Ghost_16

No Longer a Noob
Dec 5, 2009
Toronto
The only thing the games have in common is the name. They are completely different.

I like both of them for what they are.

djtomee86

Noob
Jun 18, 2012
i think it's a disaster having called that new one not only most wanted, it's a crime calling it even NFS...
2005 version forever!!! (btw i'm playing it now!!!)
i've played 2012 version only for about 10-15 minutes...
no comment!
glad, i've been trying it out at a friend's PC and i haven't bought it.... otherwise, i'd have a real expensive cup underplate.... [face_tongue]

positiv2

Noob
Jul 14, 2011
I like the NFS most wanted 2012 more. It has better graphics, I like finding cars and painting them. There are two things that I hate - low number of races and tuning. AI of both police and racers are great. They are not dumb nor too smart. I liked both NFS MW 2005 and 2012, but my favourite is the 2012 version. Everyone has got a different opinion.

May 23, 2012
2012 is much better and different; the graphics are a bit sharper, and it's an openworld game, unlike 2005, which is joust menus. On my PSP, 2005 was my favorite game, but that was before the new one came out.

May 29, 2008
2012 is much better and different; the graphics are a bit sharper, and it's an openworld game, unlike 2005, which is joust menus. On my PSP, 2005 was my favorite game, but that was before the new one came out.

You obviously haven't played the PC or PS2 versions of Most Wanted which were actually open world. PSP Games can't keep up with the competitor platforms because of the miniscule resolution and graphics ability, so you should just get a refund on your forum accounts if you think PSP games are the same as the PC counterparts similarly how absurd it is to think movies are as good as the books. I preferred 2005 version because it gives you incentive to take down the most wanted (razor has your car and you want it back) as opposed to 2012 where they gave you a list of the most wanted and just expected you to get on with it. The autolog and upgrade system is also a bit daft for me, money is the simplest and best rewards for winning races. Winning sports suspension after a race, so where does it come from? I assume you go and steal it from the other racers' cars after the victory. And what is it with all the cars scattered around the world, I get it they are trying to encourage exploration but why would hundreds of owners leave their expensive cars unlocked and with the keys in hidden in remote locations (as if they were trying to hide it from themselves). Not only does the 2005 version exceed better than the 2012 version other than graphics (which isn't that important) is that they even gave the Police an icon, Cross. Not only did it give the police force a face but it let us aim to get high stars so we can spawn Cross and kick his ass, then proceed the due bragging rights to friends. EA used to mean something 10 years ago, a good name, now its just "lazy sods that trick you out of your money". They need to put more effort into raising the overall quality of their games and most importantly CUSTOMER SUPPORT. True, people are supporting them by buying the games but signing in with tools like Origin they won't allow you for a refund which leaves you with a game you will never play and it keeps asking for updates, if we had the option of returning the games then EA would be bankrupt by now save for a couple good games. Soon people will stop buying games altogether just because it has EA on it, they need to get their heads out of their backsides where it's firmly planted and start operating like a proper company.

idh530

Noob
Nov 13, 2011
I liked the 2012 one. The only reason is it didn't have that awful story in 2005.

Other than that, they're both great games

idh530

Noob
Nov 13, 2011

You obviously haven't played the PC or PS2 versions of Most Wanted which were actually open world. PSP Games can't keep up with the competitor platforms because of the miniscule resolution and graphics ability, so you should just get a refund on your forum accounts if you think PSP games are the same as the PC counterparts similarly how absurd it is to think movies are as good as the books. I preferred 2005 version because it gives you incentive to take down the most wanted (razor has your car and you want it back) as opposed to 2012 where they gave you a list of the most wanted and just expected you to get on with it. The autolog and upgrade system is also a bit daft for me, money is the simplest and best rewards for winning races. Winning sports suspension after a race, so where does it come from? I assume you go and steal it from the other racers' cars after the victory. And what is it with all the cars scattered around the world, I get it they are trying to encourage exploration but why would hundreds of owners leave their expensive cars unlocked and with the keys in hidden in remote locations (as if they were trying to hide it from themselves). Not only does the 2005 version exceed better than the 2012 version other than graphics (which isn't that important) is that they even gave the Police an icon, Cross. Not only did it give the police force a face but it let us aim to get high stars so we can spawn Cross and kick his ass, then proceed the due bragging rights to friends. EA used to mean something 10 years ago, a good name, now its just "lazy sods that trick you out of your money". They need to put more effort into raising the overall quality of their games and most importantly CUSTOMER SUPPORT. True, people are supporting them by buying the games but signing in with tools like Origin they won't allow you for a refund which leaves you with a game you will never play and it keeps asking for updates, if we had the option of returning the games then EA would be bankrupt by now save for a couple good games. Soon people will stop buying games altogether just because it has EA on it, they need to get their heads out of their backsides where it's firmly planted and start operating like a proper company.

