Status
Not open for further replies.

gobucks34

Noob
Sep 21, 2010
Why didnt EA just release NBA Jam 11? Seriously how many users who buy elite will play elite....NBA JAM > NBA Elite......Demo sucks balls btw....

2k>Jam>Elite

15CW

Noob
Sep 14, 2008
i was really pullin for elite but the demo is just not good. When your producer uses the words "changing basketball games forever" u gotta live up to it.

nas2344

Dean Martin Soldier
May 20, 2002
yeah i really was hyped about this game but its bad! EA better just give up!

adrianduh

Noob
Jul 10, 2009
What don't you guys like about it?? I saw flaws but I personally really like it. I also play nhl which has the same controls though.. but I was just curious!

gobucks34

Noob
Sep 21, 2010
adrianduh said:
What don't you guys like about it?? I saw flaws but I personally really like it. I also play nhl which has the same controls though.. but I was just curious!

Have you played any NBA 2K games at all? I think thats why we dont like it....basically we are spoiled in a way by playing 2K games especially NBA 2k....once you play 2k you wont go back to EA

Jul 4, 2003
Same problem that has plagued EA's basketball games for years: laggy controls. When I press the 'pass' button, I expect the pass to happen almost immediately, not a second and a half later. EA needs to quit watching what sega is doing and go back to 2003-2004, when they were on the cusp of making something great, then make it happen. They seem lost now.
And, NBA 2K is not all that. The control scheme is problematic, I bought one of those games a few years ago and sold it a week later.

gobucks34

Noob
Sep 21, 2010
SirMonkeyGod said:
Same problem that has plagued EA's basketball games for years: laggy controls. When I press the 'pass' button, I expect the pass to happen almost immediately, not a second and a half later. EA needs to quit watching what sega is doing and go back to 2003-2004, when they were on the cusp of making something great, then make it happen. They seem lost now.
And, NBA 2K is not all that. The control scheme is problematic, I bought one of those games a few years ago and sold it a week later.

control scheme? whats bad about it? oh and noticed you said few years back....2k is much improved

bresileiro

Noob
May 27, 2008
I feel sorry about this game.

NBA LIVE 4 and 5 were great games.

I like NBA LIVE 10 too.

But Elite looks like a joke. I realy can believe that they release this demo.

May 19, 2010
I've bought Live since the series started and love the game. I was excited about Elite 11, that is until I played the demo, I just cancelled my pre-order and feel really bad that EA tried hard to reinvent it but failed, taking some good things out in doing so. I'm actually gettin 2K11 now, oh well.

gobucks34

Noob
Sep 21, 2010
ShOtSnHoPs said:
EA...just stick to football

by chance did you ever play NFL 2K5, the one with Terrell Owens on the cover?? Greatest Football Videogame Ever considering I never lived back in the Tecmo Bowls days....obviously ppl say Tecmo bowl or whatever is the best but NFL 2K5 was so good that 2 years later you could still play the game and enjoy it....as a matter of fact I remember 2 years ago ppl made roster updates for 2k5 and still played.....

2k>Ea.....Ea should just make Fifa and I will be happy...

oh yea BTW NFL 2k5 was 19 bucks....any EA game back in the day was 50....I luv 2k

rypeters5

Almost Not a Noob
Jul 18, 2004
I agree I was very disappointed with NBA Elite 11 demo. Maybe if I mastered the controls, it would get fun, but the gameplay itself is soo glitchy. Players are pretty much idiots, and it was so hard to pull off plays.

I really enjoyed the create a legend mode, it seems like it would get addicting, but again the actual games did not play as realistic as I would like.

ALso, I switched the control scheme to the old classic "live" controls, and it played and felt exactly like NBA 2003. The physics may be a little better, and collisions, but it is essentially NBA LIVE 2003 with updated graphics and control scheme.

Just to be fair though,

What annoys me with NBA 2K11 is theres a lot of automated animations that take too long, therefor making it difficult to change your mind last minute, or do quick passes. But 2k11 is a lot more smooth, realistic.

Does 2k11 has create a legend mode like NBA ELite 11?

May 19, 2010
Wow, after waiting for a while to download it, I stopped playing literally after 2 minutes, it is just awful. I hate to see this because I thought EA was showing signs of progression, but this is just flat out terrible, they are going no where fast. 2k is actually good this year, I haven't liked a 2k game since 2k7, but this year blew me away.

Jul 4, 2003
gobucks34 said:
SirMonkeyGod said:

control scheme? whats bad about it? oh and noticed you said few years back....2k is much improved
Perhaps, in the version I played, crossovers were performed by holding down turbo and using the left stick. This made no sense to me, and seemed vastly inferior to EA's scheme.

gobucks34

Noob
Sep 21, 2010
SirMonkeyGod said:
gobucks34 said:
SirMonkeyGod said:

Perhaps, in the version I played, crossovers were performed by holding down turbo and using the left stick. This made no sense to me, and seemed vastly inferior to EA's scheme.

