Status
Not open for further replies.

coasterdevils30

Hey look. A title.
Aug 1, 2000
My thoughts:

Homer was a little more jerkassy than we've seen him for a while, and his devotion to Maggie at the beginning was kind of out of character. But I did laugh at his tactless explanation to Marge. The primary Lisa plot was interesting, and sufficiently distinct from past episodes with similar plot points (e.g. Lisa the Simpson) because of the focus on Marge. Speaking of which, it would have been nice to spend more time on how Marge ended up where she is – her early life is an area that's been relatively neglected for 20 years. That's where I expected the episode to go, and I was a bit disappointed when it didn't happen. Lisa's plot kind of fizzled out in the middle – the private school thread probably should have appeared with more time left in the episode. But the ending did a decent enough job tying the threads together.

Bart's plot was pretty lightweight, but a satisfactory diversion – not so cursory as to feel underdeveloped, but not so time-consuming as to feel like it unfairly took away from the A-plot. The scene at the school near the end was very well-animated and well-written.

Overall, not bad, but nothing special. I'm thinking around a 3/5.

CUAVSFAN

Xt'Tapalatakettle
Dec 5, 2002
I thought the overall story was decent, but there were a lot of nice little jokes throughout:
Teachers are better when they are paid on money instead of chickens.
Well if Nelson corners you and Milhouse isn't there...
Chalmers explaining to Skinner that he has no one else to yell at - I like Willy!
The 2 second sight gag with the fruit rollups and gum (Big League Chaw) where Homer blew the smoke ring bubble and it dropped to the floor :^O...

A 3 for me as well...

Status
Not open for further replies.