Status
Not open for further replies.

Bot-IGN

<marquee> Crush... Kill... Post Articles... </marq
Mar 28, 2001
Article Comments for [link=http://tv.ign.com/articles/987/987309p1.html]Supernatural Flashback: "In My Time of Dying" Review[/link]
by Diana Steenbergen

Summary:
The opening episode for season two of Supernatural, "In My Time of Dying", remains one of the show's high points, even three seasons later. If the first season finale, "Devil's Trap", was the episode that raised the bar for Supernatural in terms of the larger storyline involving the Winchester family, this episode left no room for doubt that this show has far more in mind that simply monster of the week stories. [link=http://tv.ign.com/articles/987/987309p1.html]Read Full Article[/link]

GSlayer123

Prime Member
Jun 11, 2008
Thank you, IGN. I was wondering if you were ever going back to restart your flashback reviews. And guess what, you gave this episode, one of my favorites, a great score. Keep up the work [face_tongue]

But as a side note, you still have more than 22 episodes to cover. You didn't review the first 10 episodes of the strike truncated season 3. I could be great to see that you manage to continue this flashback reviews after "All Hell Breaks Loose pt. 2" all the way to episode 10 of season 3. It could bring the entire show reviews full circle. And it could give me more of a reason to keep coming each week for a review. Please, don't let me down ;)

P.S. : I don't now if its too much to ask but, have you ever considered to also make early flashback reviews for Smallville? I mean, those early years were great, and it could also be good to see the contrast of what it was before what it is now. It's just me asking. Only for the fact that it could be great entertainment for the summer. Please, could you reply this comment?

EricGoldman-IGN

Almost Not a Noob
Mar 13, 2006
GSlayer123 said:
But as a side note, you still have more than 22 episodes to cover. You didn't review the first 10 episodes of the strike truncated season 3.
Hey, GSlayer123. Yeah, we are aware of those missing Season 3 reviews too. We won't get to that this summer (we're already going to have to cram a lot in to review 22 episodes between now and the Season 5 premiere), but eventually we hope to review those episodes too.

GSlayer123

Prime Member
Jun 11, 2008
OK, Eric, thanks to the reply. I'm just happy that you are completing covering the show and that all of you are aware of the missing Season 3 reviews. And you are right, cramming 22 episode reviews into the next 3 and a half months is going to be hard. Remember that the reviews started on the pre strike-post strike hiatus of Season 3 and it helped all of you to finish reviewing right before season 4. I appreciate the effort of covering missing ground. Thanks to all. And thanks Diana, for the support you give to this show and for the entertainment you will give me this summer, reviving this classics. And the more you manage to make double gigs a week, the better. They should even raise your paycheck.
Thanks to all.

emoney941

Noob
May 20, 2008
This really was an awesome episode. My favorite part of it was when Dean smacked the cup after John and Sam were arguing and he said "Dude, I full on Swayze-d that mother." Classic.

mikey8oh

Noob
Nov 12, 2007
this is one of my top episodes in the series! the shots they used were very cool, and it was our first peek into there being something more to Sam. besides "what is and what should never be", this is in my top five for sure...dean just can't shake those reapers man!

Status
Not open for further replies.