Sep 13, 2007
in Rutherford Manour i have 1 single problem : I CANNNNNNOTT GET THE FIRST SPECIAL LOOT, MORTIMER THE MAD PAINTING, THAT IS ABOVE THE SPIRAL STAIRCASE[face_angry] PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE HELLPPP MEEEEE[face_cry]

m3ntal1ty

Noob
Dec 18, 2007
I'm fairly sure that isn't a special loot item. Special loots are a helmet, i think a cat o' nine tails and also something in the vault at the end. can't remember to be honest.

Feb 22, 2008
when u enter the castle there are two sellae looking places there are big boxes there
hit them with your knife until they burst and there should be a hole to crawl through hope you find it

coldcut77

Noob
Nov 30, 2003
It's tough to figure out because it involves a skill not used often in this game. The level has two parts separated by the fog doors and loading screen. If you're standing in the first part in the room where the painting is, go up the stairs. The one door leads to the fog entrance to the second part, but don't take that. Instead go to the left, past the dude standing there, and follow the halls till you get to a room that seems to be a dead end. I think there's a treasure chest. There is also a crate. Run/walk into the crate till it moves and a crawlspace is revealed in the wall. Through there you'll be able to get Mortimer the Mad's portrait, which is a special loot. Easy to miss, since rarely do you have to push things around, unlike games like Tomb Raider, for instance.