cjwhulk

Noob
Sep 1, 2004
I forgot if we've done this yet, but what's your ultimate lineup IRL?

Me-

C Hands
1B Machine
2B Flying Dutchman
3B George Brett
SS Iron Man (Ripken)
LF Commerce Comet
CF Georgia Peach
RF Splendid Splinter

SP:

1 Big Train
2 Smokey Joe
3 Ryan Express
4 Invincible One
5 Cyclone

cjwhulk

Noob
Sep 1, 2004
They're all real players. I'll translate:

C Johnny Bench (Hands)
1B Albert Pujols (The Machine)
2B Honus Wagner (Flying Dutchman)
3B George Brett (No Nickname for him)
SS Cal Ripken (Iron Man)
LF Mickey Mantle (Commerce Comet)
CF Ty Cobb (Georgia Peach)
RF Ted Williams (Splendid Splinter)

Pitchers:

1 Walter Johnson (Big Train)
2 Joe Wood (Smokey Joe)
3 Nolan Ryan (Ryan Express)
4 Warren Spahn (Invincible One)
5 Cy Young (Cyclone)

I thought you knew these

knickH20

Noob
Mar 26, 2004
Yea I knew most of them but was left scratching my head for afew

AND LOL AT Seddrahs Pine tar comment. That moment is cemented in my head.

cjwhulk

Noob
Sep 1, 2004
No, man. No season. These players don't exist on ASB, and I'm not into creating their likeness

knickH20

Noob
Mar 26, 2004
Ah well thats sucks, Well atleast let me build my ultamite team. obvioussly youll see some sort of bias as im a die hard yankee fan

C Yogi
1b Gherig
2b Carew
3b A-Rod
ss Jeter
lf Yas
cf Mantle
Rf Babe

cjwhulk

Noob
Sep 1, 2004
I'm trying a new season with a desert team. I chose the Reno Vultures, because I like the area and the blue uniforms. I'm sticking with no name players. I'm going to play a few games and see how I like it. I may add Rickey, but he'll break up the non all-star team I have.

So far I've got:

2B Brian Roberts
LF Alex Escobar
1B Damon Minor
3B Michael Cuddyer
SS Felipe Lopez
RF Eric Valent
C Ben Davis
CF Dewayne Wise

Bench: Bobby Smith, Brandon Inge, Brent Butler, Chad Hermanson, and Ruben Mateo

I can't even remember my pitchers, that's how nameless they are. I'll update if I like it.

knickH20

Noob
Mar 26, 2004
great your taking me and seddrahs idea and putting no ones on a team. let me tell you that its the funnest thing in the world. you may also wanna think about simming half the season and using the second half to snatch a playoff spot. ive done it with my mets and seddrahs doing it with the M's

cjwhulk

Noob
Sep 1, 2004
Yeah, but you guys are team specific. You're going with the M's or what not and picking players that have played on that team on a specific year. I'm choosing players with less than 1,000 at bats and pitchers with less than 100 innings pitched. I'm also trying to pick players who haven't broken out yet (except for Brian Roberts, although he's not that good on 2004).

Happy new year by the way!

knickH20

Noob
Mar 26, 2004
Happy new years

I dont have exacly team specific. Just players who are brand name but NOT really brand name. That and washed up players whom i try to get back on track. Seddrahs tearing his hair out with his old guys team because he made the mistake I wont. Im going to bring my stars to a mile stone than release them so they hit HOF qualifications. Once gone I will either sign a player who became washed up in the game naturally or use an unproven kid like you.