Apr 26, 2015
Hi guys,
I played Pikmin 3 and thought it was great. I'm thinking of getting Pikmin 1. Is it going to feel like almost the same game or do you think it'll be just as fun?

Thepikminmaster

Almost Not a Noob
Mar 7, 2008
The Hatter's Tea Party
Ah depends; you'll get the same sense of urgency with the gameplay, you'll be shocked at the quality of textures compared, but the games are pretty different. You'll enjoy it, definitely, like how I enjoy it every single time I whack it in.

It's atmosphere is so much different. Pikmin 2 and 3 racked up the difficulty so you felt on edge when exploring. And afterwards, it was like exploring your garden. But I'll always get that same relaxing feeling from the Distant Spring, what with the music and the light blue and yellows. The Naval Forest was haunting and annoying. The Forest of Hope was peaceful in a way; the soundtrack definitely changed between games.

...But yeah in terms of the games, Pikmin 3 was very linear compared to the other two games, moreso than Pikmin 1 so I'll think you'll enjoy. Just be prepared; it's fucking old now.