UltimateZombie

Almost Not a Noob
Aug 4, 2010
With this being inevitable, share some ideas for what you want in RD3.

1. No Jack Marston. Do I need to elaborate here?

2. More snow. I think a game set in the snow would be awesome, the outfits, the strange abandoned cabins, it could really work. Seasonal changes would be good to give more variety. Also, it seems odd in RDR to put snow literally right next to desert, especially considering Tall Trees wasn't very high up.

3. Better aiming controls. The sensitivity in RDR drove me insane.

4. Environmental interactivity. Things like sitting on benches and stuff, like in Skyrim.

5. Ranching mechanic. Similar to a lot of GTA's mechanics, have an option to purchase land and start a farm. Players would manage the population, do you want a small hut or a thriving community? What you you grow? Each period of time, you can harvest what you have and sell it for profit. I think some upgrades would be nice, to have a big mansion and a general store and a gaol like MacFarlane's Ranch.

6. Better gun sound effects. RDR had flimsy weapon effects in places, so I'd like to see that addressed.

That's all I can think of for now, share your thoughts.

TheStorm_119

Almost Not a Noob
Apr 30, 2010
Better gun controls RD:R was a great game but any game that needs lock on to feel smooth can do better,
I'd also like them to get rid of the "Having every single weapon in the game on your person at once" thing they had going on...
Other than that though I loved RD:R

Last edited:

GGK01

Noob
Apr 19, 2010
Personally i think that i ranching system would greatly increase the game's level. Also i would like a more interactive environment

Punker_29

Almost Not a Noob
Nov 9, 2010
Portugal
When John does that family mission riding the herd with Jack from MacFarlane's Ranch too Beecher's Hope was really cool. I hoped that he/Jack could take care of Beecher's Hope and make it a lucrative farm. Hope that they includ it in a next game.

As for a new Red Dead, I would like too see the prequel too Jack's history. I'd like too see him running with Dutch's gang and causing chaos with Dutch, Bill and the rest. They could keep the good/bad sistem by Jack could choose too spare or not lifes and that would lead too Bill shooting him and leaving him for death and he would get up and run away from the sheriff knowing (if he had been good) that his life of crime would lead too this and already knowing that he had too abandon it or (if he was bad) the shot would make him realize that he didn't wanted that life for him and his family.

Zeppalicious

Read More.
Apr 16, 2005
I'd like to see them continue with the time frame they have. I'm not exactly sure why Rockstar chose the time period they did (turn of the century) as it would make a sequel a bit more difficult. Obviously the "wild west" period must remain. But it's clear the next game would be more advances in terms of gunplay/control/cover etc. Just look at Max Payne3. Then we'll have GTA V and, possibly, eventually...hopefully...new Red Dead. All I'd like to see is improved mechanics and more interactivity. The next game would likely be on the next-gen of systems (just a guess) so the potential would probably be huge.

Jun 7, 2012
I'd like more awesome achievements like the one you have to tie up a woman and leave her on a train track... I'm not a bad person.

Jun 18, 2012
Ahh i wouldn't mind playing Jack. I don't share the Jack hate that everyone else seems to, haha xD a more interactive environment would be great, I was extremely disappointed that I couldn't find any cars to drive in Blackwater. also, more shooting and less herding.

RussNutter

Almost Not a Noob
Jun 3, 2011
Welling,Kent ,England
I think they should have unlockable film characters, like Clint Eastwood, John Wayne, Charles Bronson ect, and a custom clothing shop where you can buy each individual piece of clothing and accessory, to truly customise your characters look, I was playing it yesterday, the graphics still look unbelievable, Imagine what they will look like on the PS4 or X-Box One (bloody stupid name by the way Sony)

RussNutter

Almost Not a Noob
Jun 3, 2011
Welling,Kent ,England
The first thing that I noticed about RDR, (I just remembered while playing it yesterday) is, when you are riding your horse, it doesn't sound realistic, you can't discern it from gun fire, I have to stop so I can tell, even then it is not too clear

Dec 4, 2016
Here is my wishlist which i want in RDR 3 when thi sgame will be come out.
Ability to take hostages as human shields.
Ability to purchase Gatling Guns and Maxim machine guns.
Game features the same weapons that Redemption had, except semi- automatic weapons.
Simple and interesting storyline.
Wondrous Setting For The Game.
Player Ranking System..
Multiplayer Mode.
A good wishlist is also listed here http://rdr3reddeadredemption.com/