surprise1

A guy.
May 23, 2003
I just got Persona 4 HD for the Vita. Firstly...the game is excellent.

I just defeated Yukiko's shadow and the world opened up a bit more. Bought some books, joined some clubs, got a job, etc.

I've had to discard a few Personas down the road since my inventory is full. Should I be fusing more?

Also, any general tips would be greatly appreciated. Really digging this world. Thanks all.

Carryduffp

No Longer a Noob
Aug 31, 2011
(Northern) Ireland
Yea try fusing personas, it is easier to see all the fusion options you have since there is now a 'search' option. You don't need to fuse much during the start of the game to advance, really it is later on in the game that it becomes more important. I would recommend that when you get to the 4th Dungeon boss you have the persona 'Black Frost' as it is overly powerful at that part in te game and the boss is surprisingly diffiuclt.

Make sure that before the end of December you have maxed out the Aeon (Marie's) social link so that you can unlock the bonus dungeon and Golden epilogue. There is not much to do on rainy days so only do the drama/music club (Sun social link) during rainy days and when they are not available go to Aiya (the restrauant in the Northern part of the shopping district) as it greatly increases your social qualities (diligence etc).
After the 3rd dungeon you can social link a certain party member who makes the game a lot easier the more you advance their social link (you don't have to romance them if you don't want to). Always have Yukiko on your team as she is the best party member to use (best healer and good with magic damage).
There Nursery (I think that's what it is called), tutor and hospital jobs have social links so really they are the only jobs you need to really do.

Just to say unless it is in this thread (I won't post spoilers) avoid looking up Persona 4 online as there are plenty of fan art that will spoil a good part of the game for you. I hope you enjoy it and post if you need anymore help.

Jan 10, 2014
Yea try fusing personas, it is easier to see all the fusion options you have since there is now a 'search' option. You don't need to fuse much during the start of the game to advance, really it is later on in the game that it becomes more important. I would recommend that when you get to the 4th Dungeon boss you have the persona 'Black Frost' as it is overly powerful at that part in te game and the boss is surprisingly diffiuclt.

Make sure that before the end of December you have maxed out the Aeon (Marie's) social link so that you can unlock the bonus dungeon and Golden epilogue. There is not much to do on rainy days so only do the drama/music club (Sun social link) during rainy days and when they are not available go to Aiya (the restrauant in the Northern part of the shopping district) as it greatly increases your social qualities (diligence etc).
After the 3rd dungeon you can social link a certain party member who makes the game a lot easier the more you advance their social link (you don't have to romance them if you don't want to). Always have Yukiko on your team as she is the best party member to use (best healer and good with magic damage).
There Nursery (I think that's what it is called), tutor and hospital jobs have social links so really they are the only jobs you need to really do.

Just to say unless it is in this thread (I won't post spoilers) avoid looking up Persona 4 online as there are plenty of fan art that will spoil a good part of the game for you. I hope you enjoy it and post if you need anymore help.

Yeah, on my first playthrough I used Black Frost until the end of the game because he was so overpowered.