jackcoolcheese

No Longer a Noob
Jun 19, 2005
Okay so through a little bit of analysis of the Sly videos and the Sanzaru website I have narrowed down who I believe to be, are the 8 ancestors in Sly Cooper Thieves in Time.

http://slycooper.playstation.com/en-us/about/

On this page you see Sly, Bentley, Murray, and Carmelita. Also are 8 question marks. Which I believe are the 8 ancestors and that is why they are covered.

This is the next part. In this screen (I think I marked it correctly. If not fast forward to the 2:24 mark.) you see exactly 8 ancestors. Rioichi Cooper, Sir Galleth Cooper, Salim al Kupar, Henriette "One Eye" Cooper, Slytunkhamen Cooper II, Tennessee Kid Cooper, Taddeus Winslow Cooper III, and Otto Van Cooper.

I think it would make sense to have all of these ancestors, as they seem like they would have intensely interesting personalities. Beyond that Rioichi, Sir Galleth, and Salim have been revealed so far in the same order as they are in the video.

Last edited:

jackcoolcheese

No Longer a Noob
Jun 19, 2005
I messed up. I think the order of the ancestors in the video are:

1.) Slytunkhamen Cooper II
2.) Sir Galleth Cooper
3.) Salim al Kupar
4.) Henriette "One Eye" Cooper
5.) Rioichi Cooper
6.) Tennessee Kid Cooper
7.) Taddeus Winslow Cooper III
8.) Otto Van Cooper.

So either way all 3 ancestors have been revealed and they are all in this image. So I am still saying I think all 8 of these ancestors are in the game. :D

gabe0524

Noob
Oct 22, 2012
don't know if this is true or not, but there may only be five ancestors in the game. According to a review (which for some reason is no longer on the website), there will only be 5 main time periods. The review was done by a website called gameplanet.co.nz. But when I tried to see the review for myself, it was no longer there. Hopefully, there's more time periods, but I guess we'll have to wait and see.

Oct 2, 2012
Either way there are 5 episodes and I did the math:
in the livestream they collected 3 clue bottles and it was 2% of the bottles
3=2%
3 is 2% of 150
150/30 bottle in each episode is 5
There are five episodes along with the prologue and epilogue which doesn't have clue bottles

Jan 23, 2013
Yeah there are only 5 episodes, since (I believe it's around 41:07 in the live stream video) the screen shows 5 mannequin type things where sly would keep his costumes from each level

jackcoolcheese

No Longer a Noob
Jun 19, 2005
Yeah there are only 5 episodes, since (I believe it's around 41:07 in the live stream video) the screen shows 5 mannequin type things where sly would keep his costumes from each level

Thanks for pointing that out. Not sure if you were the one who noticed that first, but good eye. I feel like the game is going for the exact feel of the first game for some reason. So I wonder if it is 5 ancestors and main bosses? Or 3 cameos from Sly's friends, such as Dimitri, Guru, and Penelope.

Nov 5, 2012
I think the eight are
Dimitri
Penelope
Sir Galleth
Slaigh
Tennesse
Rioichi
Salim Al Kupar
Sly's father

This is just my suggestion! >[face_tongue]

jackcoolcheese

No Longer a Noob
Jun 19, 2005
I don't know about the idea of Sly's dad. I think if Sly sees his dad it would mess up everything because Sly would not be able to resist telling him that the Fiendish Five will come for him.

LightEcoJak

The Hero of the Precursors
Oct 3, 2005
I'm 99% sure Tenessee Kid will be in the game. If you check out the part of the demo where Sly can see the main villain's shadow, you can see him talking to two minions. One is Ms. Decibel and the other looks like a croc wearing a cowboy hat so it looks like he's heading to the wild west.

Jan 23, 2013
I'm thinking that towards the end Sly might use his cane as the artifact for the time machine since it belonged to his dad to go back in time and visit him, or at least think about it.

Cra-Z

Noob
Jan 29, 2013
I don't know about the idea of Sly's dad. I think if Sly sees his dad it would mess up everything because Sly would not be able to resist telling him that the Fiendish Five will come for him.
And if Sly tells his dad, then:
Slys dad would prepare for the fiendish five
Slys parents would survive
Sly would never go to the orphanage
Sly would never meet Murray and Bentley
Clockwerk would succeed

Jan 17, 2012
And if Sly tells his dad, then:
Slys dad would prepare for the fiendish five
Slys parents would survive
Sly would never go to the orphanage
Sly would never meet Murray and Bentley
Clockwerk would succeed
You may have a point.