to make good on that semi-promise and have the originals and the sequel people as unlockables.

LiveIsTheWay912

Live On!
Mar 7, 2009
dat_cool_aid_guy said:
Midnight Riders Baby, that would be pretty awesome.[image=http://www.videogamesblogger.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/11/midnight-riders-left-4-dead-2-band.jpg]

Jun 10, 2003
Peter - Dawn of the Dead
Sarah - Day of the Dead
Professor Andrew Maxwell - Diary of the Dead
Charlie - Land of the Dead

[face_dancing]

brennerz99

Noob
Apr 22, 2010
The Riders
I Think The First Campaign Could Be Getting To The Riders bus you see in the passing
Then The Bus would crash and the riders fight their way to get choppered out
Dont Know Where To Go From There

May 1, 2006
The Midnight Riders would be great as the cast of L4D3.

But if not that, at least give me an old and schizophrenic homeless man with a big beard and a trashbag for a coat.

Chany7823

Noob
Jul 12, 2010
Picturing more highschool students:
sterotypical goth girl
sterotypical hood guy
sterotypical burnout
sterotypical nerd

Mercy55

Noob
Dec 14, 2008
[image=http://i705.photobucket.com/albums/ww58/Meryc55/KINGUOBUZAHIRRUARUPIJI.gif]

I know, there's five there. But the plot would be about finding Boomhauer and he'd be in the last chapter as an AI.

Jul 29, 2010
dat_cool_aid_guy said:
MIDNIGHT RIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIDDDDDDEEERRS

dlc sure a full game no just no, I would like it if they just stick to the seven survivors they have now and add one more to make 8 or 3 more to make 10.

Jul 29, 2010
Mercy55 said:
[image=http://i705.photobucket.com/albums/ww58/Meryc55/KINGUOBUZAHIRRUARUPIJI.gif]

I know, there's five there. But the plot would be about finding Boomhauer and he'd be in the last chapter as an AI.

Epic just Epic

Jul 11, 2008
1. George Romero (The godfather of the zombie genre.)
2. Max Brooks (Author of World War Z and the Zombie Survival Guide)
3. Simon Pegg (Star of Shaun of the Dead)
4. Milla Jovovich (Star of the Resident Evil Movies)

Check and mate.

Jan 28, 2011
well i love both the l4d and im only asuming there making a 3rd so i think 2 boys 2 girls

NAME: DYLAN
MALE
APPEARANCE: VERY PALE EMO WEARS BLACK HOODY AND BLACK SKINNYS LONGER BROWN HAIR MOSTLY OVER EYES VERY SKINNY.
HISTORY/PERSONALITY: DYLAN GREW UP POOR HIS PARENTS PAST AWAY WHEN HE WAS YOUNG HE WAS RAISED BY HIS G-PARENTS.HE HAS BEEN A LONER IN SCHOOL. ONCE THE APPOCLYPS HAPPEND HE HAD TO LEARN HOW TO GET ALONG WITH PEOPLE.

HE HAS THE MOST RELATIONSHIP WITH ANABELL THEY HAVE MOST LIKELY HAVE FEELING FOR EACH OTHER.

NAME:JAKE
MALE
APPEARANCE:BLACK,WERES AVERAGE CLOTHS BAGGY JEENS BAND SHIRTS.
HISTORY/PERSONALITY: VERY HUMORIOS PERSONALITY HE IS ALLOT LIKE THE LEADER OF THE GROUP. BEFORE THE APOCOLYPS ACCURED HE WAS MARRIED AND HAD GREAT LIFE. HE WORKED AS A CONSTUCTION WORKER AND HAD LOTS OF FRIENDS. NOW HE HAS TO GET USED TO BEING WITH JUST A FEW TEAMATES.

HAS MOST REALION SHIP WITH DYLAN AS A FATHER SON BOND.

