GrubKiller

Noob
Mar 1, 2011
Adam said that the machine will also work on the Locust as well, so he tried to convince Myrah to go back underground. Which means that the Locust that are underground has survived. Correct? At the end, it only showed Locust and Lambent dieing at the surface of the Earth. Those that were underground survived. And thus... Gears of War 4

I'm so smart! ;)

undertaker718

Almost Not a Noob
Feb 3, 2007
Yeah, i found it fishy that they didn't show the underground during the ending. Ready for David Carmine?

Dan_Ace

No Longer a Noob
Jun 23, 2010
Toronto, ON
The Locust are dead. Adam's weapon targeted "every contaminated cell on Sera", so obviously that would include the underground. Gears 3 is the finale, the end of the story. Period.

ade2004

Mortal Kombat.
Apr 22, 2004
The locust are dead, relax, EPIC isn't foolish enough to abandon gears of war. It might be a few years, but it's guaranteed another gears trilogy is coming.

HAL_90000

Almost Not a Noob
Sep 2, 2010
France
Even the worst Hollywood script writers (except maybe for the ones who did the Friday the 13ths) wouldn't do a such a far fetched turn around.
It's very simple: all the future games will be prequels.

blackhawk2009

Almost Not a Noob
Jun 26, 2008
But the locust tunnels are flooded. Plus that would be a crappy way to bring back the locust in future games.

GrubKiller

Noob
Mar 1, 2011
The Locust have no more reason to attack humanity even if they were alive. I was just kidding about Gears 4.

MastaWindu

Noob
Jun 10, 2011
They said they were done with this series of characters. Now who is to say they won't do something else in the gears universe, similar to what Halo did with ODST and Reach.

sng-ign

電 子 遊 戲 師 傅
Aug 6, 2002
MastaWindu said:
They said they were done with this series of characters.

Now who is to say they won't do something else in the gears universe, similar to what Halo did with ODST and Reach.
Bulletstorm 2.

Mar 27, 2011
There's about 15 years between emergence day and Gears 1 that have been almost completely ignored in the games. And even if you include RAAMs shadow, that's still about 10 years after emergence. They left themselves lord of room to do more.

Oct 10, 2008
Dan_Ace said:
The Locust are dead. Adam's weapon targeted "every contaminated cell on Sera", so obviously that would include the underground. Gears 3 is the finale, the end of the story. Period.
False.

EVERYONE is contaminated on Sera, but to certain extents. Those that are contaminated to a certain level, die. Those that are not, live(Delta Squad and everyone who didn't die).

It's VERY possible that there's still Locust alive.

Fraker2000

Noob
Jan 5, 2012
I dont think so because the locust actualy live near the emulsion. even though delta spent alot of time underground they did not die because they had not been contaminated to the point of your run of the mill locust.

Metalratex

Noob
Jun 5, 2010
They said it would be the last installment with Delta Squad. It doesn't exclude the hypothesis of seeing one or other character in action again.

GRIMREAPER93

Almost Not a Noob
Sep 16, 2009
through out the whole story. Dom and Marcus mention the "Pendulum war" a lot. Now, i think it could be possible that Epic could put together a campaign that involves Dom and marcus in the Pendulum war. I honestly wouldnt mind if they did a campaign that involves everything before Marcus was behind bars.

cillbiz

Noob
May 30, 2010
the locust are clearly dead, tiny amounts of imulsion vapour would have been inhaled by all locust, they would haved mated with locust which are only beginning to be affected, or no vivsible affects of imulsion, causing infected babies, and their tunnels got flooded, so all went to the surface or drowned, and then voila, gigantic thing kills all of them.... humans were far away from the imulsion, which is why the townships that harvest imulsion were all infected, but people like delta squad might have spent maybe 48 hours EVER near imulsion or imulsion powered items... the actual imulsion for like hammer of dawn is in the satellite