Rundas

Noob
Jan 15, 2013
Like many others I'm a big fan of hitman. This is perhaps my most loved franchise. And I'm trying hard to love this new game, but one thing ruined the game for me, among many others. The Courthouse level. Well, this is some spoiler, if you haven't played. Better avoid that.
Thing is, when I'm disguised as a gardener, a cop, a chinese cook, a body guard, anyone can spot me in seconds. But in the courthouse level, I walk behind the defendant into the bathroom, subdue or kill him, take his clothes and walk out and nobody knows the difference. I mean, I'm a bald, ugly, tall, silent guy that was a small, bearded, dark haired, talking lunatic just five minutes ago. And I go in front of a judge, half dozen guards, witnesses and nothing happens. That ruinned the game for me. Completely. Bought it online, and can't even trade it...
What was the most stupid AI behaviour that you've noticed?

Punker_29

Almost Not a Noob
Nov 9, 2010
Portugal
Actually didn't know about that... Have to replay it. But I will say that if it wasn't for the previous games, specially Blood Money, I wouldn't love Absolution like I do.

Aug 16, 2005
Games consists of 2 missions: Assassination, and Traversal.
Assassinations play stays true-to-form with the rest of the series, presenting a multitude of ways
to accomplish your goal. This is the meat of the game.

Traversal missions offer linear progression in a confined environment. In theory they offer a new style of gameplay relying heavily
on stealth progression from A-B. Unfortunately for the most part they stand
only to showcase the "dogshit" A.I, and broken disguise system. Not to mention that most of these missions could
have easily and more enjoyably replaced with a cutscene transition.

Punker_29

Almost Not a Noob
Nov 9, 2010
Portugal
Games consists of 2 missions: Assassination, and Traversal.
Assassinations play stays true-to-form with the rest of the series, presenting a multitude of ways
to accomplish your goal. This is the meat of the game.

Traversal missions offer linear progression in a confined environment. In theory they offer a new style of gameplay relying heavily
on stealth progression from A-B. Unfortunately for the most part they stand
only to showcase the "dogshit" A.I, and broken disguise system. Not to mention that most of these missions could
have easily and more enjoyably replaced with a cutscene transition.

I guess you're right but I did enjoy the fact they're trying something new. If the AI and disguise system was good, it could be actually really good. I hope they keep trying and bringing the traversal part to the next game

May 24, 2008
So, just because it's sort of unrealistic, you're going to trade it in? Are you fucking retarded or something? It's a videogame!

beamer1369

Noob
Mar 15, 2009
pretty much every video game , at some point in time is unrealistic. Hitman did a good job of being as realistic as you can get. Your nitpicking at things , to find a problem with them

Jun 15, 2005
You obviously never tried taking out the judge and, disguised as him, passing judgement over the defendant in front of everyone. Without saying a word. Looking completely different... and everyone's ok with it. I personally don't care for small details like it, I personally found it funny ^_^

xmonkey123

No Longer a Noob
Aug 6, 2006
pretty much every video game , at some point in time is unrealistic. Hitman did a good job of being as realistic as you can get. Your nitpicking at things , to find a problem with them
Seriously... those dumb little disguise problems that are found don't alter the games greatness at all. This game was by far the best in terms of different approaches.

Rundas

Noob
Jan 15, 2013
So, just because it's sort of unrealistic, you're going to trade it in? Are you fucking retarded or something? It's a videogame!
No, not retarded, more like disappointed. I've played every hitman game, and this one let the ball drop at some points. It could be nostalgia of the other entrys, of course, but I've found this particular disguise to be dumb. They could've done it better. I play a game (or watch a movie) accepting what it offers me. It is stupid not to do so. But even that have some limitations.