NAME:ANABELL
FEMALE
APPEARANCE:LONG BLACK HAIR VERY SHY SIMALAR TO DYLAN BUT HAD COUPLE MORE FRIENDS SHE WEARS BLACK CONVERS BLACK SKINNY JEENS AND WEARS NEON COLORED SHIRTS.
HISTORY/PERSONAL: SHA GREW UP IN A FAIRLY WEALTHY FAMILY BUT HAD ONLY A FEW FRIENDS FOR HER SHYNESS PEOPLE THOUGHT SHE WAS WIERD BUT THES 3 UNDERSTAND HER

SHE DOES SHOW FEELING FOR DYLAN WHEN HE SHARES HIS STORY.

NAME:JESSICA
FEMALE
APPEARANCE:BROWN LONG HAIR CHINESE WEARS BUISNESS CLOTHS.
HISTORY/PERSONALITY:GREAT PERSONALITY FUN AND HAPPY BUT CAN GET SEREOUS WHEN NEEDED. BEFORE THE ZOMBIE APPOCOLYPS OCCUED SHE WASNT MARRIED BUT WAS VERY WEATHER SHE WAS A MANAGER FOR A BANK AND VERY POPULAR.

SHE SHARES A RELATION SHIP WITH JAKE AS A BROTHER SISTER BOND

Jul 28, 2006
Anaheim
Mercy55 said:

f**k that, get rid of Peggy and just have the guys. Especially Boomhauer.

Feb 3, 2011
1:Yatsu urameshi :a chinse samurai guy weres a buiseness suit like off of fallout.
2:Chuck Norris :you know what he looks like.(only unlocks when you beat campain).
3:Sgt.Johnson: a black male weres army clothes gun expert.
4:Francis:from l4d1 biker jacket.
5:50 Cent:black rapper.

sdevito

Super Star
Nov 19, 2000
1) Chicago Ted
2) Doesn't matter
3) Doesn't matter
4) Doesn't matter

Feb 19, 2010
Well,since people with medical training know how to heal you,they would also know how to kill you... So a doctor or nurse would be a good idea. Save you,kill the zombies...

Mar 17, 2011
My survivors would be:

Jon: A freakish redneck who is a crazy shotgun wielder, and has a really bad lazy eye

Chris: A teen who got into a bad accident before the infection. His arm cast gives him a good melee weapon against the zombies.

Alex: A normal everyday office secretary, who witnessed her family being eaten by zombies. Her skill with dual pistols can give her a headshot almost everytime.

Robert: A pro college football player whose running ability, can let him outrun anything without barely breaking a sweat.

men7al

Noob
Apr 5, 2011
wow!!

It would be

a beauiful psyhic- who is gypsy and time travel age 33 and escaped from her abuse parents.
mental patient-age 19 who escaped due to getting contimated too and was in ward for wrong reasons.
a big sherk looking man-who is huge like 8 feet tall and carries machine guns and came from the war 3.
a genie-who grants wishes so,they can escape in 10 time before getting killed or anyting they want..

it would be rated xxx jajaja lol! and they would all carry bombs and tnt.

the story line would change a lot but,it would make more sense and more futuristic w/killings and gore...

ph that witch on first one is scaring me everytime..I would get a little midget to come out of nowhere wearing ballerina clothes and hides and scared the hell out of ppl lol! jajaja.

Jul 7, 2009
The crew from zombieland :D

From Left to Right
1.Wichita
2.Tallahassee
3.Columbus
4.Little Rock

[image=http://moviecultists.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/10/zombieland-wichita-tallahassee-columbus-little-rock.jpg]

A.Fox

Noob
Nov 18, 2011
Al: a sociopathic teenager with Asbeger's Syndrome is antagonistic to his own group
Greg: A former Mob Boss,wishes to redeem himself for all the sins he's done.
Mason: a webcomic cartoonist, is despised by Al.
Vicky: an airheaded, hollywood homely cheerleader and the object of Al's desire (and the only person there he doesn't hate.)

McCandish

Noob
Sep 17, 2014
1. Danny : a SWAT member age 28 2. Gary : a rock band guitarist age 23 3. Roger : a proffesional golfer age 45 4. Alexis : a russian student age 18