LynettaJawck

Almost Not a Noob
Jan 21, 2019
SpaceX, Mars
Greetings!

We recently purchased a Tesla 3 and it's our first experience with an electric car. That's why I am here to ask which accessories, we must have. We have got a center screen protector, screen cleaner because it is different for electric screens and quick tire repair kit. Now, we are willing to get 4-6 pieces of floor mats for Tesla Model 3. I found these ones good https://www.amazon.com/Autailors-Weather-Floor-Tesla-Model/dp/B07RPF212M?ref_=ast_bbp_dp&th=1. What are your views about these mats especially do you think they will work perfectly in winter, snow and rainy season?

Secondly, tell me what other accessories we must have in this regard? We are also considering Door Sill Clear Protection. Can you suggest any brand in this regard? Moreover, it would be great if you share any marketplace that deals with secondhand Tesla 3 accessories.

Please come with good suggestions. I am waiting for your responses.

tesla-model-3-steering-wheel-navigation.jpg

blinkz0rz

Don't forget to bring a towel.
Aug 10, 2008
Calatia
But for mats, you can't go wrong with Weather Tech mats. Sure they may be privy, but they are laser molded to fit each car.

blinkz0rz

Aug 10, 2008
Calatia
I don't see that. There isn't a feature to safely and efficiently charge a Tesla from about Empty to Full battery in the time it takes to fill up a 20gallon tank of petrol, 5-10 minutes.

How many miles can a Tesla do on a full charge, 400? Most cars do that today. If I am going on a road trip, I don't want to have to add extra time to wait at least an hour to charge the car so I can do another 400 miles, then repeat often.

Right now it isn't feasible. Also, quick charging is not that safe on batteries. Heat I'd a big tradeoff with high wattage charging. I know, I have done battery research on 5W, 10W, and 20W phone chargers. The 20W will charge a phone in an hour but it produces a lot more heat. Heat is what kills batteries, aside from multiple charge and discharge cycles.

blinkz0rz

Aug 10, 2008
Calatia

Start at 5:08 and he talks about Tesla and their resale value being bad, among other issues they have.

DuctTapeNinja

Lord of Lard
Jan 1, 2006
But for mats, you can't go wrong with Weather Tech mats. Sure they may be privy, but they are laser molded to fit each car.
I bought the Weather Tech mats for my truck at one point, and they fit poorly. I figured the black truck was just because of its history, but then I tried them in the red truck and they fit poorly in there as well. They were close enough that they were obviously designed for the truck and I hadn't just gotten ones for the wrong vehicle. But they fit poorly enough to annoy me any time I looked at them.

As far as the Tesla accessories, I'd recommend a towable generator so you don't have to stay within 10 miles of a charging station at all times.

9icnp30cvt921.jpg

Last edited:

BillMalai

Noob
Feb 4, 2023
Hi! I recently got a Tesla Model 3 and I couldn't agree more about the importance of accessories.

KrayonBytr

Noob
Aug 26, 2022
I could never own a Tesla; it's a weirder cult following than jeep. My wife wanted one as a 3rd car for mainly the kids to drive but I refused. Top 5 cultish people I've ever met.

#1 atheists
#2 vegans
#3 Tesla owners
#4 republicans & democrats
#5 Westbourough Baptist Church

That's a hard pass for me.

People who crossfit were on that list until like 2013 when they finally started to calm down a bit.