Status
Not open for further replies.

Bot-IGN

<marquee> Crush... Kill... Post Articles... </marq
Mar 28, 2001
Article Comments for [link=http://ps3.ign.com/articles/946/946502p1.html]Star Wars Battlefront III Footage Pulled[/link]
by IGN Staff

Summary:
[link=http://ps3.ign.com/articles/946/946502p1.html]Read Full Article[/link]

travischase

Almost Not a Noob
Jun 16, 2001
Uh oh! I have seen this before, we all know what happened to the footage of the Star Wars: Holiday Special.

Seba501

Noob
Mar 31, 2007
Well i think they are right.
But i also think lucas arts is stupid that video was FREE publicity and MegaHype.
these day Hype can sells more games than publicity

JJcorp

Noob
Sep 22, 2008
arggg... they should announce this game already! we all know their making it.... HAZE had better not ruin the battlefront series and Free Radical..... if this game is'nt made ADFHADFGHWDFA!@#$!@#%#$%

legacyAccount

Old Account
Nov 10, 2011
Mission Success

They got us all hyped up...now they'll finish it and sell 3 million more copies because we all MUST have SW:BF3...

I'm basically expecting this under my X-Mas tree in December...so should all of you

milemaniac

i eat miles for breakfast.
Dec 3, 2006
this game will quietly dis-appear, only to re-emerge for the holiday 2009 season, and score a 7.2 on IGN and see moderate sales sucess.

butchd1

Noob
Jul 28, 2008
Rumor has it now It went to U.K. studios
Rebellion. They also have done starwars
battlefront for the PSP.

Sep 3, 2003
I almost get the feeling Lucasarts doesn't WANT this game to see the light of day. I have to wonder why. With stuff like "Dark Obi-Wan" already revealed, I'm really curious to see what else is in hiding. :)

May 3, 2007
Judging from the leaked footage this game looked too awesome for anyone to ignore so I think it will arise again and add to that its Star Wars so it immediately has a large audience that will lap it up, can't wait for it!

Letsshoot

Noob
Jul 21, 2007
LOL, is it a coincedence that Lucasarts wanted to remove the leaked video's of Battlefront 3?
I mean if the game is dead (?) why bothering the video's then ?

Feb 27, 2008
This could mean one of two things.One they are working on it and don't want anyone to see it yet,or Lucas is just being a bastard and wants to keep it all to himself.

Apr 4, 2005
"Rumor has it now It went to U.K. studios
Rebellion. They also have done starwars
battlefront for the PSP."

Sources say (Namely G4 and 1Up) that Pandemic has taken the project from Rebellion.

THGhost

Splinter Cell Board Veteran
Feb 5, 2005
This footage was an early concept of the game and is no confirmation that the game will be released.

Rubbish. They're just pissed off that their footage has been shown early without permission.

Jul 23, 2002
Lucas Arts are the most under-achieving game developer I can think of. How they manage to turn out mediocre after mediocre game with source material as rich as star wars is a mystery to me.

please, lucasarts, hand over development of Battlefront to someone like DICE, Id, or Epic. Start it over from scratch for all I care....but there is absolutely no excuse for a BF2 type game set in the Star Wars universe to be nothing less than epic. I don't want another underachieving p.o.s. like the original Battlefronts or the new Battle for Middle Earth game.

Even a decent/good game like ForceUnleashed and Republic Commando left so much on the table....and playing through these games leaves a sour taste of what could have been.

Sep 23, 2007
lucas arts sucks if they dont release the game as free radical did it, and if they change developer it should return to pandemic.(the creators)
But it had been shown that the game is done, I only hope the game remain intact....

pat673

Noob
Jul 17, 2008
Oh good, I thought it was saying that Battlefront III itself had been indefinitely pulled, but it's just the video. I'm sure someone could find it if they just looked...Oh, look, it's on my computers hard drive [face_tongue]

Oct 8, 2006
you know what lucas arts WE OWN YOU hahahah cuz without us your nothing (us being consumers) and not only are we demanding our videos back but a finished game within the year! yes i said i own you george, f*ck your indiana jones and fracture shit GIMMIE BATTLEFRONT III!!!!!!

