NeoJoe2000

Future Trophy Husband
Dec 11, 2002
I've been playing a lot of 98 and XI lately and remembered that I used to have an import version of XI so I never understood wtf was going on. I got the US version back when it came out, but never really played it until now. So with the story, I gathered this is where we left off and am wondering if I missed anything (of the serious endings at least):

-Ash tricked Oswald and Shen and are we to assume Oswald died in the fight that ensued between him and Shen after since he's not in XII?

-Ash now has Chizuru and Iori's powers which explains why Iori can't use flames anymore. Elizabeth wanted to stop him but couldn't and they have a past of sorts together.

-Kensou realizes his psycho power might be too dangerous for the world so changes up his style apparently? (their ending was funny btw)

-A lot of people gathered on a battleship to hear Heidern's debriefing. Who were those 2 women who appeared to take Magaki's body in the Ikari Warrior's ending??

So the Orochi saga continues somehow... Did I miss anything vital?

My guesses are that Ash will either be able to get Kyo's flames/powers and the proverbial ish will hit the fan or they will stop him and Chizuru and Iori will get their power back.

Sigh... playing my two favorite KoF's reminds me how much of a disappointment XII is to me... :(

PS - Magaki can suck it. [face_angry] most.frustrating.boss.EVER!!!

mummyheadGamma

No Longer a Noob
Aug 3, 2007
NeoJoe2000 said:
-Ash tricked Oswald and Shen and are we to assume Oswald died in the fight that ensued between him and Shen after since he's not in XII?

Oswald isn't dead. That ending is a little confusing. The starting shows the end of the fight. Shen and Oswald complimenting each other. Ash did manipulate the two of them, but Shen and Os seem to have a mutual respect for each other now. The winner of their fight was intentionally unspecified.

NeoJoe2000 said:
-Ash now has Chizuru and Iori's powers which explains why Iori can't use flames anymore. Elizabeth wanted to stop him but couldn't and they have a past of sorts together.

Right. It's yet to be explained. Something interesting to note, though its canon status is debatable, in one of the Another Day episodes (A KoF OVA, of sorts. Relating more to MI than the main series.), Ash can be seen with Elisabeth on a boat.

NeoJoe2000 said:
-Kensou realizes his psycho power might be too dangerous for the world so changes up his style apparently? (their ending was funny btw)

The Hizoku, aka Flying Brigands, (more specifically, their leader, Ron) have taken an interest in Kensou. Kensou's Psychic Power has apparently been replaced with what's called the Dragon Spirit. When Bao showed up, Kensou lost his original Psychic Power. As the Dragon Spirit began to manifest itself in Kensou, Bao's powers began to wane. As of XI, Kensou has learned to control the Dragon Spirit. Ron's plans are still unknown. (Another interesting note. Lin is standing next to Ron in that ending. Why's that important? Lin absolutely despises Ron.)

NeoJoe2000 said:
-A lot of people gathered on a battleship to hear Heidern's debriefing. Who were those 2 women who appeared to take Magaki's body in the Ikari Warrior's ending??

No idea yet. They are, however, connected to Those From the Past (the group Shion and Magaki belong to).

NeoJoe2000 said:
So the Orochi saga continues somehow... Did I miss anything vital?

That should cover it.

NeoJoe2000 said:
PS - Magaki can suck it. [face_angry] most.frustrating.boss.EVER!!!

Most definitely.