Aug 5, 2005
Detroit, MI
There's only 3, so it's real easy. Which Sly game do you like the most? I personally love them all, of course.

1) Sly 2
2) Sly 1
3) Sly 3

I had the most enjoyment out of Sly 2. Introduced the new gameplay style which would staple the series, and was the longest of the 3. Sly 1 introduced the series, and set the standard (Love Mz Ruby's boss fight). Sly 3 introduced new characters and re-introduced past characters, evolving the series a bit.

...And now we get to Sly 4...where you do think it it will fit? Could be the best yet, but who knows? I'm just hyped as hell for it lol

jackcoolcheese

No Longer a Noob
Jun 19, 2005
1.) 2
2.) 3
3.) 1

I have played them all so many times and I love them equally but I play them in this order. I hope Sly 4 overtakes all of them but who knows.

Aug 5, 2005
Detroit, MI
1.) 2
2.) 3
3.) 1

I have played them all so many times and I love them equally but I play them in this order. I hope Sly 4 overtakes all of them but who knows.

I'm seeing good things from Sly 4. I was skeptical at first because Sanzuru was making it, but it seems like they captured everything about Sly extremely well.

Yewcantcme

Noob
Sep 4, 2012
1) Sly 2
2) Sly 3
3) Sly 1

Loved them all, of course - Sly 2 was my absolute favorite due to the introduction to the new hub worlds/gadgets, got to play as all of the gang (including others), was very long (which was fantastic), as well as many other variables (like the addition of pickpocketing, etc.)

I just beat Sly 4 yesterday, currently gathering all of the treasures/sly masks/trophies. All I can say is that it was a fantastic addition to the series. Sanzaru did a great job with the game. So, with Sly 4 in mind, my list changes to:

1) Sly 2
2) Sly 4
3) Sly 3
4) Sly 1

Sly 2 still wins on the shear fact of length of the game/vast amount of new content it introduced, plus I enjoyed Sly 2's gadget system more than Sly 4's. Left more room for customization in my opinion. Sly 4 was still fantastic though.

Jan 25, 2013
1) Sly 2
2) Sly 3
3) Sly 1

Loved them all, of course - Sly 2 was my absolute favorite due to the introduction to the new hub worlds/gadgets, got to play as all of the gang (including others), was very long (which was fantastic), as well as many other variables (like the addition of pickpocketing, etc.)

I just beat Sly 4 yesterday, currently gathering all of the treasures/sly masks/trophies. All I can say is that it was a fantastic addition to the series. Sanzaru did a great job with the game. So, with Sly 4 in mind, my list changes to:

1) Sly 2
2) Sly 4
3) Sly 3
4) Sly 1

Sly 2 still wins on the shear fact of length of the game/vast amount of new content it introduced, plus I enjoyed Sly 2's gadget system more than Sly 4's. Left more room for customization in my opinion. Sly 4 was still fantastic though.

I might have to agree with you for the list without Sly 4, but for my list WITH Sly 4, it'd be this...

1) Sly 4 - Vast Environments, Even More Richer/Detailed Characters, Cool Extras (Makes Up for 'Lack of Content' Compared to Sly 2)
2) Sly 2 - LOTS of Content/Additions, Super Friggin' Long
3) Sly 3 - Great, but Lacks Content Compared to Sly 4 & 2
4) Sly 1 - Clearly Not As Much Content as It's Sequels and What-not

I Will Admit, Sly 4 Doesn't Feel As Customizable as Sly 2, But At Least Every Thing is Still There and Available.

Yewcantcme

Noob
Sep 4, 2012
1) Sly 2
2) Sly 3
3) Sly 1

1) Sly 2
2) Sly 4
3) Sly 3
4) Sly 1

I might have to agree with you for the list without Sly 4, but for my list WITH Sly 4, it'd be this...

1) Sly 4 - Vast Environments, Even More Richer/Detailed Characters, Cool Extras (Makes Up for 'Lack of Content' Compared to Sly 2)
2) Sly 2 - LOTS of Content/Additions, Super Friggin' Long
3) Sly 3 - Great, but Lacks Content Compared to Sly 4 & 2
4) Sly 1 - Clearly Not As Much Content as It's Sequels and What-not

I Will Admit, Sly 4 Doesn't Feel As Customizable as Sly 2, But At Least Every Thing is Still There and Available.

Yes I agree with you, I think it's just that Sly 2 has a warm, fuzzy place in my heart lmao.

I mean, when I started playing it, compared to Sly 1, I was just floored. Loved it so much.

With Sly 4 did come really great graphics/environments, however. Honestly, it is a really big toss-up for me. I honestly sat there deciding for awhile which I wanted in 1st place before I posted.

zaniack

Almost Not a Noob
Oct 8, 2010
1) Sly 2
2) Sly 3
3) Sly 1
4) Sly 4
Thieves in Time did not live up to the hype at all.

Last edited:

scorch09

No Longer a Noob
Sep 30, 2006
1) Sly 2
2) Sly 3
3) Sly 1
4) Sly 4
Thieves in Time did not live up to the hype at all.

There was no real hype to begin with. New studio with an almost blank slate. Besides, do you have any idea what usually happens to these early playstation era titles? I grew up with Crash, Spyro, and Sly Cooper among others. I've already had to witness Crash and Spyro be made into shit tier franchises by some developer I've never heard of. I was half expecting Sly 4 to go down the same road. It was surprisingly a great game, however, considering what I expected it to be.

conb319

Noob
Oct 12, 2008
1. Sly 2
2. Sly 3
3. Sly 1

Sly 3 probably would have been my favorite before I replayed them all in the Collection back in 2010. I'm about to start Sly 4, hope it's good...

Last edited:

Sly55Crow

No Longer a Noob
Feb 19, 2007
Wow... Haven't been on this site in like 4 years xD

I like Sly 3 the most, then Sly 2, Then Sly 1.

I don't have a PS3, so I am unable to rate Sly 4. [face_cry]

undrey

Noob
Oct 25, 2011
Sly 4
Sly 2
Sly 3
Sly 1

I liked 3 more than 2 at first, but after replaying 2 and 3 I changed my mind.

Raidero

Good Opinion Haver
Oct 2, 2012
-Sly 1
-Sly 2
-Sly 4
-Sly 3

I would've liked Sly 3 more if I wasn't forced to play as those other characters like the guru and the panda king. I especially hated those couple of diving levels with dimitri.

Mr._Pseudonym

;^) PSNID: Danger_Dad
Feb 4, 2004
;^) Most everything's been covered already.

The first Sly Cooper game broke new ground, and created the franchise. If it hadn't been good, there wouldn't have been sequels. I remember falling in love with the graphics for it when it was new in the store, years ago. Especially the real-time movement in 3D as I guided him with the joystick. In the tutorial sequence, I'd make Sly jump onto one of the short trees, and it would bow slightly in reaction. Just amazing then, but old hat now.

The second game expanded on the first, introducing the ability to play as the other characters a few times. The overview interface was more intuitive, and so on. It showed the polish that only an experienced programming crew can provide. I just loved the ability to free-roam back to earlier stages whenever I wished.

The third one expanded things even more fully, adding the un-lockable mini-games and so on.

:^/ The fourth one, well, I've had it for a month now, and it's still in the shrink wrap. I'll get started on it some day, I promise.

Alfiniti

Noob
Oct 26, 2012
For now my ranking for the games I've currently played are:

1.) Sly 3

2.) Sly 2

3.) Sly 1

I just got Sly 4 yesterday so I can't rank that yet until I'm done, but I really liked the opening sequence it's really giving the same feel as the previous Sly games did.