GTporsche

Another State of Mind
Sep 2, 2006
Game Discussion Thread Guidelines for Game Discussion Threads:

To start off with, if a game isn't listed here, that means it's open to being claimed.

Rules
-You can only claim one (1) hype & discussion thread per three (3) months. You can claim more than one game if the release dates for those two games are three (3) months apart. I may make an exception if no one is showing any interest in creating a thread for a game.
- Games can't be claimed before they have an official release date.
- Threads must be posted at least one (1) month prior to their release date.
- Click here for a list of threads that have already been created.

Upcoming Games/Game Events that have been claimed
Resident Evil 4 REmake - Dante-
Modern Warfare 2022 - TX117
Hogwarts Legacy - phoenix_flier

CT Creation List Guidelines [Permanently Suspended]

There are no longer post limits on threads.

Last edited:

IndieRock

Super Star
Jun 24, 2005
Project Cars, sign me up.

Also, we should set a min and max that a game can be posted. Example, at least one month prior, but no more than two months prior.

Last edited:

GTporsche

Another State of Mind
Sep 2, 2006
What about a backup list in case someone can't pull through for whatever reason?

I'm hoping it's not going to be needed with this new method of handling things.

Project Cars, sign me up.

Also, we should set a min and max that a game can be posted. Example, at least one month prior, but no more than two months prior.

Added to the list. I'll consider the suggestion, but for now I'm hoping the no later than 1 month prior to release will work out. If people start posting threads too early, I'll implement a no sooner than side to it. We'll see how this works out as we go along.

I'd like to do the Killing Floor 2 thread.
Added to the list.

KarenPrada

Whiskey, neat.
Mar 20, 2004
Here's the deal. The waiting list is 5 people deep. It takes 2-3 months for a CT to roll over. That'll put you at 10mos-1 year out from now. Still want to put your name on the list?

Note: [URL='http://www.ign.com/boards/members/whysodevious.44/']@WhySoDevious[/URL], whose CT is next, was put on the list May 28, 2014. ;)

Last edited:

IndieRock

Super Star
Jun 24, 2005
Here's the deal. The waiting list is 5 people deep. It takes 2-3 months for a CT to roll over. That'll put you at 10mos-1 year out from now. Still want to put your name on the list?

Note: [URL='http://www.ign.com/boards/members/whysodevious.44/'][URL='http://www.ign.com/boards/members/whysodevious.44/']@WhySoDevious[/URL][/URL], whose CT is next, was put on the list May 28, 2014. ;)
I think what GTP was getting at, and I pose the same questions, is are there going to be any rules as to who can make a CT? Anyone can? Certain amount of total posts needed? Regularly visits the CT? Etc.

Perhaps you already thought of this before you replied though. If so, then disregard.

KarenPrada

Whiskey, neat.
Mar 20, 2004
Alright sounds good

Note: [URL='http://www.ign.com/boards/members/whysodevious.44/'][URL='http://www.ign.com/boards/members/whysodevious.44/']@WhySoDevious[/URL][/URL], whose CT is next, was put on the list May 28, 2014. ;)
I think what GTP was getting at, and I pose the same questions, is are there going to be any rules as to who can make a CT? Anyone can? Certain amount of total posts needed? Regularly visits the CT? Etc.

Perhaps you already thought of this before you replied though. If so, then disregard.
I did consider that, which was why I have only initially explained the time it would take to get to the next CT for this specific individual. If I enforce post count, this individual has no way of knowing how many posts he/she will have over the course of that time, nor how often he will be posting in the CT/getting to know people. Thus, the only thing I asked was with regard to the length of time it would take.

Your clarification is valid, however. I will add some stipulations in the top post, but I anticipate that some of these additions will be a case-by-case basis.

Jul 18, 2011
This is good. I like the six month rule. Our friend was running against the clock recently due to multiple projects and I feel the second thread suffered a bit because of that. This new system should keep things going smoothly.

IndieRock

Super Star
Jun 24, 2005

I did consider that, which was why I have only initially explained the time it would take to get to the next CT for this specific individual. If I enforce post count, this individual has no way of knowing how many posts he/she will have over the course of that time, nor how often he will be posting in the CT/getting to know people. Thus, the only thing I asked was with regard to the length of time it would take.