Nope, you dont need turbo to perform crossovers. Actually you can do any dribbling move with the left stick, I believe Elite is just behind 2K because finally Elite introduces a new control scheme this year, meanwhile 2k has had the dribbling crap at least beginning in 2k8....so elite needs to step up there game...

Jun 14, 2010
This is ground breaking..idk how they captured how u play basketball in real life and put it in a game. amazing. Its a shame we are all so used to playing games and not realize how much we aren't really doing i love it.. real life ex.. 2k- t...and your ball carrier and move the left analog to the right and what does he do.( automatically places the ball in the other hand and runs) Elite( ball in left hand, i move my player to the right ball still in left hand= in game a turnover) we have been so spoiled in video games its sad to see how easy games were in the past.. This is What Ive always wanted in every Video Game Absolute Control.. Elite 11(2 real 4 noobs and small minds) 2k (great game for lazy players looks good plays good. How much are u really controlling THINK ABOUT IT
REALLY.Or better yet go a gym and play Basketball and then Come home and try to do the same on 2K u can but not REALLY. PLAY ELITE and u will understand exactly what i mean. Cant even compare the 2 totally different games..Same sport..Elite( playing the sport in real life on the controller) 2k( watching the sport imitate real life until i can press a button and watch my player do what is best for the situation.) Small Minds cant see what this game has to offer. Great Job EA..Ive been waiting on something like this since Fight Night went to the Analog controls..

EA- Bring back turbo please, and move passing to r1. that's the only thing i don't like about the game i need to speed up sometimes or even better yet do faster handing while holding turbo

May 19, 2010
I like playing the game because I can't do that stuff in real life, 99.9% of ppl who play video games like being able to do amazing things because it's fun. It does take skill to use absolute skill and I like what EA tried to do but didn't do well on it, everything on the demo was terrible and I've been completely loyal to NBA Live, hopefully they fix this in the future and just go back to what they did in Live 10.

gobucks34

Noob
Sep 21, 2010
KurtRambis31 said:
I like playing the game because I can't do that stuff in real life, 99.9% of ppl who play video games like being able to do amazing things because it's fun. It does take skill to use absolute skill and I like what EA tried to do but didn't do well on it, everything on the demo was terrible and I've been completely loyal to NBA Live, hopefully they fix this in the future and just go back to what they did in Live 10.

Live 10 was good. Good as in a bad way.

teachme

Noob
Sep 4, 2006
gobucks34 said:

Live 10 was not a bad game. Was not as polished as 2k10 but there were some elements Live 10 had better then 2k10.

Back on topic, this demo was not at all what i expected but it isn't the worst basketball game ever made. This game gave me the impression that it was strictly made for online game play or user v user on the same console. The CPU AI is just terrible and in no way shape of form replicates real NBA basketball. If you are an online gamer and can get the controls down then you may have fun running a squad in the EASBA with your friends. If you aren't an online gamer then stay far away from this title all together, as I will be doing.

gobucks34

Noob
Sep 21, 2010
teachme said:
gobucks34 said:

Live 10 was not a bad game. Was not as polished as 2k10 but there were some elements Live 10 had better then 2k10.

Back on topic, this demo was not at all what i expected but it isn't the worst basketball game ever made. This game gave me the impression that it was strictly made for online game play or user v user on the same console. The CPU AI is just terrible and in no way shape of form replicates real NBA basketball. If you are an online gamer and can get the controls down then you may have fun running a squad in the EASBA with your friends. If you aren't an online gamer then stay far away from this title all together, as I will be doing.

True True, 2k servers were not as good as live 10....some of the glitches too but as far as the overall feel of real basketball, movement, gameplay, graphics....2k10 by far.....Actually live 10 in my opinion is better than Elite 11...

teachme

Noob
Sep 4, 2006
Yeah Live 10 is a better game overall then Elite but I can see why somebody would buy Elite. If you are an online gamer then this game was made for you. EA decided to just copy NHL 11 and call it a basketball game which doesn't work. Two different sports and two different athletes that play them. It's very hard to believe the guy responsible for the recent success of the NHL series would have the DEEP knowledge of basketball EA needed to at least compete with 2k. No matter how great a programmer he may be or lead designer, If he doesn't not have love and passion for the game of basketball then there is nothing he can do to improve the game.

2K designers know the game of basketball and all the little details the go into the game. They basically took everything Live 10 did better then them last year and incorporated them. Live 10 had the better play calling system and 2k took what EA had and ran with it. 2k even refined their controls to make it easier for anybody who may be new to their game. 2k is going to drop a bombshell on basketball sim gaming like we have never seen before. I'm talking about atomic bomb on Hiroshima and there is nothing elite can do about it but watch and hope to survive long enough to gain some respect back.

You got a long and tough road ahead of you EA, a very long and tough road. I'm hoping they can salvage this franchise because competition is always good for any market.

Status
Not open for further replies.