Apr 4, 2005
"you know what lucas arts WE OWN YOU hahahah cuz without us your nothing (us being consumers) and not only are we demanding our videos back but a finished game within the year! yes i said i own you george, f*ck your indiana jones and fracture shit GIMMIE BATTLEFRONT III!!!!!!"

If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine. Lets hope that saying goes for BF3 too...[face_praying]

Jan 21, 2009
Early footage my ass. That was several stages beyond early coding. Lucas is getting hype up. Typical market ploy. they would lose millions if they didn't finish the game. No one takes that without a fight.

frankhoule

Noob
Sep 20, 2008
If they dare NOT considering a PC version of this game...

But if they do, they must NOT reapeat the error Rockstar Games did with GTA IV!

I can't wait to hear more about this game, but one mistake and it's goodbye GameStop, hello torrents! of course, until I read good comments on the future games to come...but let's hope this time they don't mess up like they did for The Force Unleashed... I swear they WILL lose tons of fans, including me!

Feb 2, 2009
The fact that it has taken so long to even have this little evidence of a third star wars battlefront suggests that its unlikely that its gonna happen. Hope it does though!

Sg1rulez

Noob
Dec 19, 2006
well there are rumours that BOTH Pandemic and Rebellion are working of BF3 seeing as though free radical lost the rights to the game and its rumoured to be released on December of this year..which means that either:

1) They using Free radical's engine but are adding extra stuff or just finishing it off as it was 90% complete which is believable as they have to understand the game engine and fix bugs and stuff...

2) THIS IS MOST LIKELY: they are re-desinging the game or starting from scratch incorporating some of free radical's elements.

either way i dont trust pandemic to develop it and i wont believe it as Lucasarts and Pandemic had a massive disagreement over 3 years ago and they havent worked on joint projects since.

SO fingers crossed..i just want the game!!!

Sg1rulez

Noob
Dec 19, 2006
old_man_groovy said:
This seems like something lucasarts would do, give us a glimpse of a great game and then ruin it by giving it to Pandemic.

if they're going for an november 2009 release which is all over the internet..i think they actually might use free radical's engine..but now i just recieved an email from a source which practically confirms it..therefore..we can assume pandemic are incharge but the question is why did they take it from Rebellion games and work on it on their own?

jsm8900

Noob
Jan 16, 2009
I will have to slit my throat if they don't come out with Battlefront 3, after seeing the full leaked trailer fot the game! I don't care if they are only half done with it they better still release it, because it will still be one of the greatest games! 10% finished, 30% finished it won't matter, every single fan of star wars and battlefront will buy a copy regardless... They know this Too, so they would be the biggest idiots not to do what ever it takes to make sure the game see's the store shelves!!!

If it don't come out I will consider death, Not really, But Seriously.

frankdux

A Clockwork Dux
May 5, 2001
jsm8900 said:
I will have to slit my throat if they don't come out with Battlefront 3, after seeing the full leaked trailer fot the game! I don't care if they are only half done with it they better still release it, because it will still be one of the greatest games! 10% finished, 30% finished it won't matter, every single fan of star wars and battlefront will buy a copy regardless... They know this Too, so they would be the biggest idiots not to do what ever it takes to make sure the game see's the store shelves!!!

If it don't come out I will consider death, Not really, But Seriously.

when that happens, does that mean we can say about you: "she's lost the will to live"

Dec 16, 2010
Guys listen up we need to make lucasarts know that the community wants battlefront 3 ! post it on facebook do whatever it takes to get this game back to life we need this game now! Seriously the only way there gonna make this is if the community wants it!

DavidP123

Noob
Apr 20, 2011
star wars battlefrontIII will be a great game if it comes out. the game will probably be made by spark unlimited. I found this here...

http://gamersnewsnow.blogspot.com/2011/04/star-wars-battlefront-3-is-dead-or-is.html

Status
Not open for further replies.