jayhendo

Noob
Aug 15, 2011
How do you change the setting? Mine is on Open but my friend's says strict? I think because of this we can't invite each other. So if anyone knows how to change this setting I would very much appreciate it.

Nov 9, 2009
Strict: Can only play with people with OPEN NAT
Moderate: Can play with people with MODERATE or OPEN NAT
Open: Can play with ANYONE

If you are open and he is strict he should be able to join you. But if you have someone else in the party or even match with a MODERATE or STRICT NAT then it won't work.

That said, I'm moderate and have tried many ways to change mine with no luck. Sometimes I have problems getting kicked if I'm in a party (not the host) and we all join a match it sometimes pushes me out of the match. It never does if I'm the host.

Try having him host the game and everybody join his party prior to match. It will take longer for him to find the match, but once you do your set. If you are OPEN and he is STRICT and you cannot join him IDK what it could be. Moderate gives me crap sometimes (mainly in COD: Black ops) so I don't even want to imagine what STRICT is like.

Blood_Falcon

No Longer a Noob
Sep 3, 2003
Every now and again my NAT goes upto Strict. I just reset my router every month or so and that keeps it open.

Aug 25, 2017
Strict: Can only play with people with OPEN NAT
Moderate: Can play with people with MODERATE or OPEN NAT
Open: Can play with ANYONE

If you are open and he is strict he should be able to join you. But if you have someone else in the party or even match with a MODERATE or STRICT NAT then it won't work.

That said, I'm moderate and have tried many ways to change mine with no luck. Sometimes I have problems getting kicked if I'm in a party (not the host) and we all join a match it sometimes pushes me out of the match. It never does if I'm the host.

Try having him host the game and everybody join his party prior to match. It will take longer for him to find the match, but once you do your set. If you are OPEN and he is STRICT and you cannot join him IDK what it could be. Moderate gives me crap sometimes (mainly in COD: Black ops) so I don't even want to imagine what STRICT is like.

-----I had a strict NAT Type with a wireless connection because the ports can be changed due to a wireless connection, but you can activate the right ports if you access your Wifi box and go to port forwarding and type in these
Port 88 (UDP)
Port 3074 (UDP and TCP)
Port 53 (UDP and TCP)
Port 80 (TCP)
Port 500 (UDP)
Port 3544 (UDP)
Port 4500(UDP)
(Xbox One ports needed for xbox live.)
I didn't have to use these becasue i got an Ethernet cable which is a direct connection to the router LAN line. The lsit above is used if you have a wireless connection. Hope this helps you!