Your clarification is valid, however. I will add some stipulations in the top post, but I anticipate that some of these additions will be a case-by-case basis.
Perhaps something like X amount of post are required. If you do not have them by time your month comes, then the next person on the list will take your place.

Of course this could promote spamming, but I personally don't see that being an issue as regular moderation of spamming should counter that.

Last edited:

BrandkilleR

Almost Not a Noob
Mar 9, 2015

Sure, My post count will be higher also if any one is worried about that

KarenPrada

Whiskey, neat.
Mar 20, 2004
Alright sounds good

Sure, My post count will be higher also if any one is worried about that
Added to the list. I also added some extra info in the top post with regard to signing up for the CT.

Kylote

Super Star
Nov 27, 2003
Virginia, USA
I guess I will sign up for Witcher 3 since no one has thrown their hat in the ring. Only other first half of 2015 game I'm excited about that doesn't have someone signed up for it and not sure when Uncharted 4 is releasing so may not be able to one in the fall.

MagneticDeath

No Longer a Noob
Oct 19, 2009
Breakfast Fortress

aimei66

No Longer a Noob
May 6, 2014
In China again thank goodness.
I'd like to do Battlefront please. Release date has been announced for 17th of November. Plus I'm old enough to have seen the original movies in the cinema, played the Atari games, the original wire frame arcade game, the snes games, the amazing rogue squadron on the N64, the KOTOR etc. Hell I can even watch Jar Jar Binks without wanting to punch him.

GTporsche

Another State of Mind
Sep 2, 2006
9 days until E3 thread should be posted since we're now getting into E3 rumors and news. I might just claim it...

Jul 18, 2011
Ooh I want it.

Edit: Actually, nine days is not enough time for me. Someone else take.

Last edited by a moderator:
Feb 25, 2013
I said I would but...I am going to chicken out.

9 days until E3 thread should be posted since we're now getting into E3 rumors and news. I might just claim it...
giphy.gif

Oh, and whoever does it should add the bet between me and Sean. Something like a PS Lobby E3 Bet section.

Last edited:
Jul 18, 2011
Oh, and whoever does it should add the bet between me and Sean. Something like a PS Lobby E3 Bet section.
Thats a good idea. My idea was to make bingo cards so we could mark off the space that says "CEO brags about sales" and "Uncharted 4 Gameplay shown". First person to five in a row gets a prize. Brilliant idea right there.

Feb 25, 2013
Thats a good idea. My idea was to make bingo cards so we could mark off the space that says "CEO brags about sales" and "Uncharted 4 Gameplay shown". First person to five in a row gets a prize. Brilliant idea right there.
Yeah, little things like this to personalize the PS Lobby's E3 thread. I like it.

Jul 18, 2011
Yeah, little things like this to personalize the PS Lobby's E3 thread. I like it.
Yeah, I hope GT comes up with something good for the occasion. It shall be an E3 to remember.

red7ring

No bird, no plane
Dec 26, 2007
Can I claim Rock Band 4?
Rules
-You can only claim one (1) hype & discussion thread per six (6) months. You can claim more than one game if the release dates for those two games are six (6) months apart. I may make an exception if no one is showing any interest in creating a thread for a game.
- Games can't be claimed before they have an official release date. As of this being posted, there is one game already claimed that doesn't fall into this, but it's in as the only exception.

Raidero

Good Opinion Haver
Oct 2, 2012
Can I claim Rock Band 4?
Rules
-You can only claim one (1) hype & discussion thread per six (6) months. You can claim more than one game if the release dates for those two games are six (6) months apart. I may make an exception if no one is showing any interest in creating a thread for a game.
- Games can't be claimed before they have an official release date. As of this being posted, there is one game already claimed that doesn't fall into this, but it's in as the only exception.
Then why the fuck are Uncharted 4 and Persona 5 claimed. RB4's release date is just as clear as those are.

Last edited:

red7ring

No bird, no plane
Dec 26, 2007
Can I claim Rock Band 4?
Rules
Then why the fuck are Uncharted 4 and Persona 5 claimed. RB4's release date is just as clear as those are.
A fair point. I'm penciling you in for the game.