Who cares?

Aug 25, 2013

Who cares?

Dude true fans do. MW 2012 is nothing but high graphic shit... MW 2005 is the real MW..... I mean like instant re-inflating tyres.... where in the world does that happen but MW 2012

Last edited:

idh530

Noob
Nov 13, 2011

Who cares?

Dude true fans do. MW 2012 is nothing but high graphic shit... MW 2005 is the real MW..... I mean like instant re-inflating tyres.... where in the world does that happen but MW 2012

It happens in Need for Speed Rivals!

idh530

Noob
Nov 13, 2011

Who cares?

Well, there is ABSOLUTELY NOTHING in common about MW2005 or MW2012, so I won't call either "real MW". You "true fans" are the type of people who give 1 star reviews on MW2012 just because it isn't like the original.

But now that I fully played through MW2012, I will say that 2005 is better, but not by much. MW2005 had more depth, and was less repetitive after awhile. I probably say MW2005 is 7.5, and MW2012 is a 7.

Colt7670

Noob
Dec 26, 2013
I will say that the 2005 version is better, and i bet most, if not all of the people who played nfs since 2003 will agree. However, the 2012 version is still better than the shit EA Black Box made after nfs carbon, like nfs prostreet and the run which few people like. Criterion did the right thing by bringing back street racing to the nfs series and saved it, but still, their games are not up to the standards of the 2005 version. Now we can only hope criterion will bring back the storyline and the customisation, restoring nfs to its former glory.

Jul 11, 2013
easily 2005. the graphics might not be in HD, but the open world was bigger and it was a last gen game (isnt that sad?). 2012 just offered narrow city streets and 2005 offered that and MASSIVE highways that were perfect for putting your car to max potential.

VicSwagger

Noob
Jan 17, 2014
I think that 2012 is cooler if the settings are bigger, the characters that you have beaten will come back and fight for their ranks, more options in tunning your car, Cross' car is upgraded, Rog will have an appearance, add new characters, the old BL can get your car by getting Pink Slip (if you lose), and make the street racing more complicate.

I think the MW2005 and MW2005 Black edition can kick MW2012's Ass!

photo.php

BSmoothTSK

Noob
Jun 19, 2011
Gastonia, NC USA
Well Most Wanted 2005 had hot girls in it including Mia and deeper customization and the cars you win is cool because they all have upgrades on them and my favorite car is the one on the cover and the best car in the game (which is BMW M3 GTR with pinstripes down the side) but you have to beat Razor to get it.

BSmoothTSK

Noob
Jun 19, 2011
Gastonia, NC USA
Well Most Wanted 2005 had hot girls in it including Mia and deeper customization and the cars you win is cool because they all have upgrades on them and my favorite car is the one on the cover and the best car in the game (which is BMW M3 GTR with pinstripes down the side) but you have to beat Razor to get it. Sorry about the double post my internet connection was messing up.

Last edited:
Oct 10, 2014
easily 2005. the graphics might not be in HD, but the open world was bigger and it was a last gen game (isnt that sad?). 2012 just offered narrow city streets and 2005 offered that and MASSIVE highways that were perfect for putting your car to max potential.
i reached the top speed of the beamer in '05, thanks to the massive highways. in the 2012 version, there really is only 1 highway, but it is huge. if only criterion made a remake of that game only with updated graphics and a bigger car selection. live on nfsmw 2005!

Oct 10, 2014

Who cares?

nfs '05... you the real MVP

Last edited:
Feb 10, 2015
hi am i the only one here that was hoping for nfs 2012 to be a just like the 05 but with better grapichs and avalible for newer consoles

Feb 17, 2015
Absolutely 2005...i watched my bro play the 2012 version and i think that it more like burnout than need for speed...you can take down your opponent, you car repair instantly and change color by passing the repair station, you can't customize body kits, vinyl, and etc....i think the 2012 will be better if the story and the game system like the 2005 version but more cars, bosses, and more larger world. Thats my opinion [face_idea]

Mar 17, 2015
I love both of them. The 2005 game is better but I can't vote just that because MW 2012 is amazing. 2005 MW cintains customisation, non stop fun in pursuits and longer storyline. 2012 has awesome map again, more cars, no visual upgrades and reminds me of burnout paradise with gates and smash boards but in a good way.